Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone know this car ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PAUCHO, Apr 15, 2007.

1. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Does anyone know this car ?[​IMG] I saw it on ebay about a year and a half ago...[​IMG] I like the chop...[​IMG] I wonder if a Hamber owns it now...[​IMG] Very cool...[​IMG]

2. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

It's a big hot wheels taildragger.

3. I was gonna say the same thing! Love that thing!

4. borndead327

borndead327

i belive it was on the hot rod havoc dvd

5. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

6. borndead327

borndead327

ps i do have a 41 coupe for sale

7. Mad Dog Tattoo

Mad Dog Tattoo

If you find who owns it. Please tell him ill buy it. just name the Price.

8. Yeah,

I know where there's a '41 Coupe sittin' in a barnyard, and it can be bought. Guess I better go get it, these pics just convinced me.

And I'm a Hot Rod guy !

Johnnie.

9. EvilDoer

EvilDoer
    BANNED
    from chicago

thats a beautiful car

10. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I used to think ALL `41`s were ugly...I guess I was wrong!

That`s a beautiful car!!!

Tom T

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

... I just looked, it's not from rolls and pleats... sorry!

13. bonesy

bonesy

14. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

That Is Amazing... I Want One!

Seymore Had A 41 Buisness Coupe For Sale Not To Long Ago...for 500 Bucks! Did Anyone Ever Pick It Up?

15. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Did Anybody Ever Figure Out Who's Car This Is?? I Really Want To Know Everything I Can About It. I Just Gotta Know.....

16. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

always loved 41's those sideways hudsons are cool too

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

DITTO!!!!

Beautiful car........smooooooooth.....stock grill, headlights NOT frenched, and NO damn spotlights!!!! PERFECT!!!!
    Love taildraggin, chopped '41's!!

18. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

....Well a lot of time has gone by and I couldn't find it , so I'm makin' my own....[​IMG]....so far , she has a 351w...3spd auto...and a 9 inch....[​IMG]....I'm getting a pro to chop it cuz I don't have the skills , and I don't want to screw it up....It won't be a clone , but it'll be close.....It should be done in the spring...I'll post pix of the results....

19. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Sweet!!! Keep us updated!

20. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

gene winfield told me he built the original car that became the hotwheels "taildragger" but i never saw the real one
    so i have no idea if this is gene's car...but it does look alot like the hot wheels one?

might be worth looking into?
    Zach

21. The last time I saw this car in person was about two years ago in Orange County, CA. It used to be parked in the Van's shoe store lot on the corner of Walnut and Tustin Avenue in the city of Orange. There's also a tatoo parlor across the street from Van's store. I watched the progress on the build for quite some time...I'm guessing this was daily driver under construction. I saw it go from no interior and primer to what you have in the pictures. Upon completion, it ended up on e-bay. I don't know if it sold or not. The pictures you have look like the ones from the e-bay ad. They were taken in the Old Towne section of Orange. I would imagine you could call the Van's store and inquire there. If it parked in thier lot everyday, they might know the owner and could point you in the right direction. Additionally, you might want to check with Bigdaddy on the HAMB. He knows' a lot of the local cats in the OC and might know who this guy is. Good luck!

22. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

I had seen that on eBay a couple of times and fell in love with it. It was bagged at least in back - had a few running gear things that were non traditional, and I wasn't in love with that, but loved the overall look and would have lived with it just fine - would have mad e a nice reacher. It was a funny deal, as I was talking with a guy who was talking with the guy who owned it, they were working a deal with a fellow from England who wanted the car, and were going to contact me if it didn't sell. I never felt totally comfy with the deal, and I never heard back from them. I think they wanted 18k or so. My guess is that's where it went. It was not totally finished, but I think they drove it around, as it was at Paso a couple of years, one year just parked on a back street, not in the show. The chop was cool, the overall theme right on.
    Ended up buying my current '36 taildragger project, but never forgot this car, it would've had me on the road right away. Still haven't driven it or my '40 coupe dragger that was done by Valley Custom in '54/55. Should work on the '36 this winter.......:)

23. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

Thanks guys.....Ya, I followed it on Ebay....that's where I got the pix....At the time I was busy at work and didn't know how I could take the time to get it home and all the BS that goes with buying a long distance car.....anyway, It sold for $17500. and I've been kickin' my ass ever since....but I'll build up this one to the same form,....... I gotta have it..........