Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dry Lakes Racers Australia - 2004 Speed Trials

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greg Wapling, Apr 14, 2004.

1. G'Day,
    Thought some of you guys may be interested in seeing how it's done Down Under "on the best salt in the world" (not my quote).
    Lot's of photo's with some reports on the event soon.

2004 Speed Trials

Enjoy [​IMG]

2. 55olds88

55olds88

sweet link, some dudes running some cool stuff there, ol Honda CBx's cool.....

3. ABone312

ABone312

Cool shots. Looks like a few records were broken. Seeing salt flat shots makes me wish I could afford to go back to Bonneville this year.

4. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Hey, Greg, this is the first time that I've seen you on here. (We've been hot rod E-mail buddies since around early 1997.)

I'm surprised that you didn't choose a handle that's more like the HAMBish - maybe something like Tattoo Roo.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

5. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey,
    I'm surprised that you didn't choose a handle that's more like the HAMBish - maybe something like Tattoo Roo.

[/ QUOTE ]
    hey dave we're just dumb aussies, not smart enuf to think up a clever handle [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

I see your point.

What a shame that the only one of you sad folk that ever amounted to anything was that Paul Hogan guy.

- LORDZ OF INZULTZ

7. autocol

autocol

and steve erkel... i mean IRWIN!

and his son bob, i s'pose. nice shots greg.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Greg, thanks for the link. I love looking at salt flat photos. I noticed my good buddy Mike Davidson broke a couple of class records. Congrats to him!

9. G'Day Dave,
    H'mmmm, how about; Dunny Rat? Hot Rod Drongo? Bushranger? Stubbies and White Walls? Flamin Yabby? Wombat?

As a kid I was always called "The Whale" (which would become obvious if you saw a photo of me; 6'3", 280lb). There are still a lot of my mates that 20 years later who have only every known me as the whale, makes for very funny introductions.

I try to drop by and catch up with what happening on the HAMB about once a week. Always good for a laugh and always something new or cool. But as they say in the classics "so many posts and so little time". And besides this place is very adictive.

Amazing how Roadsters has grown too. Still the best Hot Rod site around. Does this make us the elder cyber statesman of internet rodding?

Still spending a lot of time getting rodding related businesses online and working on the Australian Street Rod Federation and Dry Lakes Racers Australia sites as well as trying to build up the Hot Rod Internet site. Gotta show you Yanks that Roddin' is alive and well in Oz.