Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driveshafts in CT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deyomatic, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I did a search and a thread from 2005 recommended Connecticut Driveshaft. The weblink says page can't be displayed. A search on Yahoo shows a place with the same name in Woburn, MA. Does anyone know if this place is still around? If not, any recommendations on a place that can build or shorten the one I have and balance it?

Thanks.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Levine Automotive does, but I don't know if they are close to you.

3. 37 BILL

37 BILL
    from Bristol CT

The company is now fleetpride near the motor vehicle station in Waterbury....they have done all our shafts ....including the thick one for the Stude race car.....

4. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Kid, it looks like that's in Danbury...might be a bit too far. Waterbury is much closer. Thanks for the info, Bill. I'll see if I can find them.

5. 85-percent

85-percent

There's a Levine's Auto Parts in Winsted CT that's due to open June 15 or so. Winsted is just west of the intersection of RT 8 and RT 44.

waterbury is the best route geographically speaking, from you, unless you like to drive RT 44 from down town Hartford and then due west. it's congested almost the whole way. not reccomended from W-field.

-90% Jimmy

PS - call Dan and Jay at National Speed Center Manchester. They don't do it, but they can hook you up with good people that do! 646-5582 (I think?)

6. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

north haven ct..camarota truck parts ...just did my 34 truck..175.00.. 25 miles from you...did it in 2 days...

7. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

go see Warren at fleetpride! (203)877-2716 they are in Milford Ct. he does all mine and a lot of other rodders from the area.

8. Overland Drivshaft service in Montville.

9. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Wow, it's like a CT History lesson here...Is that Frank Camaratta of the Car Show and Bridge on I-91 fame? I grew up in Montville, but that's a bit further away to have to drop off and pickup. I do drive through Milford and North Haven just about every day, so either of those could work very well.

85- I think Winsted is a bit too far, too. It's out there.
    I think I've got all the info I need. Thanks for all the help. I won't be dealing with this for a few weeks but I wanted to have my ducks in a row before I got to that point.

Thanks.

10. Mark

Mark
    from CT

i second the Camarota truck parts in north haven. they have done a few for my dad and i over the years. new shaft, shorten an old one, etc.

11. Paul B

Paul B

Fleetpride has a store on Murphy Rd in Hartford across the street from the Recycling Center. 860-724-6971 they have a machine shop, Do the driveshafts for the Company i work for.