Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dupli.color paint??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldBlueOval, Sep 3, 2011.

1. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

The dollar store in town has a shelf of dupli.color prism multi-color clear quarts for a dollar #bsp302prism multi-color clear. Is it worth getting some to use on project? might wook good on a bike or wagon? not shure if you could spray it on a finished car? Has any one used this stuff? Thanks Joe

2. greazy john

greazy john

how can it be multi-color and clear at the same time ???????

GREAZY HUBCAPZ CC EAST TN

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Do those things have an expiration date? Gary

4. the shadow

the shadow

i painte my replica race car with all duplicolor ready to spray primer paint & clear from pep boys. worked out great just have to color sand between coats. I wish it was a $1 a can when I did it a few yaers ago!LOL
    Paul

Attached Files:

5. Shit for a buck how can ya loose. Paint some helmets, your kids wagon, the dog, its a buck man!!

6. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

which store chain ? we have a couple of them here in Mass

7. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

I got one can to check it out it's a clear with a metal flake in it ready to spray

8. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Yankee dollar

9. Lild

Lild

I helped a co-worker paint a Falcon with Duplicolor. Dark blue with metal flake clear. Never had seen that before but it tuned out alright used as a mid clear. It was hard to get it to lay wet so we shot a urethane clear over it

10. I've used it on a lot of small parts. I refinished a vintage heater and a '30s radio (the kind with a control head on the steering column with cables running down to a box on the firewall) using a medium metallic gray from a Duplicolor spray touch-up can. I think it was an '80s GM color. Turned out well.

11. nali

nali

Duplicolor and Krylon are my favorite spray paints for cars and outboard parts , and for the other hobbies .
    For the price , you can t be wrong .

12. Deuces

Deuces

I use those paints on model cars....

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dupli-color/Motip are ok paints, the glossy single stage its hard as fuck, and even the satin ones are right, i did paint the inside of the doors, and even the driver one w/ my arm on it all the time held ok for more than a year.
    I wanna try the silver flake clear too, but its far from a buck, here its like 4 bucks for one of the small 250cc cans.

14. Tripple G

Tripple G

Have always used their touch up paint for nicks & chips, their ceramic paint for engine blocks & brake calipers, etc. Seems to hold up fairly well in those applications, but none of it is cheap and never on sale at the local parts stores.

15. I used Duplicolor metalflake out of a rattle can. Crap stuff.
    Their flake looks like coarse metallic, not too impressive.
    I did 2 brand new steel wheels in prime, right out of the box and 6 more used wheels that I chemically stripped, sanded, metal etched primed and had perfectly prepared.

I let the wheels sit for 9 months before I ran them down the road.

The Duplicolor will NOT stick!

I took a piece of blue masking tape, stuck it on the paint and it pulls the new paint right off.
    Wash it with a hose and I'm showered with red metalflake chunks flying back at me.

That paint is crap!

16. I've had the opposite expierience from 2many.
    I've used Dupli color on a few projects with great results. I REALLY like their self etch primer in a can.
    BUT!! 2many says he used the paint on wheels, I've never used their top coat on anything exposed yet. Interior trim pieces, heater boxes and the like is what I've used their paints on.

17. Joe, stay away from my paint store! How am I going to get this coupe painted with you raiding my stock:D