Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driving a Hot Rod on "Reality" TV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 18, 2011.

1. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

I cant wait for vinsetta garage to open. I live right around the block from it.

2. It's the re-branded "Discovery HD Theater" ... just click the logo to view their website:

Velocity logo.JPG

3. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Hope the show improves with age! So far it's pretty lame most the time! Not a Courtney Hansen fan either.

4. 1971BB427 -

I have to agree with all three of your statements.

I've watched (or fast forwarded through) the first 11 episodes ... While I found a few of them somewhat interesting, most had very little content for a "Traditional Hot Rod & Custom" aficionado like myself.

I wasn't surprised though ... after-all, the program is called "AUTOWEEK's Vinsetta Garage" (not "TRJ's Vinsetta Garage") ... and therefore is targeting the broader "Automotive Consumer-Enthusiast" audience (vice the relatively small niche group of "Rod & Custom" fans).

That all stated, the next two episodes do look a bit more promising ...

EPISODE 12: CUSTOMIZATION

Tuesday, March 20 8:30 PM EST/PST (7:30 PM CT)

[​IMG]

Jay (Jive-Bomber) Ward, keeper of the Cars movie franchise for Pixar Studios, takes
    Courtney Hansen for a ride in his Cadillac
    -powered hot rod as they talk about the art
    of customization and how it has influenced his life and his work at the U.S. animation
    studio. We also visit a trade school that teaches students to be custom-car builders.
    And we see some of the most memorable customized cars of all time—cars that
    were made for the movies—at the "Memory Lane Museum" just outside of Chicago.

EPISODE 13: MUSIC

Tuesday, March 27 8:30 PM EST/PST (7:30 PM CT)

[​IMG]

For those about to drive, we salute you with this special music edition of the show,
    featuring the passion and car knowledge of Brian Johnson, lead singer of rock group
    AC/DC. Courtney Hansen and Johnson get behind the wheel and talk about how
    music and the automobile go hand in hand. We catch up with Curt Catallo, owner of
    the original “Little Deuce Coupe” that inspired the Beach Boys’ classic hit. And we
    visit a singing cab driver in Chicago and a composer who makes music using car parts.

5. Here's the teaser for "EPISODE 12: CUSTOMIZATION":

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  6. Deuces

Deuces

Sorry guys!... I don't do reality tv... Where's a "puke" smiley when you need one???... :rolleyes:

7. Just a bump to remind folks to watch the HAMB's own Jay (Jive-Bomber) Ward in episode 12 of "AUTOWEEK's VINSETTA GARAGE" - TONIGHT (Tuesday, March 20) @ 8:30 PM EST/PST, 7:30 PM CT on the Velocity Channel.

8. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Not a bad "popcorn" episode.
    It touched on a few things that I don't like and a few that I do.
    I laughted to myself when Jive was pretending to Drive. ;-)

9. gsport

gsport

missed it by one day...

10. gsport

gsport

Well I just saw it. Congrats ... I liked how you actually turned the wheel when going around a corner...

11. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Not if you would be in it. LMFAO

12. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

OH man what a blast. Your 15 minutes of fame.Enjoy it now ,like John Force told me ( I am on top now and I am enjoying every minute ).