Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Do you have security on your garage/shop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I still kick myself in the ass once a week over passing up a couple of shotguns at a show last year. Mossbergs, short and sweet, full stocks for $250 each. With M16 bayonet mounts brazed to the barrels. They were engraved with NEW ENGLAND PRISON SYSTEM on them. Looked hardly used, must have been in the armory pool.

Deuces likes this.
  2. Mossberg 500 are good guns. a 12 guage loaded with buckshot is the most devastating weapon there is at close range. better than any handgun or rifle. You can buy then at pawnshops around here for $100

VANDENPLAS, Deuces and olscrounger like this.
  3. Yup... think amputation at 5 yards or less. Pawn shops don't sell guns in NY by me anyway. I just picked up the shortest 12-gauge semi-auto shot gun on the market, set me back $475 plus tax. This is built like a Remington 1100. I have a Remington TAC14 with the DM870 option, takes a drop-out 6-shell magazine. The 3rd shorty is a Mossberg Shockwave, holds 7 + 1. More if I go with mini-shells, which I have a lot of. I grab them at gun shows like penny candy. Real nasty assed loads are the Winchester PDX1 (buck & ball), Brenneke K.O. slugs and a variety of high velocity slugs. With my longest shotty (22" Mossberg 500 Magpul edition) the noise and recoil is not bad. Go to my 18.5" barrel with the short Hogue stock, it gets louder and more kick. Whip out the Shockwave, the grip makes absorbing the kick better but with the 14" barrel is like a cannon. Every head at the indoor range will turn. Which fills up with smoke fast with me and my lady friend taking up 2 lanes.

Deuces likes this.

4. So.......I guess you will be OK with simply watching the crooks load their truck with your stuff.....or maybe you could even help them.......what's your plan if you are watching a robbery at your place ? Call the cops?.......good luck with that!!

dirty old man and Deuces like this.
  5. trollst

trollst

No....not ok with that, got all nosy neighbours, live up a one way road on a hill side that prevents you from leaving any other way. I also live in a small town where everybody knows who the bad guys are, my shop door is padlocked from the inside, my entrance door is padlocked through two eyebolts that screw all the way into the second stud at the door, windows secured, you gotta go to some real effort to get in, by then you should be noticed. Don't need a gun, other than having a bear on my deck twice.
    Watching a robbery? I think not, a 2X4 looks after anyone brave or stupid enough to do it while I'm home.

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that's enough fellas, lets get back to traditional hot rods and customs.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.