Register now to get rid of these ads!

drag link part?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dusty, Dec 16, 2003.

1. dusty

dusty

What is the official name for the ball/stud that goes into the drag link end on f100 ford? Any good place to get em?

2. Looks like it's called the Pitman Arm Ball.
    One of my older manuals shows the drag link with it's Pitman Arm Ball Seat so it figures....

I'd give Mid 50's Pickups at call - I think that's the right name.
    They're located in Golden Valley, Arizona and specialize in F100's.
    They are on the Internet.

3. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

Mac's auto parts has an pitman arm that fits F1 and F2 trucks.

They also have a selection pitman arms for earlier Fords, but nothing for a F100. If they don't have it, I would think that it's not being reproduced. You'll have to find an original somewhere.

Attached Files:

4. dusty

dusty

Thanks for the input guys. I apparently have a f1 steering box. The guy at the bone yard said it was an f100. I couldnt tell one way or the other as the cab was gone. The pitman arm in the photo looks like what i have but in a brain fart today at work, I realized the part I need is for the spindle end and the spindles are duece spindles. The drag link parts look ok but the stud/ball thing is rusted pretty bad where the ball meets the taper. Just dont feel good about it so it gets replaced (i hope!)