Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do you ever fall "out of love" with your ride during the build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poboyross, Sep 24, 2010.

1. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's worse having TWO cars blown apart at the same time. That's where I am now. I broke my own rule on that one. :D

2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I have fallen in AND out of love with my truck, probably ten times since starting it 5 years ago...
    This last year I missed my timeline, once again, and got very little done, due to several factors.
    I know exactly how it feels...I have gone through a few periods, sometimes MONTHS where I couldn't even stand looking at it. I thought about finding a nicer one to start with. I considered building something else entirely, and scrapping the project altogether...
    Finally, I have settled on finishing it, no matter WHAT. Not out of love, but out of plain frustration, and refusal to concede defeat, and not wanting to have all that time chalked up to a waste.
    I started it out of love, but I'll finish it out of hate...
    I don't even care anymore what fuels the drive, so long as something does...

3. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

After spending a ton of hours finishing the Merc. sled, I got back on the 49 Aero Cp. and kind of hit a wall, just tired of working on it ( I hit 5,000 hours on the Aero, Oct. 14th) just couldn't get my ass in gear.

Sooo I bought another project ( 69 Lincoln Mk 3 ) now that is waiting in line so it seemed to give the energy to get back on the Aero Cp and get it finished so I can get to chopping up the Lincoln.:D

4. I just gagged thinking about that part of the movie :(

Have to think about the blond chick washing the car . . .

I have thought of cheating on my 48 pickup with another car with a solid body - I could throw that built 360 under the work bench in and be on the road in a couple of weeks - then the reality of nowhere to put another car, no money, and probable divorce smacks me in the back of the head :eek: