Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dump find!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boyd Who, Apr 26, 2010.

1. The Willys-Overland company produced both brands and could have very well used the some of the same components on both cars. The curved dash sure looks the same on both bodies.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010

2. WOW, that's a unique body style!!! Not to be sacreligous, but if you cut about 18 to 24 inches out of the body, you'd have an incredible modified

3. fanspete

fanspete

I heard of a guy who got fired for snagging 2 12 packs of beer from the dump.

(Yeah, must've hurt like hell when he passed 'em) hardy, har, har!

4. Didn't Norm Grabowski build a Henway? :D

5. From Justacarguy.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ever heard of Norm's Henway? I just found it in the late 70's Hot Rod

[​IMG] I can't find where I pulled the above image from, Brandon Flannery took the photo, and says the image was probably from the HAMB / JalopyJournal

[​IMG] It's not like Gray wrote, (click on the image for a very large readable size) this wasn't a restoration, the Henway is a creation. A play on the old joke, what's a Henway... about 3 pounds.

The rest of these images are from the Jalopy Journal and obviously not the same vehicle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Kinda what I thought. Pretty cool find regardless! I'm not sure what I'll do with the parts, they may head to a swap meet with me next month. If it doesn't sell there I may hang on to it for a modified or speedster project.

7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

dAAAAAAAAAng. that's cool. to think someone was just tossing that??

lucky dog!

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great thread! You guys know you would never get this question answered this quickly on an "Antique" website. The power of the HAMB!

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yup-crAzy amounts of knowledge flowing on this site.

10. saw the truck in CA

11. Some of the "orphan" makes were more assemblers than manufacturers. For instance the same Continental and Lycoming engines were used by many different makes. It's very possible that some of them outsourced bodies and that the same or similar body may have been used on more than one make. In any case, it's amazing what's still out there, good catch, glad you got it before the bulldozer did.

12. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Might buff out.

13. Hemi-roid

Hemi-roid
    from Cary, IL

The Henway is an original. I got a photo of me with Norm next to it in July of 2006. The wood work and rivets are unbelievable. Pictures don't do it justice. Behind me is a giant pirate/treasure chest trailer with exquisite wood work. Norm is a fun guy to hang out with!

[​IMG]