Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods E.T Mag wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by impala59, Jul 2, 2017.

1. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Back in the 70"s in northern ca there was a version of a Supreme wheel everyone had on their car. Everyone called them"tinsel Lloyds" never could find out who made them. Seen a car for sale on Craigslist and the ad said old school Supremes stamped wheel centre Walnut Creek. He said they are 2 piece bolted together. Anyone know if these are the ones called "tinsel Lloyds"?

Attached Files:

2. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

The guy that bought the company Wheel Center (ET wheels) from Dick Beith is on this site. Look him up and ask him. His HAMB name is etwheels.

3. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

His recent activity file shows no activity since July 2016.

5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Go to the team III website for the contact info for ET Wheels . www.etmags.com

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  6. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

There was several wheel makers back in the day and it seemed they copied a lot off each other. Cragars, e.t. and Fenton are just a couple that come to mind.

7. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Yes several companies made there own knock off version of the supreme style wheel just like there still doing today. But this version everyone back in early 70"s called them tinsel Lloyds. If I could remember guys were buying them cheap because they were 2nds. I sure would like to see the backside of these and how there bolted.

8. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

I did EMAIL them a few years back and asked but never got a reply. Next time I'm in Hayward area I'm gonna stop in and ask them

9. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

My memory is kicking in now. I was told years ago they were called "tinsiloids" and have a aluminum center and steel outside. Does that sound like maybe it could be correct? Man I'm hoping someone has some better information!

10. VonWegener

VonWegener

What you remember is TENSALOY which is a high strength Alloy in the sand casting foundry world. It was developed to be used without heat treatment.
    It is an option to 319, 355, and 356 heat treated aluminum sand castings. Tenzaloy is also known as 713 as-cast aluminum alloy.
    I remember the term being used in mag wheel ads but do not remember which brand.

benchseat4speed and ClayMart like this.
  11. VonWegener

VonWegener

impala59 likes this.
  12. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

thank you for finding that. I tried so many times searching the web but I got limited skills on computer. I think I'm going sleep better now that I learned a lot more about wheel centre and e.t. making one of the first versions of the supreme wheel. Now I'm wondering how long that produced them. Like I mentioned before the guys in bay area were using them in late 70"s and e.t. mags were in Benicia.

Attached Files:

13. 327Eric

327Eric

Crestline wheels were made in walnut creek.

benchseat4speed likes this.
  14. The first Wheel Centre Co. Wheels were made in Walnut Creek, CA. The E-T "brand" has had multiple owners over the years since Dick Beith started Wheel Centre. Kelsey-Hayes even owned E-T Mags for a while in the 1980's. The newest owners of the brand is Team III, don't know that they have anything to do with Dick Beith or the original Wheel Centre Co. Maybe when they bought the rights and name they acquired old documents but you'd have to inquire I guess. My earliest E-T (Wheel Centre) catalog is from '66 I believe but I'm not home to check. Yes Crestline Wheels were also in Walnut Creek in the beginning, they moved to Port Chicago, CA until Port Chicago ceased to exist in about 1967-68 when I believe Crestline also ceased to be

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    benchseat4speed likes this.
  15. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Dick Beith sold Wheel Center (ET wheels) to the son of Dick Beith's old shop teacher, college professor? I can't remember which one it was he told me. That's who has it now.

16. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

Wonder if Crestline made a knockoff of the supreme wheel.

17. The guy who owns it, who did have a personal connection to Dick Beith, ( I think through his dad) is Scott Russell. You'll get better luck with him on the phone than by email.
    Shop (510) 895-8880 Cell (510) 895-8152