Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Do you have a car that is not for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 15, 2017.

1. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I have a 55 Dodge Custom Royale that I can't sell.......not because of sentimental reasons...but because the wife loves it so much. (she thinks its 'just so cute') Ironic part is.....it's about the only car I own that I actually have people asking me to sell it to them.

els, chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have manyolcars and NONE are for sale. At ANY price. Some guys have told me, "Oh everyone has a price." I say try me. They shut up. If someone gave me $100,000 for my avatar, I would have money and no car. What good is that?
    I could buy another but whats the point of buying one and getting another? Why go to all that effort and get something you know nothing about? I know this car.

I have learned that most people who want to buy my car dont want my car. They think they can sell it for a huge profit. Screw'em

trollst, els, Hombre and 3 others like this.
  3. My 35 and 37 Willys and also my Roadster PU won't be sold. I have had the 37 for over 40 years. JW

els and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I can't count the number of times I've been asked if my coupe was for sale or "could be had"
    I politely say "no" and I will not put a number on it. I will then tell how many coupe owners told me "then I would have to find another one" story when I was looking, wanted one for 50 years so it's not going anywhere.

5. Duellym

Duellym

Yep, I like this stupid piece of junk too much, and with the way it's titled I don't think I could sell it and not get into legal troubles.

[​IMG]

6. Oilguy

Oilguy

This one.

Attached Files:

els, 62hotcat, Flogknaw and 5 others like this.
  7. 29moonshine

29moonshine

my 63 nova conv and my 29 chevy delivery. i will never put a price on. i did that on my 41 chevy chopped top sedan thinking it was way to high. the guy started county money i still miss that car

8. exterminator

exterminator

Both my cars aren't for sale but when I am at cruise night, people will ask me if my car is for sale and when I tell them depends how much they want to offer me -I never get an offer. Hmmmm.

9. A few more OLD pictures. When you say your car's not for sale. It's not that you love the car so much. But it's all the memories that you love and have made with it. The longer I own a car the more valuable is becomes to me. You can't buy those memories. But you can keep making them with it until you sell it. 20170707_062430.jpg 20170511_104708.jpg 20160113_135235.jpg 20160212_052748.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

TFoch, Bowtie Coupe, j-jock and 9 others like this.
  10. exterminator

exterminator

Did you cut the roof off the delivery?

11. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, you pretty much summed it up right there.
    Cool pics!

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I have owned my 40 coupe (avatar car) 54 years and don't plan on selling it.

13. { Exterminator} Yep, with a hacksaw about 40 years ago. I never regret chopping it. I drive it every week. And even sleep in it at rod runs. 20170901_143652.jpg 20170903_124646.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

TFoch, Bowtie Coupe, els and 5 others like this.
  14. TLDLTD

TLDLTD

For the right (giant) sized pile of cash I would sell. Due to sentimental value my family would be pissed if I sold any of my cars or truck though.

Sent from my LG-H636 using Tapatalk

els, Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

20170826_073550.jpg I just got the 55 last month from my cousin, he bought it new 62 years ago. I grew up with it and I am 66. I never wanted a 4 Dr stick 6 55 but I love this one and I will never, ever sell it. You will not believe this, but I bought the 63 from him 27 years ago. He bought it from the original owner out of Virginia at Carlisle about 35 years ago just to sell and decided to keep it for a while until I got it. I guess I have had it to long to sell it now. 20170226_130205.jpg

TFoch, Oilguy, els and 4 others like this.
  16. I always say I'll never sell my coupe but if we're hit with an emergency all bets are off. Not only is it my baby, it's a potential emergency stash. Hope it never comes to that.
    I said the same thing about my 56 Pontiac but when we had a chance to move out of our apartment and into a house with a garage, the Pontiac paid the closing costs on the house. 56poncho.jpg

17. I don't own any cars I won't sell, I only own shitty cars that no one else would buy. :rolleyes:

rjones35, els and fourspeedwagon like this.
  18. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

A '70 convertible I have owned for 35 years. Sold it once - reluctantly - after a man kept bugging me about it. He would call my wife to help (she didn't), so I put a price over twice it's value & after telling my wife "He's crazy!", he paid it a week later. He tried trading it on a new '84 Fiero & they offered $600, he kept it a while then offered it back for $700. It will go to my daughter. I'll eventually sell my '68 BBC coupe (had over 20 yrs), '55 truck (over 23 yrs) & probably the '34 (almost 10) as kids can't/won't keep them up.

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  19. exterminator

exterminator

chryslerfan55, els and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  20. Now I do.

I did have a 57 Ranchero that I drove for almost the entire 1990's. Loved that car. Rebuilt it with my own two hands.

I had a crush on this hippy girl, went vegetarian and got deep into "Zen" for a month or so.

To improve my "Chi", I gave away all the "material things" that were "weighting me down" and "drowning my Karma", (including my Ford, sold it to a kid for just about nothing).

Chick didn't end up diggin' me, and I dropped "Zen" like a hot potato. Went back to eating McDonalds and watching Arnold Swarzenegger movies, (but not in my 57 Ford, unfortunately)

In my defense, she was really freakin' cute.

I'll never do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

21. I go to Places where a Bunch of Car guy's go to throw the Bull
    and there is some guy will start looking at my Merc, checking out
    the Body under the Car & than ask the Question who ownes the
    and I tell them Me
    and than the Q is how Much & I tell its Not 4 Sale
    and they always Come back with Everything is For Sale
    I usually wait four a While like I am Thinking
    and Say 1.4 & they say What & I tell them Million
    and then they Know its Not four Sale
    I have had this Car since 1951 through the Good Times
    and the Bad Times & there is No Way I will get rid of it

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

chryslerfan55, els and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  22. It's a truck actually. IMG_20170817_163635.jpg

23. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

[​IMG]

Not for sale. It's a family car and unrestored. The Truck behind it isn't mine, but the Forester behind it is, and I'll make you a deal on it.

My beater 63 Impala SS is my HS car and not for sale.

My '35 3 window is a pile, but it took me a looong time to find one and is not for sale.

My 69 F250 Camper Special might be for sale, but no one would want that rusty turd and it's useful to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. slowmotion

slowmotion

Oilguy, that is one sharp '62. Great, seldom seen, color combination.
    [​IMG]
    I've had two '62s in my lifetime, a black/red interior Impala, and a red/red Belair bubbletop. Many regrets letting those two slip away.:(:(
    Yours is inspiring to a lifer 62 fan, great job! :D

25. Pops always cracked me up with this one---
    Man to woman: Would you sleep with me for a million dollars?
    Woman: Sure.
    Man: How about for ten dollars?
    Woman: What do you think I am?
    Man: We've already established you're a whore, now we're just haggling over the price.

-------

It sounds good and maybe we're not taking everything into consideration. Twice I've come to the situation where I've had to sell something I didn't think I would ever sell- wife needed surgery and I'd like to continue making memories with her rather than drive our first date car by myself. Not a hesitation. Bam- sold.
    I'm glad that most don't have to make that decision but I don't regret my choice.

Thor1, els, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  26. well for the guy's that Don't know me on here My Wife of 55 years past away & my Son that was taking of me in my time of Need He died a 1 year later which put me in a Tail Spin
    He had Painted my Car Flat Black & he always wanted the Car
    he new its History.
    I bought this Car at a Accident it looked like the Car was a Total Loss
    and I have had it ever Since.

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

27. DSC01367.JPG
    Yep two of em...........

TFoch, els, AHotRod and 3 others like this.
  28. Sue Camp & 56 Vette.JPG My '56 Vette will not be for sale until my estate auction. There is too much history and many memories attached to that car. The picture is from 1971. I had only owned it for 3 years at that point in time.

TFoch, scotty t, els and 3 others like this.
  29. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota