Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone remember LEE oilfilters?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Before tech week starts, which by the way is gonna be way cooler than an all day Monster Garage Marathon, I'm looking to see if anyone remembers the old LEE company? They used to make oilfilters, airfilters and such. Does anyone have a pic they could post of the logo?

My dad used to own an auto shop named "Lee's Auto Shop" (I know...lot of imagination went into that). I am going to paint the logo on the door of my pickup and asked him what style lettering he used. He said he swiped the logo from the old Lee brand oilfilter box, I know...even MORE imagination. Anyhow I can't find the logo anywhere. I do remember that he also used one of their decals on his lunchbox and I do beleive it was Block style lettering in red, white & black but that was 30 + yrs ago and I have partied once or twice since then.

2. mr.midnite

mr.midnite

Curly,
    I have a bunch of nos Lee filters in the boxes they came in but there are no markings other than what is printed on the filter itself. These filters fit in the Hildebrandt oil filter.
    Robert

Attached Files:

3. mr.midnite

mr.midnite

filter

Attached Files:

4. BigJim394

BigJim394

From my gigantic pile o' stuff....I pull:
    A NOS 1974 Lee Maxifilter No. LF-1HP, in it's original packaging. Fits Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Merc, Lincoln, Plymouth V8's, is a "hot pink" color and has a label with an early 70's funny car on it. A real "70's" item, that I bet some guys on this board remember (Lee advertised a lot in the early-mid 70's):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

cool gay filter man!
    pretty boring typeface though, Id go for something like cursive script with the letters running into one another, a short word like 'lee' looks boring in block letters IMO.

6. Yep that's it! Told ya it wasn't a stretch to the imagination! It is boring but that is what he used. With all these phony BBQ, plumbing, farm and sewer logos painted on all these trucks I figured I'd use some real shop.

If my dad owned this shop why not use it? He started it in 1969 and my rod is based on '65- '73 parts. I'd kinda leave the hot pink for someone else!