Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Does anybody else miss Hotrodladycrusr's "adventure" threads?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earl schieb, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Maybe it's just me......:(
    It's something that's been "missing" from the HAMB lately.....:(:(..for me anyway....

I know, it's a lot of time/trouble. BUT, "I" and a lot of other people REALLY enjoyed the pictures and stories. And when Megan(chevygirlrox) added her two cents.....hell, y'all were hittin' your stride:cool: ! Best thing in my little world since Tech Weeks and Friday night read(sadly gone as well:()

Denise, if I'm outta line, lemme know and I'll burn this post:eek:

And I AIN'T tryin to kiss up or anything---true, she's my friend for life---but I haven't seen or talked to Denise since Cinematic(MAN, that was a GOOD weekend! and I didn't take ANY pics....)

Anybody else feel this way.....or am I just drunk talkin' again?

2. silent rick

silent rick

hey mike, i think she posts them to her albums on her profile. she does do an outstanding job on reporting to all of us unfortunate to attend the events.

3. I think i have read every one of them. very cool posts.

4. Brandi

Brandi

Agreed!

Of course, now I'm just lobbying to be part of the adventures!

5. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Yeah, now we gotta go look for them. I think she's working on a thrill of the chase angle.

Vance

6. Yes, I miss them. But I do respect that she need's some time for everyday family and friends. Those threads take a lot of work, I think she is an asset to the HAMB and most of us will take her anyway we can get her event coverage or not.

CBB

7. candyman

candyman

I remember her first post.... what a great person to contribute to the HAMB. Some people have a knack for putting real life into words... those people are VALUABLE.

8. "here we are eating"
    "here I am getting gas..."
    "here I am with...."
    "here we are singing songs at the BBQ..." John Jacob jingleheimer Smith....that's my name too!
    blah blah blah!!!

ha ha ha!!! You know i'm just messing with you Denise!!!
    Hell yea,I miss the "Adventures of Denise and Megan". They ROCKED! I'm hoping you guys are coming back next year for the GNRS!!! I'll buy both of you breakfast!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  9. ratman

ratman

Bob you should change your door graphics to "BOB THE KNOB"

10. She knows i'm just pulling her leg! Maybe you didn't read the whole post? We are real good friends...I would NEVER say anything bad about Denise or Megan...They razed me about talking SO MUCH! lol!!!!
    Like my gandpa used to say,
    "Don't stir the pot if you don't know what's cooking..."

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Yes I miss them too..and havent seen her since BilletProof. My daughter has been asking about her also..I told her shes taking a break..we all need a vacation..and a break from the madness even if the madness is what drives us..its still hard to pack it all in family , friends events and wrenching, building and dreaming,. theres only so many hours in a day. There have to be those times to stop and smell the roses..and this is her time.

12. ratman

ratman

Hi Bob, I'm just taking the piss while smiling :)

I does raise the problem with posts or emails though. Sometimes its tough to figure wether or not troubles a brewing.

Thanks for your posts and pics while i'm at it.

13. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

The most entertaining times I have on the HAMB are reading their threads. They have the knack of allowing you to be part of their adventures. It's like being there. I don't know what Denise does for a living, but she could be a Photo/Journalist and not have to worry about keeping her day job. Bonnieville is fast approaching so there will be some good reading in awhile.
    Oh, that turquoise coupe Megan is standing in front of, sure is one sweet looking little ride. Looks a lot better with all the primer painted.

14. Can't wait for the "Hotrodladycrusr with a little salt" thread!!! She takes great pic's too!!! Who can forget the pic of Megan and the pancakes!!!!

That blue Coupe used to belong to 5wBomber. He recently sold it. He drove it all the way from Solvang to meet us for breakfast at 7AM!,before the GNRS last year.

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I miss her tech tips :rolleyes:

16. wvenfield

wvenfield

I mentioned on her last photo post (or at least the last I saw) that I missed her play by play write up.

17. She should write a column for Rod and Custom!

18. Crestliner

Crestliner

I miss them as probably 95% of the HAMB does. I'm sure its alot of work and requires hours of her time, but damm we need it.

19. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I just miss her....

And that blonde side kick, too. :)

(don't tell my wife)

20. Blonde side kick! ha ha ha!!!!! Yea,Megan's awesome!!!! And they love their cars...

21. If it takes kissing up to make it happen, let the kissing begin. XXXXXXXXXX

22. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

i do.
    i miss her stories and her pics.
    she always does an excellent job of covering her adventures with pics. and a good stories.

23. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Jeez, you guys make it sound like she died or something, maybe she hasn't been anywhere exciting lately, after all I'm sure she has to work once in a while! The problem is she has spoiled us all with the great storys. Guess what guys, we are all capable of writing similar adventure stories.

24. I try to add a little something to my event coverage when I go to something,but I can't come close to Denises verbage....

25. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

ditto here, i miss it. i dont have a cool car anymore and i dont go to many shows cause they are all quite a drive and im a broke joke right now. so reading there stories and seeing the pictures makes me feel all warm inside.

i know it was cutting into her friends and family time which sucks but i still miss the stories.

26. Bilko-1949

Bilko-1949
    1. GMB

Yep, it sure does feel different around here with out those two filling us in on the shows!!!!! I do also respect they need time for family and other friends but I do truly enjoy the event coverage.

27. you betcha , denise is a great reporter..:D

28. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Yes she does a great job. Its nice to be able to put a face with the names of differnt people on the Hamb.

29. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Denise has always liked to travel and meet folks. I knew Denise before we both joined the HAMB. Same for Vicky and Slick 50. Here we are at ... where else but a Bar-B-Que place ... near my home. This had to be 7 or 8 years ago. Look and you can see Denise, Ken and Vicky. I am there and another Hamber that lurks a good bit ... A-Bone :)

I had called a few of my local 32 Ford friends to come and join in @ the Bar-B-Que place and we had our own cruise night ...

Attached Files:

30. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Perhaps a new offing is in the near future. I believe she is attending an Oldsmobile Owners deal near the Motor City next week. I will be in the area for the Plymouth owners grand national and will be on the lookout for the Topless Cruizer.

There was a mention of cruising Woodward Ave. Might even be a drive by water ballooning of the Olds site by Plymouth afficianados. Maybe wanna keep the top up.....