Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "Dust Bowl Special"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Bugsy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Thanks for the info Tim- I'm gonna look for that link. I think I might have seen something about that in a print mag in the last year or so (R&C?); there were lots of cool speedsters and such in the article. Think I know where there's a model A frame, hmmm.....

2. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

HAHAHA!!! Glad you liked it and hope you got some rest after going through all of it! I usually read the first page a couple in the middle and the last!! :D

There is just something about the pre-war days that seems to speak to some guys. I love that period in our history for many reasons and these cars being one. Yes....it's time for a gathering of the gows...or two!!

THANK YOU!! It's been pretty fun and not too expensive....and she looks it too! Someday maybe, I will clean her up a bit but then again...maybe not!

Tim...thanks for the heads up on this....I NEED to go see this sometime!! Roadtrip!!!!:D

3. olskool34

olskool34

Awesome! My buddy Aaron "rogi" on here is throwing a T speedster together and we have another friend who is starting to sway towards a 20's era T build. We already have the frame for him. We have to make a national get together of the gows. I want to meet you all and see our cars together. Imagine what that picture would look like!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. I am an active follower of the thread now!

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It's either in this thread or the hamb BBQ thread. I posted a you tube video of it.

Lots of driving events

6. LostHope

LostHope

Jason wheres the updated pics with the new parts installed? or you still out in the garage putting them on?

7. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Man...we had a foot of snow the other day and the high temps haven't been over about 15 degrees with lows in the negatives. My little shop is drafy and has no heat. I'm only out there for short bits of time and can't make a lot of headway!! Also, Other than collecting some parts up, the roadster has taken a back burner to another project that i just scored!!! More to come on that soon!!

8. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The cold doe's hamper ones want to. I love this build keep on working at it when you can. Warmer days are coming.

9. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Thanks, Pete. Yeah...I've been "going to" just about every evening this week but by the time I get home and think about putting the insulated coveralls back on and look out the back window at the snow covered shop, ....the house seems a little warmer! I'll get back on it soon though as I have a ton that I want to get done to it and add more and more each day! :D

10. olskool34

olskool34

C'mon Bugs what is the new project? I am patiently waiting..............

11. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Ok....here she is...The Red Ryder!! It's my new shop truck/hauler for the Dust Bowl!! really wanted a pre-war truck but couldn't pass this deal up....

Thread I just started on her....

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=862461

[​IMG]

12. olskool34

olskool34

I just checked out the thread. Perfect hauler for the T!

13. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

14. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

So since I got the F1 and have been working on it, the Dust Bowl got moved into another garage and my list of things to do to it keeps growing. I have scored some great parts lately that are waiting to go on and in it and the pile just got bigger!! I've been thinking off and on for a while about what to do with the dash in the roadster. I'm kind of a dash and gauge geek and LOVE vintage dashes of all years. I wanted to keep it very simple but do something more than just sink a couple of gauge in so I just scored this!! 1933 Plymouth!!

[​IMG]

15. Nice score!

16. olskool34

olskool34

Yeah that will look pefect in there! Jealous.

17. T__N__A

T__N__A

Sent from my SGH-M919 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. Nice choose for your dash. JW
    [​IMG]

19. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

HA!! Thanks, Bro! GWhite is the guy to be jealous of....that dude hound dogs out all the cool parts!!! I'm just glad that I'm buddies with him and he's generous!! This dash was a flea-bay find. Didn't sell at first and the guy took my low-ball offer!! Sometimes I get lucky!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Holy cow!!! Are you kidding me??!! That is too cool!!! Now I can see what it'll look like!! That is great!!!! :D

20. Any updates?

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Think he's probably spending most of his time on his new pickup instead of this little gow job.

22. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Wish I had something new to report on the DBS but sadly, she's been sitting in the garage and I haven't touched her since October. I busted ass on the F1 and it's almost ready to roll and then I got swamped with life and haven't touched it for a few weeks either. I need to get with it as I have a ton to do to both but like everyone, I have a million other things going on and projects of all flavors. I'm a bit A.D.D. too sometimes.....I have to REALLY focus hard to get things done. Now that Jay (NoSurf) moved...it's even harder for me. He's the one that would dial me back in and keep me focused enough to finish one thing before moving to the next!!!

I have to get some things done though as the BBQ is coming and as of now, have nothing to bring!!!

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Shit man! Get on it! You can't be Rollin a late model! I vote work on the truck. That way you can drive it and tow the DBS!

24. NoSurf

NoSurf

Focus Grasshopper!

25. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Tim, That's the ultimate plan but that probably won't happen until the KKOA this summer or maybe the drags. Right now, I'll probably have to just trailer the DBS over and bomb it around that little dirt oval at the park!:D

I have much to learn before I snatch the pebble from your hand, Master Po...:D

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Do what I do, aim for the BBQ and just barely make KKOA lol. Hopefully not this year! Been putting 2-7 hours a day before and after work in on the car trying to get it to a certain point for the BBQ. You can do it man!

27. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

So, it's been a long while since I've done anything with the roadster. Like everyone, life has got in the way for several months but with the Hot Rod Hill Climb coming up, I figured I'd better get my ass in gear. I've been bummed for a year that we didn't make it out last year so I'm motivated to make a run or two up that mountain this year! True to form, I'm procrastinating to the last minute but I finally got the roadster back to the house and got it tore down in preparation for the work to come.
    [​IMG]

I've needed to adapt the Model A, water neck to work with that one the Whippet radiator and I finally did that. A simple cutting and welding with the right rod and I got this little beauty ready to go. Nothing fancy but it lines up now with the outlet on the radiator and has the same size pipe.
    [​IMG]

The old, cast, Winfield head that I've had, needed more cracks repaired. It had several repairs on it when I got it and I had to do some more. She came off of an old, dirt track car and has seen a lot of action. She's not pretty but the 6:1 compression should help a bit. Some clean up and a quick coat of paint and it's ready to go.
    [​IMG]

I have a handful of other items to address but am waiting on some parts to arrive. I'm really excited about getting the chance to go to Georgetown this year. I only wish that I could get to the Race of Gentlemen with her someday too….maybe next year!!

T__N__A, BCCHOPIT and MrModelT like this.
  28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Looking good, Jason!

29. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

30. Great to see ya back on it Bugsy, really dig your car.JW