Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doco - making of the Worlds Fastest Indian

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chebby belair, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Does the US release DVD contain the doco about the making of The Worlds Fastest Indian?

I have come across a copy, only 30 mins but worth watching

2. screwtheman

screwtheman

Yep. It also has the original documentary that inspired the movie if I recall. Also, I think it was this month's Hot Rod that has a really cool photo of when they all gave Burt some "prize money" that first time he was at Bonneville.

Good movie!

3. gowjobs

gowjobs

Not only the "Making of..." documentary, but the original documentary made years ago by the director about Burt Munro as well.

4. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

These extra's are not in the Aussie copy, goddam:mad: :mad: :mad:

5. That was the best movie I have ever seen.

6. abonecoupe31

abonecoupe31
    from Michigan

I got "The World's Fastest Indian" movie last weekend when the local rental guy put up both of his copies for sale...G/F Marilyn said that it drove her nuts...but I've watched it about 4 times so far...

Amazing what a guy can do with minimal equipment....it's a real hot rodding story...

7. Ole don

Ole don

There are a ton of still pictures of when the movie was made at Landracing.com Look around in there to find them, its worth the time. Neat stuff.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I watched it again for the third time just this past Saturday. I can't get enough of that flick.

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I shed a tear.

10. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Geeezz Denise; ONLY THREE! My damn DVD player is just about worn out; I'm up to about TWENTY TIMES!!

Went slowly through the credits and found Vern Tardel and Mike Bishop's names as "ranglers" for the background cars.
    (Vern was chief, Mike was an assistant)
    I had received an invitation from Mike to bring my '41 Ford Stake Bed down to be in the movie; but the timing wasn't in the "cards," - would have been neat though!!

One interesting note: In HOT ROD magazine, they had a picture of the REAL Burt Munro his first time at the "salt."
    (but I think Anthony Hopkins did a real good job of the part)
    Seems he used an old Econoline van to tow his bike to the "flats" from LA rather than a 4 door Chev.

What "blows me away" is the fact, (unless I missed something this year) that Burt Munro STILL holds the 1000 cc Streamliner Bike Record!

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well considering I don't even own a copy of it myself, or a DVD players that works well, I thought I was doing pretty good since it just came out 5 months ago.:p Since winter is setting in I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to watch it a few more times between now and Aug.:D Wanna come over and watch it with ME??? I'll make popcorn.;) See ya Aug 10th bud!:cool:

12. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

I bought it for $9.99 at Hy-Vee in one of those Bins-o-movies. I saw it in the theatre too. Very fun to watch. They took some license with it but fun none the less.

Would have been fun to see that live.

13. SimonSez

SimonSez

14. 55olds88

55olds88

15. HeyMang

HeyMang

Here in Seal Beach CA, there was a car show last fall that had a few cars in the movie.. yellow F-100 push truck and a bitchin Ardun Powered streamliner. The owners are well-known and Im BLANKING on who they are.... ????

One of the best movies EVER.....

16. yeah, and IMHO this part is worth buying the DVD for alone, I think i like it more than the movie and I like the movie a lot.

17. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

i second roadstar,the best movie of alltime.

18. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Hummm ... maybe Santa just might have to pay you a visit!!!

Hey, now there's an idea! Maybe I could deliver a copy of the movie ...
    in return for some COOKIES and milk left out for Santa!
    (you COULD skip the milk!! ;) )

You can "bet yer boooties" on that lady!
    Love ya.
    Till we meet again!
    Yer 'ole Canuck buddy.

19. pitman

pitman