Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dozen wasps in one shot!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by btoovey76, Jul 15, 2009.

1. btoovey76

btoovey76
    from NE

It's summer and wasps are out in full force, so I thought I would show my way of killing them.
    Mix about 2-3tsp (about a 5 sec. squeeze) of liquid dish soap with about 3-4 cups of water. I went out early this morning while they were still cozy in bed I threw the soapy water on the nest and they began to drop. None flew away and they were dead in about 5 min. I like this way as it kills and cleans all in one step.:D
    Good Luck!

Attached Files:

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I always kill the little bastard's at night!

3. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

interesting! may have to give that a shot

4. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Brake cleaner! Hardly ever use it on brakes. Also Carb/Choke cleaner works well. They are pretty much dead instantly, not in 5 min.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I use brake cleaner while they are flying. get them in mid-air.

much more fun that way.

6. Gigantor

Gigantor

I almost found out the hard way that some yellowjackets have set up residence in the rear quarterpanel of my Bronco by the gas tank. I've been trying to devise a way of getting out there to get rid of them without getting the bejesus stung out of myself. Maybe I could set up one of those sprinklers at the end of a hose and use one of those car wash bottles that screw on to the hose and fill it full of dish detergent and just leave it on for an hour or so... thanks for the idea!

7. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

:Dspary adhesive works too.:D

8. fleetside66

fleetside66

I want to know what works on Yellow Jackets. The stuff that kills Wasps & Hornets doesn't seem to faze Yellow Jackets.

9. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Choke cleaner. It will kill anything.

10. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Agreed

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

For those of you that are going to spray them with an aresol can... remember once you start spraying the hole they are coming out of... keep it on there!!!

I like the dish soap idea!! cool!

12. ocfab

ocfab

WD-40 and a lighter

13. PB Blaster is what I generally hit 'em with - even drops them out of the air.

14. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Good ideas everybody, but the best I've used for wasps is Castrol Superclean.
    Spray'em with that and they're dead in seconds, I always have some handy.

Disclaimer: If you get any on old laquer paint, be sure to rinse it off pretty quick as it tends to bleach it.

15. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Amazingly I found out that Windex with Amonia kills bees, gets them pretty quick.

Not sure If I would get close enough to wasps to test it out though

16. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

me 2

17. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

anything with a heavy oil, it clogs the breathing pores on their abdomen and they die.

18. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Break cleaner and a few fireworks to "clean out" the nest.

19. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

I just use the spray wasp bombs from the store. Shoots a fat stream about 10-12 feet. Do it when it's cool when those ornery little Ba#%$ds are sleepin:eek:

20. BELLM

BELLM

I use a super soaker water gun, dishwashing soap & water. Can reach up into the rafters of my tractor shed, 15' or more. Don't have to get close to them.

21. Maybe somebody with a better memory than me will chime in here but when I worked for the phone company 25 years ago we had spray cans of some kind of wasp killer that would make em' drop in mid-air. I think it froze em'. When you're standing on hooks 18 feet in the air opening a cable and a 100 wasps come flying out you got no time to fuck around and you sure can't run...

22. i use a spray bottle and gas. the gas removes the life from them instantly!

23. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Couple years ago service guys that came onto the property dropped a full can of wasp and hornet killer. (2 inches from hitting it with the mower, yikes!) It was some kind of linesman branded product. Anyway, to me it seemed exactly like Raid wasp/hornet spray, except the nozzle misted a little in addition to the long stream.

24. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I know it's not "traditional", but why not just go but the good spray stuff made to kill bees, wasps and hornets??? Some of these will spray about 30 feet and drops 'em if they even fly into the mist near the main stream...We used to use it on some old semi trailers we used for storage, the wasps loved those things, we could whip the doors open and hit 'em with this stuff from a safe distance and kill all of them.

25. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

redneck flamethrower :D

26. Hog wash or Napalm! "I am stuck on napalm cause napalm don't stick on me".

27. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Yep, it's instant... Even mid air!

28. Use an old fire water extingisher made from stainless steel. It has a air valve on it. fill with water add the soap close it up air it up and you can foam them little-------20 feet away. Severe alegric to them. I kill all I find.

29. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Soap & water works great.

I use chopsticks to catch them in flight. Mr. Miyagi taught me how to do that after I was beat up by the Cobra Kai.

[​IMG]

If neither of those work...dryer sheets work

30. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

works every time no waiting screw the clean up........