Register now to get rid of these ads!

donations for a build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skratch, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I am real far from home . . and the parts pile under my house. . . for the rest of the year. So, I can't help with parts.

But here's a story . . I was in the middle of building my Olds motor last year. . had the block at the machine shop and found a crack in one of the rods. I needed a rod pronto and posted an S.O.S. on the HAMB.

Now, who do you think came through and offered some parts to a guy he never met? . . even helped me load a partial short block into my truck.

You guessed it fuckers! . . .it was SKRATCH. I think some of you are getting this guy all wrong.

. . and part two of the story is that after I finished the build I passed that same block, and a bunch of other Olds stuff I had doubles of, on to another hamber in the area who was collecting parts for an Olds build. That's just the way it's supposed to be. . soon there will be two more Olds motors on the road because Skratch gave me something he didn't need at the time

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

3. skratch

skratch

jag rear and the adapter?well that's a secret.you'll have come to see it..

4. VonXulu

VonXulu
    from Ventura Ca

Skratch, come over one of these days and look at my stash, you can have whatever you need. BTW Skratch is a very generous person, I know him personally. I'll vouch for him. Anyone need anything else explained to them, feel free to ask. This board seems to have changed a bit since I first started poking around... FNG's knew their place.

5. Killer

Killer

dude, you rule.

I'm comin with Uncle Skippy to deliver the beer can coil cover.

6. Just to make things clear, my handle is 4T64RD... Not 4T4DR!!!

I have decent F-1 radiator I'm tripping over if you think you can use it. Send me your addy. I have a box of F-1 parts from the one I parted out a few years back if you need little shit.

7. heavy

heavy

Go make your money so you can build a STREETROD that's what his profile says. Many of us can't go out and buy everything we need. We rely on each other for help w/ parts labor ideas or whatever. I don't know maybe you don't have these kind of friends. I do, and I appreciate them. When they need something I have It's theirs. I know it'll come back to me when i really need it.

heavy

8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have a tilt column with key and steering wheel out of a 94 Oldsmobile that you can have, but it would need to be a HAMB relay type thing as it is too odd in shape to ship and probably a bit spendy for shipping cost.

Anyway to HAMB relay it to you and it's yours.

I gave $ 100.00 for it a year ago but have zero use for it now, so I figure help the cause.

Cob

9. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

haha, what's with the newbs trying to prove a point? If you guys don't want to help then don't post....

Skratch has helped me out a few times...I've got to go through my garage to see what ya might be able to use. I'll pm you.

speedy

10. flynstone

flynstone

i think someone with 30 posts should lurk for awhile...........

11. sorry bout that, I made that typo too

12. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

Hey scratch, I don't know why you struck such a nerve with some of these guys, but I would like to help out if I can.

Are you doing anymore Overhaulin type stuff?

I have some neat old pieces keep us informed of how the list is coming along and when I see something I can help with I will jump in.

Oh. and please do not lock this post. I promise it will turn around when people who have seen scratch around here for years start to notice what the jonnie come latelys are doing just to generate a few posts an entertain themselves. I saw some comment about Scratch having been around for 5 years with only 200 posts, and right after that I see a guy who joined in april 2006 with over 600 posts!!! what is that like 50 posts a week? Who has that much to say? I am sure the guy is cool and I am not trying to start any shit but wow! I wish more people on here would be more judicious with their comments and not post for the sake of generating numbers.

Hotrob

13. Good luck with the project Skratch.

I'm sure the guys doing the most bashing here have 4 doors with the rear door handles shaved, painted flat black with shiney red wheels:rolleyes:

14. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Ok here goes!!!
    As you see i am new. Please be kind haha.:eek:
    I have a 650 holly duel pumper you can have.:eek:
    I am just starting a 32 coupe build but have a crate moter with carb. So if you want it PM me.
    Now again pls dont bust my balls! :mad: If i want to help someone then i can. I know i will need help from you all as i build and have tons of things to ask. So its the least i can do.
    Dave from Valencia Ca.:cool:

15. jerry

jerry

Skratch, I got some older SW gauges if you need them. Let me know.

And why can't we do newbie jump-in's like we used to?

jerry

16. 53burb

53burb

Shit!!!!!!!!!! I just remembered that I had a complete dash and clusters that came xtra with my '53 Plymouth wagon. Ya think ya can carve that into what you are going to put together? And on top of that, I can hand delivery the thing to ya too!

17. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

Well i just got to give my .02, i havn't been on here this long and ive probaly posted to many times for some of you. I'm disabled so therefore i'm retired, i have a lot of time on my hands so i spend a lot of time on here, I LOVE It! I will give anything to anybody i can to help, i dont know any of you but i would help with what i can. Now as for ya old timers jumping on the FNG's which i noticed some of you been here about 4 years and consider yourselfs life'rs. You are not making me feel very welcome, it seems it dont matter what you know its the fact that your a FNG, then maybe not? I have noticed last count about 150 people on here licking and kissing Jesse James ass and hes a FNG didn't do a intro and his first post was in the wrong place, oh but he's kool youd like him to be your friend. Dont get me wrong i like watching him he knows his shit, what i'm saying is that some here have double standards. I agree with Rashy this counting post shit is just shit. Instead of you bitchin how this sites no good anymore have you bitched to Ryan and told him how he messed it up for you? I have met some good people on here. Now you can start calling me names.

18. plan9

plan9

you loudmouth numbnutts are amusing..
    skratch, ive got a set of new moon guages if needed. im in the bay area for the next few months but can work out a hook up for you.... guages are in Highland Park.

what kind of gas tank do you need? ie. what gallonage are you looking for?

uncle skippy has a fuse panel of mine as well (if he remembers it)... you are welcome to that if you see him.

19. blue_oval23

blue_oval23

Skratch..... wrote:
    "draw it,build it,drive it"

More like:

"draw it, ASK FOR ALL OF THE PARTS, build it, drive it"

Dude, i i am new to the hamb, and you have been a member for 5 years, good for you, if you have a pile of parts, why dont you try to trade them for some of the parts you need? I would love to have a multi-carb set up for my truck, but you know what i cant afford one, but do you see me asking for a free one?? NO!!! i have also given advice to some people on the hamb, and helped my buddy chop a truck, there are a ton of guys that have done what you have done, get off your soap box!!!! later-
    blue_oval23

20. 53burb

53burb

No wonder I haven't seen yer ass around. How are ya Mike? The Hollywood Hotrods show was pretty good. You going to be down to be going to the Primer Nats? KNUX!

21. OutLaw

OutLaw

When did so many haters join the HAMB? Can't you just help him or shut the fuck up. This board is here to help out and hook up like minded people.

When are you going to put this thing together? If you need anything I can help you with besides dringing let me know.

22. plan9

plan9

whats up dude, yah.. past 3-4 months in LA i buried myself in the garage. id like to hit the Nats but alas, i wont be able to.. altho, billetproof and hot rod revolution are on my attendance list.

hows the electricals in the 53? ;) rewire that thing!!

23. I have a 49 Olds steering wheel that i am not using, perfect stainless and barely a crack or two. I will email pix tomorrow morning

24. 53burb

53burb

I see you have been reading about the electrical, huh? Ya, I am still scratch'in my head now for 3 days. I don't have a volt meter or any tools like that. See you around soon Mike. Hope all is well with you. Lee

25. plan9

plan9

i sent you a pm;)

26. Jesse has earned his rep, he's earned respect, he's a household name. I could go on and on and I'm sure many of you can. You'd be hard pressed to say anything bad about the man.

The difference is this: These other FNG's are simply unknown.

Just any ol FNG asks for something for nothing and he's going to get shit.

Someone like Jesse doesn't go around with his hand out. Sure he gets his share of "freebies" which are actually paid for by trades, ads, whatever. Others are given out of respect, respect he's earned from years of hard work.

There's a big difference man, you can't compare the two. Jesse shouldn't even be a Fuckin New Guy on here, he should get an immediate Senior Member tatooed on his name. He's earned it. How much ya wanna bet says that if Ryan offered that to him, he'd refuse it.

He's fuckin JESSE JAMES!!! God damn man. You can't compare JESSE JAMES to some unknown nobody turd nugget.

Seriously, call me wrong, tell me I'm an ass, whatever. If I'm the only one that feels this way and no one 'seconds' my shit here, I'll gladly apologize.

27. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok, I don't know Scratch, but that's not the point. The point is if some of you have a problem with him building and driving the rod for a year and then raffling the thing off, consider that as compensation, the way I see it, for building the damn thing. He does have a good idea and if allyall can stop hammerin' each other for a minute and really think about his idea you will see he is not really getting something for nothing, unless you figure his time is worthless. See the big picture? Now..............let's all play better together and let's get his parts and see what he can do with them.EH?

28. Anderson

Anderson

If you put your mouth where Sandra Bullock's mouth has been, is that kinda like you kissed her?

29. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

I'm shure theres some FNG's on here that are just as talented. You know why he would turn down instant senior member? He's got class and probly dont have time to cry and whine and count post! Hell if you worship him thats okay, i'm not telling you not to. And to make myself clear i never said anything bad about him, i was just wondering why he wasn't getting set straight by some of the old 3 & 4 year guys.

30. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Come on Ingus, Jesse in my mind, is a creative genius but he puts his pants on just like you, me or anybody else. It's wrong to compare him that way just because of his high profile. Just like it's wrong to chastise one of these newbies just because they are new....hell.........they may have a wealth of knowledge they are willing to unload. I learned a long time ago ....new don't mean dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.