Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dry ice blasting?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevy Gasser, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

A night or two ago on American Restoration the guys get something stripped by dry ice blasting. A search on the web brings it up but mostly for industrial, food, and fire restoration. I know about soda blasting. Is this the latest hot er cool setup? I'm sure you wouldn't warp the panel from heat. All there is left is the paint residue, the dry ice evaporates.

2. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I think they took it to Mutt & Jeff's in Las Vegas.

3. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

We use it at work all the time to clean our coffee roasters, works like a champ. I think it would be real expensive for a DIY though. You need alot of cfm from the air comp. and the dry ice pellets arn't cheap either. I can say this, with the right air pressure and nozzle combination, you can remove finger nail polish off your finger, or remove the whole finger from your hand!

4. they use it to remove mold in homes all the time and seems like a really slick way to remove paint.

5. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

They love it in "kaliforina" It cuts down the hazzardous waste to only the paint that is removed. The saveings in waste desposal makes it worth while.

And it doesn't piss off the trees!