Register now to get rid of these ads!

down under old fart

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by retro4, Aug 11, 2006.

1. retro4

retro4

Yes finally got told how to do my history, I'm the quickchange guy from NewZealand, 62 year oldy trying to relive childhood.40 years of speedway, have restored 1938 sprinter with 4 banger, building 28r/pu on 32 frame, toyota 5 speed, quicky, flathead 4 cly gt28 engine, to see how fast we can make it go.have 31 hot 4banger coupe, a vicky, plus others, been in parts game for 38 years, like to vist US once a year, swap meets, antique nats, Model a national meets, anywhere there is some rods & speed.run a club night at our place once a month,anyone welcom as long as you will help others. belong to FAST & am president of NZ REBEL A's. Anyone visting our country give me a call always open house here,
    Started producing the A quickchange from orig patters,pos old halibrand,but had to get modern with internal design. recently got into the V8 version, Many $$$$$'s later. Aim in life is to be able to work a dam computer & spell so folk bear with me, Motto ain't here for a long time but here for a fast time,
    Derek Thomason [email protected]

2. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

welcome aboard derek,
    glad you got it figgered out
    Zach

3. 37coupeute

37coupeute

G,day and welcome. You are in the right place. sounds like you have a lot to offer! some really interesting stuff in the 4 bangers meetings, grew up in wgtn. myself. tim.

4. 55olds88

55olds88

Sweet Derek,
    Sorry I should have dropped you a message with some more info on where to go to post an intro etc, anything you need drop me a PM or email, will have to look you up if I'm down wellington way, Quicky looks great.
    If you run into anyone with a spare 30-31 closed car cowl let me know.

5. Welcome Derek. I'm the Aussie that was bustin' your chops about info on your quickchanges back in May.....still on my wish list! Cheers, Wayne Hadfield.

6. k9racer

k9racer

welcome.. Their are a lot of old circle track racers on the hamb. I think you will fit in real good...Bobby..

7. 4 2 GO

4 2 GO

Derek

Welcome to the HAMB. I say your quickchange at the Model A meet in Reno in 1998. Looked good then, still want one for my 28 Coupe. Someday definitely.