Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dynodanny's 241 dodge hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DYNODANNY, May 26, 2010.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I just picked up a 325 for my 27 Dodge coupe and was wondering where you found all of the nifty speed parts like the tripower? is someone still making those?

2. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

I got it from offy, they still make the manifolds.

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

OK, sounds like you did your home work by lifting center and shifting, hope my Dodge cast bellhousing holds up!

4. Weasel

Weasel

Offenhauser still makes a tripower for the 315/325 Dodge hemis - go to Bob Walkers www.hothemiheads.com to find all sorts of Dodge hemi stuff.

5. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Hey Brigrat, your cast bell housing should already have provisions for side mounts. The bell housing I'm using had side mount pads. Is yours going to be auto or stick shift?

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

When I had my 241/t-5 set up in my A coupe..I never had that problem.
    I used a stock Red ram front mount from the donor car(had to alter it a tad) but it held just fine.It was tied into the front A crossmember.
    The rear tranny mount was in and I had no sagging issues.I have since swapped out the engine and tranny,sold the A, and now its going into my 5 window.
    Danimal has the old front mount now(whether Dan used it...I am not sure)
    I used all wilcap stuff and a 10.5 chev alum. bell.With all the parts connected it one solid piece.
    I am now using the whole set-up(as stated) in a deuce frame with a NOS hurst saddle mount.
    I am not doubting you Danny.... but in my set up I have experienced no sagging what so ever.
    I am sorry i have no close up shots of the old set up....
    The tranny crossmember is removable in my new set up...... as before in the A....it was not.

Candyman rocks my world:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 73RR

73RR

9. Red Ram Hemi

Red Ram Hemi
    from Shack

A breath of fresh air.....I love this Hemi!

Red Ram

10. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

Beautiful little engine. What is the compression ratio? How about the cam? Leave those valve covers alone! Use the oil fill tube for your ventilation. It would look nice if shortened. ( Just my opinion. ). As for the PC valve, get a gromett and valve from Auto Zone. Then take a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate and drill it to the diameter of the gromett inside diameter. Cut the outside diameter of the plate big enough to fit over the lifter cover just big enough so that you can drill some screw holes through the cover. Make some like holes in the aluminum plate to the same pattern and drill to accept a #6-32 tap. Make a gasket and screw the assembly to the cover. Make sure to use thread locker and gall the screw threads just slightly so they can't work themselves out and fall into the engine. Should last forever. Bill

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  11. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

Danny, I just got done with my PCV adapter. Right after that I discovered that Hot Heads sells a grommet for $7.00. OH well. At least I can say I built my own. There's an aluminum plate on the backside that hold 8 screws that come down from the top. I'll be happy to make these for hemi guys if they don't want to go the simple grommet route. The valve and grommet are both Auto Zone pieces that cost just over $4.00. A photo of the backside is in my album. Bill

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  12. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

That's sick, dude. I love the early Hemis. One of those is going in my roadster if I ever manage to get started on it.

13. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Thanks for your reply's, hey Jeff I heard the same thing about the sagging issue, but I confirmed it. Now I'm putting transmission side mounts aswell.

14. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

kool project,,, how do you like the 3 carbs ??? and whats the cfm ??
    what distributor are you running,it looke like HEI wire ends,, thanks

15. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Hey Fstfish66 as of right now I am currently running a single carb untill I put a few hundred miles on the engine. with the single carb the engine still runs relly good. I drive around town at about 3grand and reve it up around 45 to 5 grand with no problems. I think once the carbs are all on the top end will really wake up. As for the dizzy its from galaxy performance its there hei style dizzy with a small cap. Works fine but I might use the original dizzy and install a petronix in it. Thanks Danny

16. Looking forward to seeing it and hearing it run this weekend!

17. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Hey Kev your still up? Well the same here I can't wait to see your coupe run. I will see you later this week. I off tuesday and wednesday, if you need any help. Call me.

18. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

ok thanks,, never heard of the company that you got your dizzy from,, i have a 241. in a street rod,,currently down with a few motor problems,, but i dont remember mine ever wanting to rev to 5 grand,,and i thought that was a little weird,,, im sure its over cammed,,,motor was done when i got the car,,once i sort it out im highly considering a differnt grind on the cam do you know what your grind is ?? im also considering going to a 2 carb set up, thanks

19. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

I did get the components balanced and I also added a harmonic balancer, the cam is a 3/4 race grind from "Chet Herbert". I did get the block decked and the heads milled to raise the compression a bit, the intake ports got cleaned up. I'm also running sandersen headders to 2" exhaust pipes with no mufflers. sounds good. check out my other post or my youtube video's you could hear it run.

20. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

The PCV system described above works great. Dad runs it in his A w/ the 241 hemi. His has an oil cap breather on the fill tube and has been trouble free for years.

Attached Files:

21. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

danny,,,any chance you have the cam grind specs,and real time compression figures??? kool truck,,thanks

22. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Heres the grind and the specs, with the heads mill and the block decket the compression is 9.1

[​IMG]

here is a picture of it running now and a picture of the intake going on later this month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

thanks for the reply,,im intrested to hear how you like the 3 carb set up when you switch it over,,,and the cfm of the carbs,,

was that a regrind cam ?? or a new fresh cam ?? i didnt think there were any dodge hemi cams to be found.....

did you up the piston compression ??or raise it by decking and milling the heads??? i would think if you took that much material off, that the intake may have to have the bolt holes opened up,,,

i have a fresh 241, but it has a few problems,,and with my stock low comperssion when the previous owner had a cam reground to big,,,he used specs from the mopar purple shaft 426 street hemi grind,,,so i dont know if it can be reground a second time,,,thanks for your replys,,,

24. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

Great thread Love the info on the 241 Hemi........did you use adjustable push-rods? if so was the tube diameter 3/8" and with the 1/4" ends?