Register now to get rid of these ads!

Drewfus On Tour - Melbourne 'Picnic' (D/up warning)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drewfus, Nov 1, 2005.

1. As seen elsewhere, the big event for October here in Australia is ‘the PICNIC’. A few guys who live ‘kinda’ locally decided we’d all drive down together since it’s about 12-14 hours of highway driving (one way). This gave us a fair opportunity for more than the odd one or two driving photo’s.

So, without further ado……lets go cruising (note: be warned as there is a lot of photo’s of some common old heaps…)

Firstly, the newly crowned ‘KING SALAMI’, Mr Michael Morris….

[​IMG]

Craig Fountain…..

[​IMG]

Brootal…

[​IMG]

Jimbob…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. We all met up on the side of the highway in Sydney very early Friday morning (or was that classed as Thursday night?), then meeting up with Jimbob and Sam near Yass for breakfast….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here’s Jimob and Sam, one of my highlights of the weekend was the official conversion of SAM from the old life of ‘street machining’, to the new life of Hot Rods & Kustoms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Boris and his Toyota Crown……sorry, RUMBLER……. ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our host while in Melbourne was Corey (Flatoz), who was a blast….show here is part of the ‘Sam conversion’, blasting along in Coreys 4-71 Blown flatty powered 32 roadster (who on earth would not me moved by this combo……)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. On the way back we kinda hooked up with this Falcon (Squire) which we all thought was sweet….

[​IMG]

Then we decided to checkout a piece of Aussie cult history….’Ettamogah Pub’

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Then back on the road, through the wind, rain, and quagmire we call Sydney traffic….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closing shot…..Corey and his roadster on the way to the Picnic….

[​IMG]

Cheers, and appoligies to those of you on Dial up…..

Drewfus

6. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

.........I knew that you were an artist with the pencils, but you are also OUTSTANDING with the camera!!

7. jimbob

jimbob

And again, WOW, great shots. Was a great weekend.

8. jimbob

jimbob

Shit, I'm biased I know, but I just can't stop looking at those shots, brings a smile to my face and makes it seem like I'm still there. Good times :)

9. flatoz

flatoz

I hope you blokes had as much fun as I did, again, bloody brootal for keeping me up to 5 am drinking on saturday morning, man some one should do something about the amount of bourban he consumes!!

wonder if his wife knows...:D

great times.

took the roadster for a SEDATE drive today, ahhhhhhh....

bright this weekend... jimbob???

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Drewfus, those road trip shots were great. A road trip in a bunch of customs or hot rods would be enough to convert anyone. Welcome to the fold Sam !!! Geoff aka whodaky

11. I'm pretty sure it was that LONG HAIRED FREAK Jimbob you were up all night drinking with.

I thought 2am was plenty late enough, especially considering my senior status. ;)

12. Great road pic,s. Now i,m all bleary eyed and homesick. ( almost )

13. jimbob

jimbob

Mate, I'd love to, but due to the poor state of the rear suspension of the Booick, and the fact that Gary is driving the 32 down with his step son on board ( i.e. no room for me :( ), I'll have to giveit a miss.

Have told Gary to introduce himself to you if he see's you, but please do the same if you see him, look for the bald pissed bloke :)

But Sam, Gary, and I have already spoken about next year, and are planning a two week rod and kustom extravaganza to take in both events, the Melbourne Cup, and whatever other beer drinking events we can squueze in. So save up your leave mate, its gonna be a blinda. Will have the Bucket and Buick down there, and Sam has vowed to be drivin the 28 Buick RPU we're buildin.

14. jimbob

jimbob

Bahahahaha, oh yeah, Happy Birthday for Sunday mate, you senior you.

15. flatoz

flatoz

smart bastard, what happens when I'm looking in a mirror!:D

16. jimbob

jimbob

Haha, here he is at last years event infront of his pickup, probably in about the same state you'll find him this weekend ;)

[​IMG]

17. flatoz

flatoz

hmmm beer on the grille shell, beer in hand and esky in back.

no wonder hes happy!:D

will say g'day

18. Drewfus I tips me hat to ya!!!! Awesome Pics, well worth the wait on dial up :D

19. striper

striper

Great shots. I'm on dial up and was happy to hit the refresh button 3 times just to get 'em all in.

Pete

20. mikey1610

mikey1610
    from San Diego

If you guys played rugby as well as you build cars maybe you could beat us (South Africa) !!!! Gus kidding...Nice photos.

21. CptStickfigure

CptStickfigure
    from Urbana, IL

Awesome pics! That is just the motivation I needed to get out into the garage tonight.

22. ray

ray
    from colorado

hmmm,

SIX 94S

STR 88T

KKK 00L

you guys must have some luck getting liscense numbers at registration time!:D what's the scoop? it appears the combo is 3 letters, 2 numbers, 1 letter, do you have to request the combos as they are approaching and wait, bribe the lucky guys who got those as the luck of the draw to give them up, or fake plates?

23. Cword

Cword

Drewfus your photos are excellent!

Thanks!

24. Rolf

Rolf

You are an artist, and my computer screen is your canvas.

25. Great pics, now I know where all the 50 Buicks are at.

26. jimbob

jimbob

We can pretty much order whatever we want, letter/number, all letter, any combo really. If its not a standard combo, i.e. letter/number, you just get out your check book.

27. Without a doubt...you've just posted some of the best photos ever for the HAMB. Kick arse, Andrew!

28. hey man,

thanks again for the pics, they really rock. you shoudl do your own book or calander or something!!!

Danny

29. Spot on Peddro....killer pix. Shit Im jealous, wish i had my ride goin.....Ahh well theres always next year lol

Rat

30. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Nice Nice Nice! Bill