Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Does Fenton Still Make Heads?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spike!, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Spike!

Spike!

Flatheads that is..? I bought an engine (see other post) that has a set on it as well as a Fenton two carb intake. I was wondering if they still make them ,and if not, when they stopped production as a company. Guess I could GOOGLE it, but I would rather hear it on the HAMB!

Spike

2. I don't think the heads have been made since the late 50's. The cast iron headers in the market with the Fenton name are made by a company in AZ that must have bought the rights or is paying a licensing fee.

3. zgears

zgears

I think someone is making them, ... for Plymouth 6 if I remember correctly

4. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

Really? I've been lookin' for an aluminum head for my Plymouth 218 and not finding anything. Any info would be much appreciated!

Deano

5. Flatman

Flatman

Not being repopped to my knowledge. Are yours for an early or late style flathead? The dual intakes are faily common and usually go for between $150-$250. The value of the heads? Well, I've got this left nut I'm not using......:D

Flatman

6. deano,
    Get in contact with Earl Edgerton (edgycams.com) , he makes them. The last time I checked his price was $750, (he makes them to order). You can see one on 50plymouth.com site.

Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '39 plymouth business coupe - hopped up '55 dodge flat 6 power
    '46 plymouth business coupe - hopped up '59 dodge flat 6 power

7. Spike!

Spike!

My heads are for my '53 Late model, the intake is also for my later Merc block. I ended up getting the re-built Merc motor with the heads and intake, complete from carbs to pan (Two Ford 94's), and johnson adjustable lifters for 900 bucks. Guess I did OK? ha ha ha

[​IMG]