Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragster parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasr57, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

This is a post to find out how many people would be interested in purchasing spoke wheel hubs for dragsters. I have access to an original set of "MOON" hubs to use as a pattern and have been thinking about having a pair made for my personal use but if there is enough interest to make it worth it I may have more made. With the cost of complete wheels thru the roof just thinking it maybe more cost effective to build my own. Thanks for your time let me know if you would be interested.

2. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Questions. Are these 40 hole? Are you having them cast like the originals? What material? And for what spindle? Will they be fully machined for the races?

3. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

ChassisResearchKid, I'm not sure Of the hole count yet it will be what ever the original "MOON" hubs are. No,they will most likely be cnc machined fron billet aluminum and machined for ford bearing races. Not sure of the exact material choice yet but If I go thru with having these made they will be top quallity because I plan on using them myself. Sorry for lack of detail in the starting post. I am just in the very early stages of this deal and thought maybe if anyone else was interested I might have several sets made.

4. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Moon made both 36 and 40 hole, 40 being the most desirable. At least for me.

5. oj

oj

Last i knew SPE had them, give them a shout before you invest a lot of time engineering etc.

6. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Thanks for the info guys I will check on that.

7. derbydad276

derbydad276

8. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

SPE is no longer in business and theirs fit Anglia spindels only. I dont find wheel prices too outrages once you break it down, hub machining-bearings-polishing-ss spoke kit-alu rim-more polishing-labor-shipping(if none of that is local) but doing it all yourself can be rewarding.