Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Doc.jpg
    Kevin @Doc. Huston
    November 25, 1959 - August 1, 2021

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  2. ratster

ratster

RIP Doc. You were one one the good ones.

lothiandon1940, Lil32 and Stogy like this.
  3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh my gosh. I had never seen a picture of Doc.
    He was young.
    Too young. :(

4. 61 way too young. The HAMB has lost a great member. It's an old cliche, but actions speak louder than words. Doc proved that true.

5. Thanks for posting the obituary and the pictures. That helped in giving him some added recognition.

6. Fordors

Fordors

Please do not take this as an indictment of Doc who was taken from us, his extended family on the HAMB, its more of a reminder for all over the age of 45, as now recommended by the health community. Get a colonoscopy if you haven’t already.
    I had been told numerous times since I had turned 50 but never bothered to schedule the procedure. I wasn’t afraid, just never took the time. My cardiologist used to tell me this-“Larry, it’s not a very nice way to die.”
    Finally, when I turned 70 I went and had the examination, nothing to it really, other than what you have to do the day before. My daughter in law had driven me to the hospital and when I got back downstairs I told her that her FIL was almost a perfect asshole, they found just one tiny polyp and told me to come back in ten years.
    Again, no reflection on Doc, his cancer was likely not preventable, but as the saying goes “Just do it!” if you haven’t already.

7. I only met & talked to Doc a few times, he noticed the Norm skull in my Tbird. A couple years later I won another Norm skull at the round up that he donated. Didnt know him well enough to call him a friend although he seemed to be friends with everyone. A very generous ,knowledgeable & friendly man who will be missed. R.I.P. Doc.

catdad49, Lil32 and Stogy like this.
  8. hudson48

hudson48

Hear Hear!! Get checked regularly.At our ages(70+) at least each 5 years. If having both ends done
    (Endoscopy/Colonoscopy) make sure they put the camera into your stomach first and not the other way around:rolleyes:

catdad49, 41 GMC K-18, fauj and 3 others like this.
  9. DocsDaughter

DocsDaughter

My name is Amanda and Doc is my Dad. He loved the H.A.M.B. and everyone in it. I have loved reading the stories being posted about him. I am not near as cool as he was and don’t have the car knowledge he possessed, but wanted to join the board to be close to something he held so dear.

597ACEF7-54A6-4F19-AE77-73423B4EACB6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2021
  10. twenty8

twenty8

Welcome aboard.
    If there is anything you and your family need at the moment, I can assure you that there are folks here ready and willing to help out if they can. Just let us know. It's that kind of place.

11. trollst

trollst

Welcome Amanda, its not about being cool, it's about being part of this family, your dad just held an esteemed position, I'm sure you will too, welcome aboard. (we are the coolest guys-girls on the planet)

12. I'm not clear why this bothers me so much, then again I do know why. Even though my encounters with Doc were hit and miss, they were always treasured. He was gifted with an ability to make you feel like you were special to him, and that made him special. I read his obituary with tears today, knowing I'll never "bump into" him at Roundup or wherever, and I selfishly feel a loss. Kevin hired me to haul the Finkosel from Detroit to his house, compensated me excessively, and treated me like family. Conversation into the night, as he shared his collection and his thoughts, it was a rich evening. Everything about him was approached with 110% determination-- he really inspired me. I can't come close to imagining the feeling of loss within his family. The world was a damn sight better with him in it. He definitely raised the bar. Rest peacefully my friend.

13. beegator

beegator

Welcome to HAMB Amanda. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I never met DOC but I wish our paths would have crossed. I spent more than half my life working in medical research. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. This is a great group of hard working guys and gals.

catdad49, Lil32, 41 GMC K-18 and 5 others like this.
  14. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Hello Amanda I am so sorry for you loss.. Doc was well loved and a great guy. I am proud to have known him.. RIP Doc

catdad49, Lil32, Jeff Norwell and 5 others like this.
  15. echo ed

echo ed
    from fla.

There is not much for me to add that hasn't been said already, I didn't know "Doc", but through your stories & pictures understood he was a wonderful person, that did make our world a bit better place that will be poorer without him. My thoughts are with his family.

HOTRODPRIMER and catdad49 like this.
  16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. Hi Amanda.
    You hang out here with us all you want. Sincerely honored.

17. Glad you're here, Amanda.

18. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amanda, I like many here on the HAMB never met your dad but he was definitely one of the good guys. You and your family are in all of our thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately the good always seem to leave us way too early. Know that he is a better place and is memory will live on forever.

19. HotRod33

HotRod33

Amanda.... Glad to have you here on the board... Your Dad will be missed but the memories will never go way...

20. Lil32

Lil32

Amanda,
    welcome from the Aussie Hambers

21. AHotRod

AHotRod

We are Family Amanda

22. catdad49

catdad49

Welcome, Amanda! We should All try to be more like your Dad, he packed a lot of living into a relativity short time and planted seeds of kindness wherever he went. Those seeds will grow and become fruit, All from One Special Person.

23. Welcome Amanda, It is a pleasure to have you stop by, No one knows better than your family how special your dad was, he was highly though of here and he was always willing to help in any way he could.

I visited the obituary and watched the slide show in it's entirety, there was no doubt he loved his family and I saw a few photo's with the red hamb cap & some Hamb tee's.

My condolences to you and the entire family. Danny ( HRP)

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN, 41 GMC K-18 and 5 others like this.
  24. DocsDaughter

DocsDaughter

Thank you. He absolutely loved his family. He also loved the H.A.M.B. and everyone in it. My uncle put Dads plaque on his casket. Y’all were his family too.

Attached Files:

25. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

How awesome is that?? Pretty moving :)

26. REKT

REKT

This should be an introduction post but I figure I’ll post it here. Doc. is my uncle. I’m Amanda’s cousin though we are more like brother and sister. We’ve always been a close family and don’t know how we will ever recover with the loss of my uncle. He was really the glue that kept us all together. When my uncle got sick I decided to read all his post on the HAMB. It was awesome to get to see another side of him. See, my uncle was very secretive when it came to good deeds. He would never brag or even mention when he helped someone out. Reading his timeline on the HAMB really made me feel apart of his story and even closer to him. I look forward to one day attending a roundup and meeting some of the people that my uncle called family. I inherited his 33 Ford Tudor and the thunder pig. So now I’m family too.

Attached Files:

27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome @DocsDaughter and @REKT you are carrying Doc's Spirit forward...good on you both...a difficult and moving time mixed with carrying the Torch onward while remembering the Legacy of this incredible man and Hamber...thoughts and thanks to both of you...;)

28. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

So sorry to read this.
    Doc paid for the body Fitzee and I (along with about 10,000 others!) turned into "HAMBAndy"s Hot Rod.
    A very kind thing for someone to do...and here I found that was just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his generous and caring nature.
    What an awesome guy.

I sure hope he and Andy are rolling along together on some heavenly Route 66 and having a blast...as they both truly deserve.

God speed Doc. God speed.

29. twenty8

twenty8

I have a feeling you will all be ok. With people like Doc, some of it always rubs off onto those around them.

REKT, Stogy, williebill and 2 others like this.
  30. catdad49

catdad49

Welcome, REKT!

REKT, Stogy, DocsDaughter and 2 others like this.