Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dynaflow or dynaslow if you will

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped&Dropped, May 7, 2008.

1. Chopped&Dropped

Chopped&Dropped
    from Salt City

I have a 54 Buick and low band went out. I have taken the trans out and apart to find my front pump has worn a groove in the backing plate. Anyone else ever had this prob? This is the second time this has happend to me. Is it ok to machine the plate down and reinstal? I got a quote from a local machine shop to make me a new one and they want 700$. Desparate, looking for help. Will buy a new trans if you have one.:mad:

2. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

I have a 57 Dynaflow that I want to sell. It was behind a 364. I did not drive the car that I removed the engine and trans from, so I can not tell you the condition of the trans. I disassembled the engine and found little wear and the trans exterior is suprisingly clean.
    If you are interested let me know.
    I also have a A/C compressor, a powering steering pump, a four barrel intake and a good set of exhaust manifolds for sale.

Joe in Virginia
    Phone 757-255-2809

3. repoguy

repoguy

Sounds like a good time to consider a 64-66 engine/trany swap.

4. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

5. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Do the trans swap. buy the adapter plate. I thought I was smart and went another direction. Its cost 3 times more and alot of headaches.

Good luck.

6. Fr. Buick

Fr. Buick

The plate is easy to come by NORS on EBay.

I believe a common cause of that is the flex-plate being wobbly or protruding rear-ward too far. The factory service book shows how to measure...

Good luck,

Doug Cook