Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dragster Picture ID: Pontiac engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hotrod55kustom, Jan 13, 2010.

1. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

hey i found this pic in a random search and was wondering if anyone knows or can ID the car, and if anyone has larger more detailed pics of it. Starting to debate using a '60 Pontiac 389 we have in a possible FED project in the semi-distant future.

[​IMG]

2. That used to be mine. Send an Email.

3. It's located a couple of blocks from my house right now,pontiac Pete owns it currently.Theres another picture of it in the Milwaukee world of wheels thread.I could get more info if you like.I'm sure Johnny fast has your answers though.
    Joe

4. josh77

josh77

I believe Pontiac Pete is "injunnuity" on the HAMB.....

5. Thats very possible,I'm new here but I can get a hold of Pete if need be.It looks like his car in the photo.
    Joe

6. LZ

LZ

Hey 29hotrod:

This guy here is putting a poncho in a FED built by non other then ROO man.
    Check bottom of page. He updates his site regularly.

http://www.leverfamilysite.com/vehicles.htm

just for FYI;)

good luck
    Luke

7. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

8. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

When the day comes, RooMan will be building my altered.....

9. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

wow there must be some real history to the car... cause if i am not mistaken... this looks identical.. i will put in all three pics i have for comparison.. im sure im not sayin anything johnnyfast doesnt already know..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Wow, she's got a lot of dive! Sweet car!

11. injunnuity

injunnuity
    from Wisconsin

Yes, I have the car at this time. This car means a lot to me. I followed this pontiac powered car from the first time I saw it for sale at Back to the Ffties. I do not now, nor ever will, "own" the the car. I'm just the caretaker of it at this point. The history and the people behind it are the real owners of it. All I'm doing with it is sharing with other people the history that was behind the car. It will always be a tribute, in my mind, to Mortinsen and Josephson racing. I have alot of the info from day one and as many pictures as I could get. I also have a VHS and DVD from the Minnesota dragways. They were both class acts and I hope to carry it on for the future to enjoy.

12. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

awesome! its a real gem and i must say one of my new all time fav. dragsters!