Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods duel carb tuning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, Feb 22, 2016.

1. HELLMET

HELLMET

finally got my motor fired up for my roadster. it has a weiand two pot manifold two chandler grove 94s not sure on jetting what would be the good set up. still running a little rich. any thoughts thanks . billy I got video of it running but got to figure how to post it.

2. clem

clem

Motor type?
    flathead ford v8 usually 51 jets, between 49 and 51, is what I have read on this forum.
    do a search on holley 94, a lot of info

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. haychrishay

haychrishay

What power valves are you running? Are you running progressive linkage? Charlie at vintage speed in Florida set mine up and he is sharp. Another thing to consider; do you have the air cleaners in it. I had hellings and snellings on my 40 originally and the type of Element was acting like a choke, so I put some different air cleaners on and toke care of it. As was stated above the 51 jets for Holley 94s should get you close.

5. HELLMET

HELLMET

46-48 59a potvin 3/4 cam 51 jets 4.5 power valves

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. oj

oj

'Running a little rich' do you mean in the shop or on the highway? Can you check manifold vacuum, that will tell what the PV rating should be. Is idle functioning in both carbs or just one? Linkage at 1:1 on the carbs, no progressive, right? Choke fully open and out of the equation?

7. HELLMET

HELLMET

On the stand will check the vacuum and both carbs hooked together at same time

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. need to get a unisyn to get em both together at the same time. how are you adjusting idle? start at 1 1/2 turns out and adjust in till she starts running rough then back out 1/2 turn and you are set do on all 4 idle screws.......