Register now to get rid of these ads!

do your neighbors hate you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERRELL, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Last house was condo on the golf course. Gated w/ nosy bastard neighbors & an association.
    Open garage door?
    They fine you.
    Work on your car?
    Fine you.
    Loud exhaust?
    Fine you.
    Park in driveway?
    You know. Fine.
    Every month- we'd get the association payment & the fines were double the dues!

Sold the condo & bought a house.
    Neighbor across street has 3- 32's, one behind me has a T bucket, on corner, another T bucket- next street over, he has about 10 cars, all hot rods.
    Much better.:D

2. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

any of you guys can be my neighbors, no one bothers me here, i rent a pretty good size house but it has property and my shop is way on the other end, plus the apartment attached to the other end is empty. last guy who lived there was a redneck anyway. has anyone thought of starting a subdivision for rodders? kind of like those pesky fancy ones with slightly different rules. put up a dam aircraft hanger as a common work area. :D. then you wouldn't have to worry about bothering your neighbors. some of like the sound of open headers at 6 am.

3. Thanks, my work here is done!:p

4. novadude

novadude

Just explain to them that Patina is the automotive equivilant of the ridiculously overpriced, trendy, beat-to-hell jeans and other worn-looking clothing that they sell at yuppie mall stores like Hollister Co. :D

5. KATFISH

KATFISH

Whaaaaaaaat ?

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I think they like me...they are still friendly, and I really don't make any noise. The only 'troublesome' one left a month ago, she was a major pain in the ass...in the first 3 months she called the cops on us 3 times, 2 for noise and 1 for my car. The noise complaints were for 'wild parties' of 5 people at 7 on a saturday night...no tickets. The one for my car was because I had a 'junker that never moves' (I drive it daily) and the bylaw officer laughed when he came and looked at it. Told her 'this isn't junk, it's classic'

I win :)

7. blown41

blown41

I live in the country. No neighbors!!!!! The kritters don't complain much. In fact, the mosquitoes love me :D

8. drunkrock

drunkrock
    from Long Beach

steve where the hell do you live brother and are there any houses on your street for sale, i have nothing but problems with my neighbors, hes an old sue happy prick...

9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Maybe, they put a for sale sign in their yard yesterday. LOL

10. texascuda

texascuda
    BANNED
    from Dallas, TX

Don't care what my neighbors thinks, I stop working a 9pm so if they have a problem they can pound sand up (well you know)

11. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Neighbors are like the rest of the world, some nice,some not so nice

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

they only hate me when i shit on their front lawn..ive been a good boy lately so im in good with them..for now..
    they are learning ..there slow at it, but their learning.:eek::rolleyes::D

13. Mopar34

Mopar34

Neighbors? Only know a few, closest one is 60 yards away. One works for Harley, another rides a Harley, one is retired and is gone on the weekends in his big ass RV. And the one across the street died last year. Not many to love or hate.:cool:

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I was constantly having to remind one of my neighbors to keep their music turned down. I never could figure out WTF is up with blasting the stereo in a car, when everyone was in the damn house! But knowing that revenge is a dish served cold.... I waited for my time. So, now my T Bucket is done and every now and then, I'd "need" to tune it and test the exhaust pipes while at my house. Yea, he came out and tried to talk shit, but I reminded him of all the times he had ruined my quiet Saturdays. He's chilled out now. So, does he hate me? Maybe, but he respects me too.

15. blackout

blackout

This is the best thread ever

16. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

I had some issues with the homeowner's association over my yard. When I returned from my last extended project of 5 months, to a house that was pretty thoroughly decimated and bordering on uninhabitable (don't date crazy girlfriends, much less allow them to move in with you) and my yard was a wreck, I started getting shit from the president of the homeowner's association. After I had gotten the water back on, I went outside to start mowing my lawn. As I was pulling my mower out of the garage, she walks onto my property and in a snooty voice says "Well, are you going to mow your lawn finally? I knew you could do it". I looked at her, turned off the mower, and pushed it back in the garage. After I got a lawn service to mow the lawn every other week, she got even more naziesque. My house doesn't look bad, but I couldn't be in the garage without her coming by to raise some kind of hell.

I was unloading my parts car into my garage (so it wouldn't be visible) and she raises hell about property values (the car isn't visible). She's bitched about my old work truck (a beat up 95 F-150 that runs and I will absolutely not be getting rid of it). She called the cops because I left my Lincoln (2000) parked across the street from my house on the curb (I had thrown a party the previous evening, and my guests had filled my driveway up).

After I sorted the mess out with the insurance company, I had them tow my Plymouth back to the house (on a friday night). Since I wasn't there when it was dropped off, it sat in my driveway. I spent two days unbolting all of the crushed sheetmetal and getting the car ready to go to the frame shop. When I wasn't working on it, the car was covered (partially to keep the exposed engine dry, and partially to keep the Wicked Witch of the HOA off of my ass. The following Tuesday, I had the car towed to have the frame inspected and straightened. I didn't think it was a big deal. I got a notice two days about how it is against homeowner's association rules to have a inoperable vehicle in the driveway (of course the guy up the block has had a wrecked F150 in his since i moved in and mine was there for three days). It seems this bitch has a hardon for me, and I'm starting to get pissed. So if I can't make this go away, I'm going to go buy 2 or 3 mid 80's pieces of shit that are held together by bondo and duct tape, register them, and leave them parked in front of her house. I think I can have them there for three days and then will have to move them around to avoid having them towed away. Maybe then she'll leave me and my 50 alone.

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The Houston Homeowners Associations are the biggest lot of assholes I have EVER been introduced to! The one in my girls neighborhood (Rice University Village) are the epitome of property nazi's. Tread careful with them, jleavesl, but don't lose your dignity.

Fight the good fight.

18. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

the entire neighborhood hates me. one time i got yelled at for using a screwdriver@$#@!!@#$

19. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

my neighbor punched me for breaking in a motor one afternoon. he went home with a ring shaped burise on his fore head that resembeled the buisness end of a coors light can. the cops showed up and he showed them a video of me doing a burn out and flicking him off. the cops laughed and told me to button up the nois by 11 p.m. did I mention he looks like George Costanza?

20. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I shot 5 of m neighbors and killed them, 2 more to go.

They are groundhogs

Actually my neighbors are so far away they can't hear anything I do.

21. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Been working at my car project for 9 years now in a nice, quite neighborhood.
    Hundreds and hundreds of hours of hammer welding and GRINDING and not ONE complaint - Ever.
    BUT, I always work with the garage doors CLOSED even when its about 150 degrees in the garage and I'd love to have some fresh air, and I don't start making noise before 9am and I quit before 9pm. Plus I keep all my shit out of sight.
    Show your neighbors half an ounce of courtesy and you may be surprised what you can get away with.
    Not trying to start anything here, but there are a whole lot of posts here that show that most of us don't give a damn about those who have to live nearby and that's akin to shitting your own bed.

22. blackout

blackout

Yea me too. I have only one car, I keep it in the garage. I don't open the garage door more than one foot even if it's 100 degrees. I never make noise late at night, or early AM. I keep it on the low. No open headers, no loud music, no parties like some of the guys I'm reading about. I do wish I had a larger property and larger shop. I am the "only" car guy around here. My neighbors kids scream, whine, cry and yell bloody hell virtually every day, the noise they make is insane, and everybody that moves in this area has minimum 2 barking dogs, some have 3 barking dogs. I look foward to moving out of here.

23. How dare you! ;)

24. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

we live in a fixer-upper across the street from a Neighborhood full of McMansions ...

Six 1962 Pontiacs (all having a fair amount of "patina") plus four semi-modern daily drivers in our driveway has to give them ulcers.

So far they haven't called city hall on us as only two of the old cars have plates on 'em... I am building a garage to contain the '62s so hopefully my luck won't run out before it's done!

25. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea
    BANNED

I know I know what a total horses ass.

my old house (the bachelor pad) I had the cops called on me at 1:30 in the afternoon. I was block sanding an old project while listing to Billie Holiday.
    sometimes you can't win

26. jmccall

jmccall
    from Florida

this is a very good idea! funny you mention airplane hangers, because there is a community in my neck of the woods that has just that. airplane hangers. some people say that you have to own an airplane to live there, i'm not sure about that but seems reasonable since all the houses you can see from the road have hangers. Most are disguised as giant garages though. and they of course have a private airstrip. The hot rodders version would have to include a dragstrip instead:cool:

27. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

i think they did till i fixed their car for free(alternator)..... you catch more flies with honey than vinegar...... but you catch the most with a dead squirell

28. blown41

blown41

What exactly were you doing with that screwdriver? :eek:

29. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

They don't hate me, but they'd like me a lot more if my weekend cars ran mufflers.

-Lee
    Atomic Radio
    www.atomicpinup.com

30. Abomination

Abomination

Roadkill. Mailbox. Video camera. Good times! :D

~Jason