Register now to get rid of these ads!

dragfest 2010, whos going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie, Mar 28, 2010.

1. zombie

zombie

dragfest is only a month away, are you coming, and if so what are you bringing? the traditional classes are growing, and i wanna see what you'e racing. unfortunately, my dodge wont be ready again this year, but its damn close.

zombie

2. Muttley

Muttley

I'll be there, just for the show though, no racing for me this time. Hoping to drive this:

[​IMG]

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

4. zombie

zombie

muttley, that thing is fucking rad. was it at the eagle field show with cragers and redlines? i think we ran a shot of it in the event coverage.

z

5. You know ill be there for sure. Dragfest is my favorite event by far. I'll be running the same old motor & trans as last year, but hopefully will have some slicks this time around. guess I'll have to wait another year before i get the opportunity to smoke that dodge of yours!
    [​IMG]

6. Muttley

Muttley

Yeah, that was it. I sold the Cragars/redlines at Turlock a couple of months ago. I liked them but they werent exactly what I wanted for the car. They were a leftover from my old Econoline pickup that the guy didnt want when I sold it. Thanks for running a photo of my car in the magazine, I've never had anything I owned in one before. ;) :D

7. I'm going. Was gonna bring the Model A, but you're convinced radial front tires (Pirelli's) didn't exist in the 60's on Hot Rods:p. So, I fear I might get turned away @ the gate. So, I'll bring the Toyota, and leave it in the lot just to be safe:D

8. zombie

zombie

im coming for you ricky... muttley, that thing looks awesome both ways. groucho, if you dont bring the coupe im gonna kick you in the sack!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. slammed

slammed

Nice MOPAR Zombie, I dig your art and magazine work as well.

10. Great lookin' Dodge.

Think that might make the HAMB drags next year?

11. HAHA, I knew that would smoke you out of the bushes:p. BTW, Is that YOUR Dodge? Bad fucking ass

12. wtf is the holdup? looks pretty damn close!

13. zombie

zombie

thanks for the compliments on the ol' dodge fellers. i've been promising to kick rickys ass for about 3 years now. ha ha.

14. zombie

zombie

between rod & kulture, dragfest, zombie hotrod wear, artwork, and 3 kids i havent had as much time to work on it as i would like.

15. Choptop

Choptop

May 1-2
    Famoso - Bakersfield.

16. zombie

zombie

i would love to make it out there. if i can dump some of these responsibilities, i just might show.

17. i'm going, no car though.

18. I'm going. I'll be helping out with this car..maybe I'll get to run it too.
    I'm going to try to bring my truck too, if I can get the motor done.

Hopefully they let the Dodge run this year..I think everything is sorted out on it now.

Attached Files:

19. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

I'll be there with the Rooman/Horan Top Fuel Dragster. The Fuel pits at Bakersfield, nothing better. The car is a work of art, stop by and take a look.

20. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

The wife and I are going to spectate.

21. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I'm flying out to Everett Wash tomorrow to paint Nasty Dave Benjamins AA/FA with his nephew Tom Padilla driving. Stop by at dragfest and say hello to Dave. I am also painting his satellite bodied N/FC, the one we launched last year at B-field. . Lippy [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

23. zombie

zombie

that thing looks real sweet lippy, we should have a pretty good funny car field.

z

24. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hi Z. I don't know when they will run the F/C again, but he will have the altered at Dragfest from what I gather. Wish I could go. Lippy

25. Cool! :D

26. zombie

zombie

we should have a decent altered field again this year too. they are always fun to watch. those guys throw down. i want to see some more "real" afx/altered wheelbase stuff.

27. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Now that would be cool! I would love to see some A/FX stuff. :cool:

28. solid

solid

I wish i was going. Muttley, the comet is looking mean. Zombie, your car looks right on. I'm hoping for a ton of pics, and event coverage on here ...

29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

We'll be there with the HA/GR!

30. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

Zombie- the best laid plans!!

I'll be up there,but only as a spectator this year. The Identity Crisis replacement, this '64 Comet AWB, aptly named "The Rocket", will hopefully make its appearance at the following years DragFest. 13 to 1 compression vintage B/fx 289 stuff, along with Brunswick Bowling Alley plastic seats.

[​IMG]