Register now to get rid of these ads!

do your neighbors hate you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERRELL, Jan 2, 2008.

1. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

I have dirt farmers on both sides of me. One Has 30-40 horses right next to my house and 50-75 goats, llammas, chickens, and even 6 or seven imigrants living in travel trailers. They stink and bring so many flies. All on three acres. oNE OF THE IMIGRANTS ACTUALL BURNED DOWN MY OLD SHOP AND GARAGE WITH A F#%* CIGARETTE. Yeah I Hate my neighbor. I get along great with my other neighbor.

2. Abomination

Abomination

Mine hate me, but only because I'm beautiful...

~Jason

3. invizibletouch

invizibletouch
    from Mobile, AL

Probably not liking me too much today as have my 49' body off and the rusty frame in the driveway now. Gonna get it all situated after work today...hopefully. :)

4. Abomination

Abomination

...and a Partridge in a pear tree?

~Jason

Attached Files:

5. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

My neighbors mostly like me. I do free media blasting, welding, and machine work for their various small projects. Sometimes I'll do small chores for elderly neighbors. Only one is a car person, we get along good. Only one jerk, he got old and crazy. He screams at anyone that parks in the street, curses as he cuts the grass, etc. I am very careful to be quiet at night or early morning. I respect my neighbors and all but one respects me, or at least pretends to. As noted by others, there seems to be a lot of macho chest pounding on this thread. Kind of an "I'll be loud and obnoxious, and hate you if you don't like it!" Show respect to get it, folks. It really is that simple. As a result, I never get hassled by the law or neighbors, and I just ignore the pitiful old man, he was actually ok until he got old and losing his marbles. I think all but a few would agree it is better to get along.

6. beatcad

beatcad

when i was lookin' for my house i first decided on mine because of the garage and the yard, but when i discovered that my next door neighbor had 2 drag cars i knew that was the place to be.
    he'll fire his shit up all times of day or night. and i make quite a racket in my garage also.
    we get along famously.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I had this one neighbor that hated me because I walked my dog which happens to be a American Pit Bull Terrier around the neighborhood. He would pull his wife or family off the street when I exercised him (my dog) or my wife and I went for a walk with him. No matter what, he ignored me when I waved or said hello. Then one day I had my garage open as he drove by in his '53 Merc and from now on he waves and beeps his horn everytime he goes by. Now I ignore the asshole when he drived by.:D I just don't have time to deal with people like that.

Other then that, all off my immediate neighbors as well as the rest in the community really like my wife and I (as well as my dog) even though more then likely there are car parts around. They all stop over and see what going on.... maybe a bit more then I would like them too.

8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Upland.
    There's a house for sale 2 over from the guy w/ all the 32's. He races Boneville too. Don't get much better than that. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 3 car garage but backs up to fire station. It's been for sale for awhile & price has dropped like a rock compared to 2 years ago. It's a steal right now.
    No lookers & now they are trying to lease it.

9. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

We get the stares and I'm sure everyone else does! Mine is mostly from running the air compressor and the tools that go with it! Now our neighbors think it's funny to do little things behind our backs like putting their junk in our garbage can and laughing about it.....until they got caught! But some of our neighbors act like your best friend when they see what your working on and how it takes them back to when they were a teen doing this and that and what not. Either way I just wish they would keep to themselves cause we have nothing in common with them, if we did they would be helping!

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

i have the same problem,i have large dogs, and people bitch when i walk em, don't know why,they are on a lease, and if they shit in someones yard i'll bag it up,not because i have to,but because i would expect the same. although if their dog shit in my yard,my lab would find it interesting to stick his nose in,or my beage to roll in.

11. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Ever since I got my Corvair, the older british guy across the street has been asking how it's going along and offering if I need oil or something picked up. He told me the other day he had a Studebaker that he souped up sometime in the 50's..
    The other neighbors like making noise just as much as I do, but I think I already posted about the angry neighbor with the retarded christians association behind us.. They HATE us..

12. 283nova

283nova
    from spokane,wa

just got new next door neighbors friendly as hell invites me over for beer, partakes in out burnout contests out back and has alot of fun. other neighbor never see or hear her. ones behind us dig it also. kinda got lucky i guess.:eek:

13. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

We live in a small neighborhood where I run our metal fab shop out of the garage. I have become the guy that always has tools to help everyone out, a cold beer or the BBQ going with open doors. With that said killing them all with kindness has worked.

14. MERRELL

MERRELL

i cant believe this thread is still going!..

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

new neighbor just moved in at the end of the house where my shop is, so we shall see, he seems like a nice younger guy, at least it's not the redneck with the crackhead son and crackhead ex wife that used to live with him there.

16. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Thanks to everybody keeping this thread going... I will contribute. Behind my shop is a 40 year old alignment shop and a mechanic shop. Next to my shop is a bar... And renting part of my showroom is the world famous Ronnie Byerly Tattoo!!

17. invisibleadam

invisibleadam

My neighbors across the road are into rice burners and pocket bikes. They like loud exhausts and dance music. Every once in a while I lay some rubber in any one of my cast iron carburetted V8 cars (there's a few, none are finished) and remind them how it's supposed to sound. Weeeeeee!

18. Wwildman

Wwildman

my neighbor uses his crane to help me pull motors and Iam helping him to build a 47 chevy . the rest do not care .

19. I have no problems, one neighbour loves cars and the other has alzheimers, he cant remember whether he's pissed off with me or not, so he comes and pokes his head in and introduces himself again on a regular basis, makes for a lot of fun. I never think about whether I am telling the exact truth anymore as it dont really matter to him, hell one day i'm prepping this baby for Bonneville....Next ahh vintage Nascar, then its a drag racer, it used to belong to JFK before it was imported from the USA.....He's just happy to have a chat and theres no harm done.......And the next day its all brand new again, keeps life exciting....:rolleyes:

20. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

My neighbor just built a half million dollar home on the hill next to me and put his drive way on the other side of the fence beside my house.....I know he enjoys the scenary when he drives by....my fence row is a 49 Plymouth,2 chevrolet trucks and a rambler wagon and lots of parts. Who needs a privacy fence

21. We just got a letter from the town advising us that the sewage pumping station at the end of our street was going to be updated and that it may interfere with the neighbours at night. The house right next door to the pumping station parties every night late so I was wondering if they might send a letter to the town advising them that the late night parties just might interfere with the workers......

22. carmarket

carmarket

Everyone around me just think I'm nuts.

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im also lucky to have 2 other car guys on my street..one is a 69 or 70's chevelle guy..the other is a 40 Chevy Delux guy..bet you can guess who I have the better relationship with:rolleyes:..
    nahh..I help the guy with the chevelle too..we have comon ground Im also a Muscle Car Guy:cool:

24. eliguzman

eliguzman

its all good in my hood...as long as that little punk 17 yr old in beamer stops running the stop sign...he should be slowing down now since he didnt know that i am friends with his dad. haha fucking punk kids, i know, i know i was once a punk kid. kinda still am.

25. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson
    Alliance Vendor

we live in the country our closest neighbor is 1/8 mile away. he has never said anything to me but has complained to the others in the area about the noise and Motorcycle traffic down our road and how I need to be talked to

26. jnds53

jnds53

27. FNG

FNG
    from New Jersey
    1. HAMB Relays

The couple on the one side of me are pretty cool their quiet and keep to themselves we hang on the fence once in a while and bullshit. They say the new shop doesn't bother them in the least and he offered to help me with the landscaping when I get around t it this guy saved my front lawn and my ass from my wife when I killed it last year.
    The people on the other side have their heads up their asses, walk out of the house and look down at the ground and don't even acknowledge my 5 year old when he waves and says hi. I loaned him my sand blaster 2 years a go and saw it sitting on the side of is garage the other day so I walk over and put it back in my shop to find it's rusted solid and basically a piece of crap now. I have to remember to thank him for that.
    Do they hate me who knows, but I'm sure working on it.

As John Wayne said "Strong Fences make good neighbors"

28. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

I've managed to get mine into therapy two extra days a week. Normaly I would feel bad, but he started it. Karma is a bad thing to mess with. Maybe he will move soon.

29. Abomination

Abomination

Dude... WTF did you do? :eek:

~Jason