Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Dumpster diving at an old ford dealership. What do I have?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadfever, Jun 14, 2015.

1. mike bowling

mike bowling

Unreal! and just in time for Father's Day!!----I got this little jem in a bucket of rusty tools a guy gave me- look familiar??

Attached Files:

2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Now to find some hot patches and you can really fix holes in your tubes! ;)

Edit: Or should I say............you can vulcanize them! It has been a long time since I have done that.

3. A buddy came up and I told him if he could tell what it was for it was his. He guessed right!

4. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

I don't want to hijack this thread, but it has reminded me of a big box of parts in the attic of my shop that I need to look at again and try to identify.
    About 1973 the local Ford dealer built a new building and was moving in to it. A good buddy of mine was working there at the time and asked about all the flathead parts they had in the attic there. I think they told him a hundred bucks would buy it all. So we each put in 50 bucks.... a lot of money for a kid just out of high school making 3 bucks an hour. We got mostly cylinder heads and pistons for 49 - 53 engines, a few sets of rods and that box of odd parts that they threw in to get rid of them. Must have been 50 heads mostly in boxes and probably 15 sets of pistons. They all went in my dad's Quonset hut shed except the box of odd parts. I don't know where it was anymore, but it wasn't in the hut when the neighbor kids burned it down while playing Rambo. I do know that it is now in the attic of my shop which was built in 81. Anyway, the engine parts all got dozed in a hole and buried along with the metal skin of the building, so they are gone, but I still have the box of odd parts.

I don't remember much about the contents of the box, but I think there were several window regulators with Mercury tags on them and a bunch of engine fans. Now I gotta go look.