Register now to get rid of these ads!

does anyone know what this part on my a. compressor is called

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkabilly1306, Mar 9, 2009.

1. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

this part is leaking and wont let my compressor build past 75lbs and i need to replace it but first i need to know what its called. It sits under the on/off housing (pressure switch) and then a black tube runs to the discharge tube. sorry for the dark pic but hopefully you can tell what it is
    thanks everyone
    bob

[​IMG]

2. gassman57

gassman57

Try searching your compressor on google by Mfg. and Model#...you may find a parts scemetic that answers your questions.

3. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i have tried everything under the sun to figure it out, when i called cambell and H. today i got put on hold for ever and a day so i gave up with that idea today

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

looks to me like a push in plastic line fitting? i used to be able to help but since i dont have a job i cant get that shit anymore but mcmastercarr.com has em . Ifin im seeing the pic rite.. got a better pic.. prolly 1/8 ntp to 1/4 nylon line.. I may have one in the garage but no garuntees..
    Dave

5. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Im sure thats what it is but i need a better pic.. what the hell do i win anyway
    :)

6. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

when i pulled the fitting it had a little brass piece in it that was broke...im going to get better pics now

7. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

yup the brass piece locks the plastic line into the o ring and the bottom of the fitting... if its what im seeing and is a 90 with a 1/8 tapered pipe thread (male)on the other end then mc master will have em.. I pretty muched switched where i used to work to all brass nickle plated as the held up better but mc master will have plastic and it will work..
    pm me if you need anymore help
    dave

8. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

the piece by itself
    [​IMG]
    the piece with that brass insert i was talking about
    [​IMG]
    another shot of the fitting by itself
    [​IMG]
    and another of the brass pieces by themselves
    [​IMG]

9. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I have them at work if you're stuck Bob, but any auto parts store would have one. Its called a push-to-connect Synflex fitting. Just bring it with you when you go to the store. I know Ohio is a big state of nothing, so call me if you're SOL.

10. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

NVM, thats not what I thought it was.

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ive never seen one with that kind of end so im learning something here...i used all push in to push in or pipe thread..
    Dave

12. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

any idea what the two little brass things do?

13. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Nope.. thats the wierd part... were did it plug in at ?

14. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Me neither, I didn't see the new pics til after I posted.

15. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

shit and i thought once again someone knew more than me .. :D
    Dave
    ps; smc, legris and everyone used one touch fittings but they dont have that shit in em :)

16. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

it plugs into the bottom of the on/off pressure switch box and then the black line runs back and threads into the copper tube off of the compressor

17. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I wonder ir its a pressure check type of dealy... did you google the compressor brand and try to find a schematic? I dont remember mine having any shit like that but ill look tomorrow cause there could be a different way . Matter of fact i think mine just has a pressure switch without any funky shit like that.. ill look tomorrow if it will help
    Dave

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

ive looked everywhere for info on this model other then what the book says...it is a farmhand which is a offbrand of CH, but uses the same pump as a cambell hausfeld

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im thinking its an over pressure switch or sensor for your pressure setting..will it run without it? if it does will it stop at the regulators setting?

is that hose that goes into it an air hose? or electrical lines?

20. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i havent tried running it without it, i figured it was there for a reason so i didn't want to break it even worse lol. that is an air hose coming off of the elbow piece

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think its feed back for your pressure switch..when the tank reaches its set pressure it turns off the compressor until it needs more air than turns the switch back on etc..

whos make? model?

22. dbradley

dbradley

23. rotorwrench

rotorwrench

It seems like most compressors first have a presure switch to shut the thing off at the set psi then they have a relief valve to blow the pressure off the head or valve plate. Most compressors ususlly make a pressure blow down after they shut off.

Kind of a guess on my part but it might be related.

24. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

doesnt tractor supply sell farm hand too? im gonna be out tomorrow and there is a store right down the road .. i could go look
    dave

25. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

for anyone needing compressor parts try " APWdistributing 1-888-279 9274" they just sold me a complete rebuild for my craftsman (Delillbliss) 6 HP 60 gallon oilless compressor head for less than 1/3 of what Sears wanted for the same parts !They deal in all brands of compressors and pressure washers.I dealt with Dave there lots of help.

26. It's your unloader, there is a check valve between the tank and the compressor that valve is actuated by a lever on your solonoid and relievs the pressure at the compressor head for the next start up.

27. zbuickman

zbuickman

That is my guess. I had trouble with mine and evenualy sweat a schader valve into a piece of copperline to fix it .... but its on the fritz again 4 yerars later.. this time Im putting a solenoid valve in there..... that should last:)

28. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ok i found it on the t/s site and they show the switch plain as day and the line running off of it.. I can stop by tomorrow if needed.. ill ask for the manual and look it all over .
    dave

29. spooler41

spooler41

That piece is the pressure cut off feed line,it trips the power relay to kill the compressor
    till the air pressure goes low enough to let it turn on again. Don't try to run it till its been repaired, it may over pressure the tank /air system.V.R.F., you had it right,good call.

..........Jack

30. it seems to be the head pressure release valve. When the compressor shuts down, the valve opens and releases the pressure inside the pump so it will not have to start against compression