Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumb question, but why pre-65?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by bruceg, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Edell

M.Edell

So where does that leave all of the Super Stock Drag Cars? Which by the way were the absolute biggest draw in Drag racing in the 60's.

2. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

How many of 'em lined up in dealer stock?

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Well only the bear minimum of 100 needed to be built in order to qualify for S/S Drag Racing...But I just wanted to make sure those werent being lumped into the "Muscle Car" Batch of Brand X Chevelles,Camaros,Novas,Mustangs, etc etc...

4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Because it's the year I graduated from High School......:p

5. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

cause we dont like the Camaro, Firebird,Chevelle, ect. muscle car, mullet wearing, sister screwing, coors drinking interbreds around here!!!!!!

6. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Traditional guys, "BUILDING" traditional hot rods. Not buying hot rods. Cutoff in my opinion should be pre-64.

7. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Mandated since 1964.They came as an option in 1963,but not mandatory.

8. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Shit, I screwed your sister one time and you never got over it. LOL

9. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

10. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Dammit, that made Diet Coke come out my nose!

And nothin' beats a refreshing tall boy of Coors Original when you need beer and can only muster up $1.37. :p

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Better check that again... my '65 Rambler did not come with seat belts. never had to have them.

12. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Ryan is the man that started the H.A.M.B. so what ever rules he wants to make is fine with me .

Now pass the popcorn & beer , it's going to be a long night !

13. M.Edell

M.Edell

Basically its for "Traditional Built Rods and Kustoms" There are tons of Muscle Car boards out there for the catalog rodders to hang out on and talk about their 20" Bling Wheels.

14. PRoz

PRoz

Why is it the "newbs" always come and ask the same stuff?

Why is....
    How much....

and I just made some popcorn. The traditional way, in a pot with oil and corn kernels.:)

15. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Come to California,instant ticket

16. S.F.

S.F.

they made cars after 1964?

17. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Actually,my '63 Cadillac can be locked without using the key.All I have to do is push the lock down,hold the handle button in and close the door,and viola,it's locked.

18. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Where do you think Ford got the idea :D... Needless to say, my Galaxie is never locked (and I thought it was just broken, LOL! I spent like 3 hours trying to "fix" it before my friends dad broke the news to me...).

Ford: Making the biggest shitbag locks for over 50 years! We build 'em to suck, and we ain't stoppin' til theres a lawsuit!

19. kustomkat

kustomkat

The best answer yet.....

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

no thanks... I'd rather stay in North Carolina. But if you're gonna spout off facts get them right. "By 1964, Most U.S. automobiles were sold with standard front seat belts; rear seat belts were made standard in 1968."
    And that includes California. A car that did not come with them is not required to have them.

21. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

I think it's because www.pre66.com is already taken... :rolleyes:
    (sorry, just spamming my shit a bit before this one gets locked, moved or vaporized into cyberspace)

:D

22. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Actually it's because cars with curved side glass look stupid with wide whites, and the way the air flow is inside the cabin of anything with them messes up a Pompadour.

23. it is what it is!
    [​IMG]

24. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No real cutoff. If there was why was there a 1969 drag racing post on the Jalopy Journal, by Ryan, last week? Wake up and read.

25. The Pony Car era actually started in the '50s with the Lowes Coupe. Pony cars were built to compete with the European Sports car market. The Corvair was actually considered to be a pony car.

Sorry to cause any consternation I did a major essay on Pony cars when I was still in school. Lots of research and kickin' a few old cows.

'64 is just a good cutoff date. Maybe it could have been '63 and a half or first mont of '65.

26. Larry T

Larry T

So, why are they called Pony Cars? I thought the name was based on the Mustang.
    As far as the 64 cutoff, Ryan didn't come up with the date out of thin air, it's a pretty standard cutoff date that has been used by lots of organizations.
    Larry T

27. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Shit !!! I wondered how she ended up with that waterheaded, tatertot eating kidlet!!!!:eek::D

28. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

HELLO!!!!! It has something to do with dryer sheets.
    Come on get right....:D

29. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

you might be wrong on the parking/headlight thing.....Chevy trucks parking lights turn off when headlights are on thru 66
    but I would agree on the consensus of the muscle car year been 65-6 the start of a new era.....

30. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Hooligan63 [​IMG]
    Come to California,instant ticket
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have 2 tickets for no seat belts, both from different states. Got em' in a 62 Nova, pulled the carpet back and showed the kind officers that there are no holes for the bolts for seat belts. Got basically the same answer from both kind officers - "the law states you are to where a seatbelt". So you can argue with the nice officer all day on mandates and what year the cutoff was and you could even change the subject of the thread and start talking about your nonstock dual exhaust that is louder than it should be. Bottum line is, if the kind officer wants to give you a ticket a ticket you will get.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.