Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. wsdad

wsdad

My wife works to make me happy because that's just the kind of person she is. She's unselfish and loving. I was just lucky enough to be standing in the right spot when she said, "I do." I still don't understand why she picked me but I'll roll with it. :)

Tolerating, trying to understand, and even trying to like the cars are simply another outpouring of her loving personality. If I would have happened to like hunting or kite flying, she'd try to be interested in that instead. I try to be the same way for her when I think about it, but I'm not as good at it as she is. It comes naturally for her.

I think she gets as much pleasure out of seeing the excitement in my eyes when I bring home yet another piece of junk as I do out of bringing it home. I do have to hide it though. She also cares about the neighbors and doesn't want them to have to see it. I'm lucky I found her 13 years ago. She is a rare treasure.

I see my daughter picking up some of the same traits from her and it makes me proud.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  2. robertsregal

robertsregal

YES, I'm a lucky guy we attended a car show last fall and came upon a 57 buick century that was street rodded. I told her if I ever do a street rod this will be the car, Laurie's response " you better do it before you die" so the search started and we found a 57 special hardtop this car was my christmas gift from her. Laurie has been in the salvage yards with me getting parts,handing me wrenches,finding the one I misplaced and has been their with great support. I shaved the handles,nosed the hood and installed rear floor pans and the body is in first coat of primer surfacer. So YES Laurie is in to this as much as I am. [​IMG]

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My girlfriend likes car stuff and also likes to race so if I keep her I might have to build her a car.

4. 100% Matt

100% Matt

My girlfriend is really supportive of my old car addiction. The whole thing is a little new to her. I'v only been involved with one person that wasn't supportive of it..........she didn't last long......however she later married another local hot rodder...so go figure

5. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

If doesn't have AC/Heater, satellite radio, leather & electric seats and all the creature options. She doesn't go along. So that is why I have no radio or heater in old Effie!

6. I had a wife that didn't care for the car stuff. She was actually jelous of the cars.

Then I had a girlfiend that liked the car stuff more than me:eek:

Now I am about to marry a girl that loves me and the cars.

:D

7. DMFB

DMFB

My wife used to talk a lot of shit, and was never thrilled when I did anything with a car. Stupid boys and their toys comments were regular. I realised it was because she was jealous, haha. Now that she has an old Chevy, she is excited as hell about building her....and even joined the HAMB. (Hell has officially frozen over guys)

8. Jeff J

Jeff J

The only thing I can say is I am building my new garage ,she said: WHERE IS MY SPOT AND WHERE DOES MY TOOL BOX GO,so what does that tell ya? :rolleyes:Here's her tool box.:cool:

Attached Files:

9. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

My wife goes with me once a year to a show. The requirement is a pool and/or places to shop. Guess thats why she always goes to Pigeon Forge each September. Actually she does walk around the lots with me and the couple we go with at night to look at the cars while we are there. She likes the running and going but definitely not into the building.

48 Poncho

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She loves it but on her terms. She gets bored at long events but digs the way I "work" the shows. We don't have our own up and running yet (soon) and as in the past it changes the mood when we do. She hates the bubbletop Chevy. She's bustin my balls to get going deeper on the AD pickup. Here we are with a 61 bubble, a 54 AD pickup, a 41 Packard 160 biz cpe, a 47 Packard Custom Super Clipper, and a 34 Packard 2/4 cpe (rumble seat). The 61 is 1st followed by the 34 and the truck is on and off by necessity and final vision (sorry, no more details on the truck). She wants the truck 1st but the bubble's closer than any of em and I do 34 Packards for a living so no explaination needed, is there?

Once up and done we both dig the shit out of all of it, including racing.

11. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

Just last night my wife came out to the shop and was helping me install the wiring harness in my Hudson. My 53 Buick has no heater,tunes or side windows and she is always buggin me to go cruizin in it! She has shown so much support for my hobby/addiction that i bought her a car from a friend of hers. Its a 57 2dr hardtop belair, before you start groaning she told me she wants it flat black,bagged,lake pipes,chrome reverse wheels with www and spider caps. And i thought she wasn't payin that much attention. Good thing she has poor taste in men or i would still be single! haha! She is so stoked about her project she wants me to put mine on hold and start hers! Yup, I'm the luckiest man in the world for her puttin up with me and becoming as obsessed with this hobby as me! I think i'll keep her.:D

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  12. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Oh yeah! ...Plenty on Our Forum Raced, rodded then and are Coming with old car ,dads car to race at our Nostalgia Drags...Have a 16 year old 2nd generation daughter of former racer, driving a 409 front motor Dragster !

13. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor

She's an NHRA member... loves every aspect of the hobby... probably why we're still married after 22 years..:D

14. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

I got all my girl friends pregnant in my cars and have two wonderful sons from the experiences 48 and 46 so no one talks bad about cars here at my house.

Years and many relationships later, I lost all my money and started to sell my Hot Rod to get money to start over again. As I was going out the door to a meeting of car and bike guys with signs to hand around my lady said," don't sell the car you spent to many years building it and you don't sell what you love and then she said money is easy to find but your car isn't. I love this lady we are still together here in Thailand.

fhuket likes this.
  15. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

she digs my cars and has the best engine I have ever found....

It can be started with one finger.

It is self-lubricating.

And it changes its own oil every four weeks.

16. 52style

52style

my wife likes old school harleys if theres gonna be bikes too shes game

17. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

My GF seems to be into it pretty good. She likes "A" coupes more than sedans now, but she seems to like the 33-34 coupes even more. She is also fond of shoebox Fords. She is up for heading out to the shows/meets, and goes with to every local cruise night that I attend.
    The other day she told me she was thinking about selling her S2000 and getting a 1959 Ranchero that I had looked at a few weeks ago.

She's awesome and she is freakin' hot too! I don't know what I did to deserve her, but I'm keeping her for sure!

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

In 2006, after dating my little bundle of psychosis for about a year, you could have knocked me over with a feather when she said she would ride with me in the '48 to Seattle. That was about 1800 miles in a car she wouldn't ride around the corner in before! A couple of things became apparent real quick- she had fun in my not so pretty (or civil) hot rod, and she had no concept of how large this country is! See her native stomping grounds are Hong Kong- just a touch smaller! By the end of that trip she could proudly rattle off specs on the car like a pro. Two months later, she flew back up to Seattle to ride back with me! That was it - instant keeper! Since then she has accompanied me on several adventures in The '48 and many other cars. I've been building her a '27 T based modified, and she recently purchased a '55 first series Chevy truck for herself. My guess would be yes!

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thats my gal in the foreground with me saturday @ Pocono Lodge. We just like to have fun. Slim

Attached Files:

20. 52lomofo

52lomofo

soon wife to be not really in to it but likes to keep me happy but after first couple of car shows i took her too now she wants a 55 chevy (black) so i must of done something right lmao

21. Jerry27Tub

Jerry27Tub

The "ex" didn't really get it. The new girlfriend is a car gal, that's her corvette!

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      543.5 KB
      Views:
  22. daddio211

daddio211

My wife sat here on the couch with me and just read every post. What's that tell ya?

On the very rare occasion I go to a hot rod function without her the question I hear a thousand times is, "Where's Victoria?" Nobody cares that I'm there, they're just wondering where my wonderful wife is! They like her more than me, but I'm okay with it!

We're building a '48 Chevy 5-window pickup for her right now!

23. BCR

BCR

Yes, met because of cars, still into them.

24. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Wife: yes. :D
    Girlfriend: no. :eek:

25. busch167

busch167

Wife and I went to first rod run in 1975, (Richmond, Va.) with 3 month old son.
    Both my sons grew up in the back of my delivery going to shows.
    Took it off the road to redo a few years ago and have heard When will it be ready to go again ever since then

27. cafekid

cafekid

nah last girl friend i had hated them so she got the 86

28. 8Flatliner6

8Flatliner6

I have enough trouble talking to women, finding an available one that happens to like cars... Impossible :(

29. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

And I thought I had it bad...my boyfriend hates cars. lol. His biggest issue is that I always smell like exhaust or something else that came from my car.

30. evol55

evol55

She is ok with them, but would rather do something else than go to car shows. We are going down south the week of the Charlotte Autofair and she wants something else to do while do that.What do I do with her?