Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "Dust Bowl Special"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bugsy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Hey Jason, did you get to fit the Plymouth instrument panel in the Special yet and have you sorted the Georgetown running issues? JW:cool::)

2. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

JW...well, I haven't done much to her other than tear it apart! I decided that I'm beyond sick of fighting these 94's and figured it was time for some big changes. I spent a some time on the phone with Jim Brierley a couple of months ago and discussed different cam, head and carb options. That guy is something else and so knowledgeable on the bangers! So...this is what's in the works.....I'm getting one of his hotter cams and BCCHOPIT is fabbing up a dual, carb intake for me. I'll be running two, 97's and then getting a 7:1 head (new, cast Winfield!!) and will be running a lightened flywheel too. The car (when everything was going right) actually ran pretty decent with all that it has but this should really wake it up! I haven't yet put the Plymouth dash in it either as I may do something different with the dash now...I have too many ideas floating around! Also, been slowly working on a top for it and will rework the seat so you sit down in it a bit further. Brakes with Ted's floater kits will happen this spring too. So....lots goin on, not much to look at right now but there will be updates very soon!!!! I just picked up another, T roadster project too (didn't need it but couldn't pass it up), so I have a lot ahead of me this spring and summer. This other one will have a 21 stud 8 in it! They will be quite the pair of T's but unless I get busy, they will be quite the pair of projects instead!

Robert Crosse likes this.
  3. Robert Crosse

Robert Crosse
    from WNY

Excellant....keep the good news flowing!!;)

4. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Cool! Is it headed to the Hill Climb again?

5. That all sounds very cool and I have always liked the look of 21 studders in these cars. All going to plan I will see you and the Special at Georgetown. JW:D

6. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

I just need to keep at it! This time of year and freezing out in the shop, really slows my progress!

Tim, yeah, she has to redeem herself! But...I'm going to have my "new", Flat 8 powered, roadster done by then too. I may have to bring them both!!

JW, the 21 stud will be going into my '22 T roadster and the Dust Bowl will keep the banger. Thought about putting the 21 stud in the Dust Bowl but I think that would kill it's vibe. That's going to be great to meet you in Georgetown!!! You will have a blast! Great people, event and location!!!

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  7. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Id like to see a pic of your '22 T.

8. Same on the 22 T. JW:D

9. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Tim….you've actually seen "my" '22 before….look familiar?? I've wanted to buy one of Pete's builds for over 15 years now, starting with his '30 Chevy coupe. I'm a T roadster freak and just liked something about this one too. Didn't need it but…..It's actually still on a transporter headed this way. We cut the deal a long time ago but between the weather and the shippers, it's taken a while. I think that the "Torr-Nado T" will be a good match to the "Dust Bowl".
    [​IMG]

I have several ideas for it and it will get it's own thread as soon as I can get my dick beaters on it. This is the direction that she's going, though…think immediate, post war dirt tracker…
    [​IMG]

Robert Crosse likes this.
  10. Love the dirt Tracker idea! The Woody Lee roadster is one of my faves! image.jpg

11. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Can't wait to see what you do with the Boston T Bag! It's a fun little car.

12. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I have seen it. I dig it. The transporter can drop at my shop!!

13. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Get your checkbook out Bro, and we can make it happen! ;)

14. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

How much , now my interest is peaked!! Haha

15. That's as cool as a cool thing!! I was thinking it was a pile of bits, look forward to its rebuild/restyle.:cool::cool::D JW

16. -Brent-

-Brent-

Hey @Bugsy, quick question/request for you. Can you snap a pic of the inside of your trunk? I did some searching around the 'net for some pics of how 26/27 on A frames looked (as far as how much of the hump sticks into the trunk space) but found nothing.

I've been spending an hour here and there on different parts and pieces of the car and I'm pretty much ready to just dig in and get it all together over a few day thrash.

Anyway, if you could snap a pic or two, that's be great.

Oh, and I didn't notice, are you running a fuel pump?

Hope all is well with you and yours.

17. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Brent,
    No problem!! I will do that for you tonight! Also, yes...she has a 6v fuel pump. It's mounted on the frame rail, about a foot forward of the tank. I'll shoot a pick of that too.

-Brent- likes this.
  18. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Brent,
    Sorry for the delay in getting these to you!! Here's a couple of shots of the trunk area. As you can see, in it's current configuration, I didn't really care about how much it stuck up!! I'd say at it's peak, maybe 3 inches or so from where the floor would be. The spring and frame are all stock as well....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. -Brent-

-Brent-

Thanks, @Bugsy. I appreciate it.

If you can take a measurement (no rush) of the distance from the spring hump to the cross piece from the T body ahead of it, that'd save me some time getting it situated as far as laying out the hole.

20. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

What a great story with the build. Heres a little something to go with it.
    Orginal old school Mallory rebuild. Insides was pretty rusted up with incorrect advance and spring.....
    Clean up and ran on machine ........will notice the improvement right away!!!

Attached Files:

21. ^that's sweet!

22. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Jim,
    She looks great!!! Thank you for all of the work and I can't wait to run her with the fresh Mallory! I had thought about selling her as I picked up another driver a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like she's staying here! I'm "selling" it to my Dad! So....she's not going anywhere and we are going to get back after it and make some big improvements to her over the winter. Getting the distributor from you is the first step!!
    Thanks again and I can't wait to get it!

sko_ford and -Brent- like this.
  23. rtsidejohnny

rtsidejohnny

Boy howdy Bugsy, glad to hear the DBS is staying in the family!!
    You can't have TOO many cool hot rods! Besides, I wanna hear how the Mallory works too!
    Cheers, Johnny

24. Dah Fish

Dah Fish

This is really neat. I had something pretty close to that when I was 18, but it was a model A roadster missing the driver side door. Not registered so it was confined to the dirt roads behind where I lived.
    Just a comment here about photo bucket. It may save the image just for you to give or sell. But it pretty much guarantees that the rest of the world will forget this car. Who wants a picture of a neat car all covered with a trademark "blanket"? If protecting your memories from the rest of the world is what you want, that's cool.

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Well fish this is a decade old thread. In that era it was very common to use a photo hosting site as most forums didn’t have the capacity to load the photos directly.

I’m surprised the photos aren’t all red X’s at this point. A loooooong time ago they basically ransomed all the accounts with pay us a bunch of cash or all your photos turn into red x’s or maybe we’ll just put a giant ever changing water mark across them.

Carter likes this.
  26. I miss Jason posting his progress on this thread. Last on in 2015.:( JW

Outback likes this.
  27. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

The prodigals are coming home slowly, maybe we'll see him again soon???

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  28. NoSurf

NoSurf

Oldie and a goodie.

sko_ford and cactus1 like this.
  29. We are all oldier and goodier…