Register now to get rid of these ads!

dumbarse kids in co. springs crash racing last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ray, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ray

ray
    from colorado

front page local section of todays paper shows a pic and story of some stupid ass kids that crashed racing last night. this has been a big problem around here with the imports and stuff, but these were teens in OLD CARS! pictured was a 55 chevy primer grey 4 door that lost control and crashed into a power pole, knocking out power to a neighborhood of 300 people, and the three teen passengers taken to the hospital, the other car was a mercury comet, that also lost control and spun out. no names listed or anything...this was the day after it snowed here, so the roads were wet and icy in spots. says they were doing 65 in a 35 zone, at 7:00 in the middle of town. if any of you colorado hambers know the drivers give them a good smack upside the head.

2. Machinos

Machinos

Ugh, those poor cars [​IMG]

3. zgears

zgears

crazy kids nowdays, with there hoped up gowjobs, blasting that damn phonograph at there all night ether frolics.

4. Muttley

Muttley

[ QUOTE ]
    Pictured was a 55 chevy primer grey 4 door that lost control and crashed into a power pole.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it wasnt a 2 door. [​IMG]

5. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

this stuff pisses me off... because the fags that run the city in my neck wont allow a racetrack to be put in because of noise,

they proposed putting it in where an old airstrip shut down. WHY NOT? Politics and the majoirty of the kids racing cars want nothing to do with politics- thus NO TRACK. Kids KILLED and cars destroyed.

there is no place to go race anymore... they shut all the tracks down unless you wana drive 2 hrs???

Tuck

6. IntrstlarOvrdrve

IntrstlarOvrdrve

Hey, I'm a crazy kid with a 55 chevy 4 door. I hate that things like this happen, but I suppose they shouldnt have been street racing, another reason why my insurance rates are so high.

7. 133

my sister has a '55 4-door. no offense but whether it's a 4-door or not, the fact is that a dumbass kid wrecked a '55 Chevy. i don't mean to preach or nothing but i just think kids shouldn't be given classic cars to drive.

8. IntrstlarOvrdrve

IntrstlarOvrdrve

given? I had to work my ass off for my chevy and my desoto, I only WISH they had been given to me. I do everything to them myself, and pay for every bit of it myself. I do it because I love them, God knows that they arent cool at my school. I mess it up, I have to fix it myself, pay for it myself, and keep my parents convinced that I should keep it. I would much rather have these than a civic.

9. Machinos

Machinos

[ QUOTE ]
    my sister has a '55 4-door. no offense but whether it's a 4-door or not, the fact is that a dumbass kid wrecked a '55 Chevy. i don't mean to preach or nothing but i just think kids shouldn't be given classic cars to drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people here are 21 or less and have classic cars, we're just not stupid street racers who don't know what they're doing.

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

im 21 and havnt driven anythng newer then 72 for the last 4 years, and the empty cuboards and stomachs show that that 50 out front werent no gift.

that said stupid punks giving every one with a non stock car a bad name

yup
    tim

11. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

My first car was a 55 Chevy more door...did alot of stupid shit in that car...never crashed into a power pole with it though...Everybody's been talking about getting young peolpe interested in old cars and "saving" the old car hobby for years now...it'd be pretty hard to get 'em interested if you tell kids "you can't drive that old car cuz you're not old enough"...pretty dumb of them for doing what they were doing where they were doing it...i just hope that the govt. in Colorado doesn't decide to crack down on old cars cuz of this...sounds like "Let's make an example" shit handed to 'em on a plate....

12. zgears

zgears

[ QUOTE ]
    im 21 and havnt driven anythng newer then 72 for the last 4 years, and the empty cuboards and stomachs show that that 50 out front werent no gift.

[/ QUOTE ] amen to that, i think ive eaten a coulple of palets of ramen since i started my car.

13. I'm 21 going on 22...first car was a '39 Chevy, never wrecked it, driving a '66 Olds, never wrecked, although some jackass did manage to scrape up part of my rear quarter in a parking garage while I was at work...

Maybe what you shoulda said is dumbasses shouldn't have classics...hell, a long time ago a picture on these boards was circulating around...some old goldchainer in a '38 Chevy decided he could get past a dumptruck on the highway in time...needless to say it was flattened.

Just goes to show it ain't the age of the brain its the amount of cells in it.

14. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

You summed it up right there Hillbilly...it's nice to hear from some other young guys on here too! (I'm 28, and still consider myself a "kid")

15. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

the thing is, if they were driving ricers they would have DIED...!!

at least they're still alive because of old American steel..!!
    Rulers....

you guys talk like you've never rallied the streets in your life...

fucking hypocrites...

16. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

[ QUOTE ]
    the thing is, if they were driving ricers they would have DIED...!!

at least they're still alive because of old American steel..!!
    Rulers....

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

17. Radshit

Radshit

Sounds like good old fashioned car fun..........I'm lucky I can talk shit...I had a few close calls.....

18. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I think it's safe to say most of us have exceeded the posted speed limits or the limits of tire adheasion on the streets at one time or another. Hell, I pretty much put myself thru highschool street racing and I've lost some friends along the way. Let's just hope they learned something from this.

19. Zeke

Zeke

The kids in the ricer that rolled on I 70 here in Denver weren't so lucky.

Alejandro Melendez, 17, was driving a Mitsubishi Eclipse in that incident and died when the Mitsubishi went out of control, spun off the highway and rolled, police said.

In the accident, Melendez was thrown into the lanes for southbound traffic and a pickup truck ran over him, authorities said. He died at the scene. The other passengers are critical

20. ray

ray
    from colorado

i've had a lot more fun behind the wheel than those teens ever have, but i have the sense to take it out of fucking town, and always have had the sense to.

there already has been big articles in the last year both in the local paper, and the local independant paper about street racing in this town. yes, it might be getting to the point the police take real action here. hell, last summer they lowered the non posted speed limit in town from 30 to 25 mph!...unless otherwise marked, and 10$ per mile over fine...

21. CadillacKid

CadillacKid

I always thought that it was kinda funny how towns lower the speed linit, but everyone stays the same speed as before...kind of like fixing a cough with a band-aid...that's what i meant before too...at least have the common sense to get outta town and drag where nobody's around....lord knows how many "Paradise Roads" there are in this great land of ours...

22. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

In San Diego they have really been cracking down on street racers. If caught, the confinscate your car, and DON'T give it back. If you are even caought watching one, you get a ticket/arrested depending on the cops mood. It seems to have helped a little, and they also have a 1/8 mile drag racing at night event for fairly cheap.

23. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think Im with the rest of you youngsters....

I became the second owner of a 56 buick when I was 16. And yeah Ive done some dumb shit, but Ive always been at least a little level headed about doing that dumb shit(if that makes sense) and I have never wrecked the car, or even gotten a ticket... Ive raced a bunch, but I know when its too much, or not a good idea at all....
    And Id bet that buick that 99% of us hambers have raced off of a track at least once... Kids will be kids, but some of us are a little wiser than others... And I hope those kids learned al lesson from it...
    Hell, I know fellas in thier 60's that still race...

And yeah I wish I woulda had my cars given to me, BUT that aint the case. 56 buick, 54 chevy, and a couple 30's projects All earned the hard way.

24. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I had factory big inch Big Block 69 SS Nova in the late 60's and early 70's. I did a LOT of street racing (for money). We never had problems because we went out of town.....late at night to a "safe place". I know 120 -130 MPH on the street IS NOT safe........but nothing ever happened.

Things change.....but there were squirrels back then and there are squirrels now. The squirrels DIE [​IMG]

25. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this argument, but all I have to say is that I have owened LOTS of cars (say 15+) since I was 16, (I'm 29 in May) and many of them were either only a few years younger than me, or 10-30 years OLDER than me.

There is a lot to be said about who's behind the wheel. If it's a punk kid who had his classic "given" to him that doesn't... (in other words - knows nothing about cars and thought an old car was cool) understand the power/ driveability problems older cars had (I.E. drum brakes and inadequate suspension coupled with 300+ horsepower) then I don't feel bad for them. Old cars are all about research, and common sense. But please don't lump us guys who are under 30 into a category of "...those kids don't appreciate those cars"...because some of us do.

Damn, the car I'm working on now (the '51 Mercury) is only 6 years older than my father! From the oil change stickers that remain in the door sill, this car had the last few of it's oil changes done 5 years before I was even born! It was last on the road, and registered, in 1982. That puts me at 7 years old.

It's "kids" like us that are keeping the dream alive! Don't look at the morons who kill themselves or hurt others in "old cars" as representative of us as our whole age group. Okay, I'll step down now. [​IMG]

26. Radshit

Radshit

Ah..Mercman1951...don't get so defensive.....

didn't you read what Deuce Roadster had to say?

[ QUOTE ]
    there were squirrels back then and there are squirrels now. The squirrels DIE

[/ QUOTE ]

that's funny...by the way

There were idiots amongst us when we were growing up......and now there are idiots making your generation look bad.....

...but the difference now a days is...it gets the attention of every Liberal Band Wagoneer west of the Atlantic......

so a bunch of regulations and laws go into effect....and the fun is over....

27. Muttley

Muttley

WTF do these people expect? There is not a damn thing to do in most towns, all the strips are gone, all the drive in's are gone. There is nothing cool left to do, asshole's have legislated everything worthwhile out of existence. About 10 years ago there was a local guy who wanted to build a strip, he was going to donate the land and materials and the local Government said no! [​IMG] No wonder there is so much street racing, there's nowere else to do it. [​IMG]

28. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Alright guys, I have to admit it... I'm a street racer. Have been since my 16th birthday, probly will be til I die. Granted , Even a dumb street racer like myself knows that there is a time and a place for serious street racing (I'll race stop light to stop light any time, But that doesn't so much count! [​IMG]).
    Here in Flint we used to Race on James P Cole, which is a 4 lane, divided street in the industrial area. Only thing you've got to watch for is a dumb assed drunk stepping out in front of you! The cops shut that down in a MAJOR way, so now the only place to run is a well lit STRAIGHT stretch of 475 (with 1/4 mi conveniently marked off!) and the cops have even been watching THAT lately.
    It sucks. I don't know why they have so much concern for 475. It's a LATE night thing, There's NO traffic, There's a 10+ ft brick wall on the right, a 4 ft high concrete Median on the left, and NO entrance/exit ramps within about 2 mles either way. There's even a fenced in overpass at about the 330' mark for spectators! It's the PERFECT street racing drag strip, and if anyone crashes, they won't hurt anyone but themselves!!!

BTW: How do not 1, but TWO cars lose control at 65 mph????? [​IMG]My car REGULARLY sees 130, and seems to do ok. Even if you hit a "patch" of ice, If you're going straight, and not yankin all over the wheel, shouldn't you CONTINUE to go straight? [​IMG]

29. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

i bet the coppers will be cracking down around here in ohio too. last weekend, some dumb shits, one in a newer cavalier, the other in an 02 monte carlo, were dragging IN BROAD DAYLIGHT and BLEW A STOP SIGN. the cavalier t-boned a dodge neon, and the monte then hit both cars. the two 19 yr old girls in the neon were turned to jelly, so i hear. never knew what hit em. i guess i've always been fortunate that i insist on crawling before i walk, so that i hopefully fuck up less than the average bear. i doubt i'll ever seriously street race because of that though, i couldn't bear hurting somebody, and even if i found a paradise road, something could always happen. and rumor has it that in ohio, dragging is a felony! maybe i oughta thank my lucky stars that national trails drag strip is less than an hour away. be careful fellas, keep your eyes on the road and both feet on the wheel!

30. 133

i guess i should take back my previous post. to be honest, when i said young people i meant high schoolers. but i'm sorry for making that statement.

anyway i just got back from the Hot Import Nights car show in LA and i must say that ricers are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet. for one, they were speeding and peeling out in the parking structure. yeah, they're cool and impressed me. enough about that, i'm going to bed.