Register now to get rid of these ads!

Don Montgomery Hot Rod Books

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rockerhead, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

I finally picked up the first group of my new book - Old Hot Rods Scrapbook - from the bindery. The bindery was running about 2 weeks late. All of the mail or internet orders were shipped either Friday (12-1 ) or Monday (!2-4 ). I am sorry for the delay and appreciate the understanding that I had no control on this.
    All eight of my books are in stock now; including "Hot Rods In The Forties" which has not been available for a year.
    The best part of my "job" is to hear from lots of neat guys and see their hot rods and their projects. I always say that "we do this with the cars but the best part is the people".

Attached Files:

2. Welcome. Glad to see you here Don. I recvd' your letter a while back about this book. I've got all but 2 of the other ones, autographed:) , so I'll be getting this one and would like to have it signed also;) . I'm looking forward to it.

I'm sure a lot of people here will want to ask you questions about bygone times...

Brian

Nicholas Figge likes this.
  3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hi Don! Glad to see you here on the HAMB. I won't give ya any hassle about "intro-ing" in the "wrong" spot or anything like that cuz your one of my favorite hot rod authors.....among a couple other HAMB guys.;)

Just like to say congrats on the new book. I'm looking forward to adding that to my collection.

This was taken last fall when I was out west with my 47 Olds. It was wonderful to finally meet you in person and shake your hand.
    [​IMG]

4. Looking forward to my copy arriving.

Whens the next one!?!

5. Intro?

Hah....he don't need one....

Welcome to the HAMB Don, a pleasure to have you here.

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

your books are awesome !

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I know that, and you know that, it was my polite way of letting the FNG's know not to give this dude any hassles.;)

8. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Don-

I studied every pic and story in your books when I built my roadster- Along with Mike Bishop's book, they were really crucial in my styling choices.

Thanks again, and I look forward to getting the latest book!

Jay Ward

Attached Files:

9. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Hi Don, Great to see you aboard here. I sent you a bunch of pics for your Gasser book. Still makes me proud to have contributed to it. What are you doing with that beautiful Willys? Mike Hanlon

10. YOUR collection?

11. Books? What a concept! I still search out old Hot Rod magazines for your tech articles. Whatever happened to the 57 Thunderbird with the Pontiac 389?

12. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

don good to see you here. one of my books arrived last week - thanks. just waiting patiently on the next one now, hopefully it will be here by the end of the week :)

just one more to get and ill have the full set.

13. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Hi Don, your books redirected my life after I got the first one from you at an Early Times Mattel swap meet. Can't wait for the new one!!! I'm building my new business website and I'd like to sell your books- do you have enogh yo support dealers??? Thanks Jim Aust

14. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

welcome aboard Don,
    i hope the HAMB has gotten you a few sales
    I'm anxiously awaiting this new one
    Zach

15. brandon

brandon

do you have any current shots of the willys thats in denise's picture.....i bought the fronts from you several years ago......at that time you were talking crazy ....something about street rodding it.....hahha thanks for the help on building my anglia gasser.....and helping me with my current altered project......those books are a big help.......thanks agian....brandon

16. klazurfer

klazurfer

Don .. I have most of your books ( bought the first one back in `91 )
    EXCELLENT Books!!!:) :)
    Cant wait to receive the "Scrapbook" ..
    Klaz:)

17. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Don, your "Supercharged Gas Coupes" book moves from room to room in my house and a week never goes by that I dont thumb through it. It has been a great source of info. I have a 40 Willys coupe that I will be restoring. Nice to see you on the HAMB!

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes...I DO have a nice collection of hot rod books.....in fact I just got one this weekend that has some bitchen garages in it including Vern Tardell's shop. It's a pretty good read. I'll let you paw thru it on Sunday if you'd like.

Don, how would you like us (HAMB folks) to contact you if we're looking to add one of your books to our collection?

19. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

Hi Mike - Although I know it was unthinkable to return the Willys from a "Supercharged Gas Coupe" back to a street rod similiar to the way I built it in 1958, but I did it. It is now a nice driver with air conditioning and all the "comforts of home". My wife and I thought it would more fun to use this way. In fact last year we drove it with about 11 other street rods to Canada on a fun trip. We have over 8000 miles on it now and are enjoying it.
    PS: Mike - I appreciated the loan of the pictures for Supercharged Gas Coupes.

Attached Files:

20. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Don, still looks great and sounds like you're havin' a ball with it. Here's a picture I took of it in 1970 at OCIR. Bitchin' car! Mike
    [​IMG]

21. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Got an email from Don today. They are on their way as we speak/type, Klaz.
    Christmas eve will be coming early this year.

Looking at pics on the PC and internet is fun, but it will NEVER EVER beat books. PERIOD :):):).
    I'm just plain excited.

Paul

22. burger

burger

Don,

I'm interested in purchasing a copy of your new book. Can I purchase it directly from you?

Thanks,
    Ed

23. Don,
    Any chance you may do a AFX/SS book in the future? 1961-1968 is a great period for these cars!! I'd love to see your talent directed at this era.

Thanks,

24. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

Hi Ed - Yes , I would be happy to sell to you. The price is $39.95 plus $8.00 for shipping. Buy with Paypal - Don Montgomery at [email protected] or send a check to Don Montgomery 636 Morro Hills Rd. Fallbrook,CA 92028. Be sure to say which book and if you want it signed and to whom.
    Thanks for your interest - Don.

25. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

I was going to ask you how your Alberta trip went, I met you at the LA roadster show 2 years ago on my Honeymoon, and we talked about it a bit. I do enjoy reading your books, look forward to this new one.

26. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Don,

You are the man!!!

As I said in my email, I've used your books as inspiration for my hot rod, and will continue to use them as reference material for future a project.

I'd love to see some more pictures of your Jimmy powered 32 3W ;);)

27. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Don,

Your books were a big inspiration for me in the 90's. In fact, it's your fault I got the bug to build my Bellytank. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Hey Don!
    Glad to see ya here on the HAMB.
    I'll be ordering more of your books, they are GREAT.
    Glenn Hayes
    CHAMPION spark plugs

29. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Hey, Don, welcome to the board......

Your books look good. I hope to start the series this Christmas....

Also, hopefully, I'll be the one that get's to interview you through the American Hot Rod Foundation.......

Just how ole' a fella are you? You don't look old enough to have been around back in the day.....I always think of guys 70+

30. 40Vert

40Vert

Your books are the best. Are you going to have a booth at the Grand National Roadster show?