Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do these hemi valve covers on my SBC look fake?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Plowboy

Plowboy

Well, it was a fun weekend here in the cornfields of Illinois. Jimmy (a friend of yngrodder and I) wanted a new chassis for his A because his was a mess of an original one that was kind of tweaked and stuff. So we took some 2x4 tubing and made him a new one. I was going to do a tech post on it and i only had 2 pictures, one of his original mess and one of his butt crack when he was bending over grinding on something, neither of them are pretty, well maybe the butt crack one, However, I will spare you those. Well we built him a new one and it looked good, so you will just have to take my word on that one. Ha Ha Ha

We had to push some of the rolling stock out of the garage to make some room. This was the first time I had seen the Sea Hag outside with the new tires on the powdercoated wheels with the bed on it. I think it looks OK.

Also the Tommi Gunn Still hasn't found a new owner. I was gonna e-bay it, but I may just slap it together the rest of the way and make a runner out of it since it isn't too far off from it.

Attached Files:

2. Kustm52

Kustm52

Nope, they make your ass look fat...:D

Nice job on the truck.. what size are the tires? 7.00 all around?

Brian

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

Ok, now to get on with the good stuff. I have been sitting in stupid meetings a lot lately listening to lecturers talk about corn and beans. I like to make productive use of my time so I tend to daydream and jot down ideas.

I wanted to build a Cool bubbletop car but out of steel and I wanted it to run. Well, Continental John turned me on to this built 392 Hemi that his buddy had, so I bought it. Rashy brought me this 59 Plymouth Savoy when he came to pick up his El Camino, so I cut it up. The car was kind of rusty, he probably could have saved some time and just shook it over an envelope and mailed it to me. ha Ha ha

Anyhow, I wanted to support some of our HAMB alliance members so as you know, I got the first set of 30X15 Hurst slicks, I also bought a Pete and Jake's drilled and dropped front end from Hot Rod Chassis, and just so all the traditionalists have something to bitch about on my car, I have one of O'Brien's very first set of Disc brakes under Buick drums (I want to be able to whoa this monster once I get it rolling!). I also got a set of front frame rails from my buddy Rick at Macs Ratz so I didn't have to go and buy a zillion dollars worth of hole saws. A new set of Astros is also on its way to my house from Ken at Esajian (SP?) wheels.

Attached Files:

4. Plowboy

Plowboy

Well, I got the ball a rollin' yesterday after some tidying up in the garage.

I have the front frame stuck together and I started sawing on the sheetmetal.

I forgot to add that I dropped some coin on a Posi 9 inch with matching Buick drums on it, not covers, actual drums.

..........and so it begins!

Attached Files:

5. Well I like the Hag all except the new tires n wheels. :D

Ok that was an out n out lie my friend. The hag could get me on the rocks in a heartbeat. great disguise for an ugly old broad. :cool:

Now that other weapon could do the ganster thing right here in KC all ya gotta do is send it down with santa.;)

I'm not gonna say i wash i was closer that's just BS and everyone knows it. Buit i do wish i had the cash, the tommy Gun is so close to done I can feel its breath. Sweet rides bot of 'em.

Now how about that butt crack???

6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

they look just spiffy
    the butt crack too

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Do you ever sleep? All those are looking good.

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Hag is looking good! Oh boy a Savoy! My buddy Buckle's gonna die for this one (he's got a 58). Can't wait to see progress on it, you've been hanging around Dave too much!
    I feel bad for the Tommy Gun, sure wish I had the $$ to take it off your hands, poor thing, no love.....

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

you amaze and frighten me... all at once.

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

10. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Wow, everything looks amazing! nice work. What rear tires are those on the sedan? the pinstripe whites are very very appealing.

11. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

;) You're so gay!
    ;) Do you pull these ideas out of Uranus?
    :cool: You are undeniably a classic.I am in awe.
    :confused: ,Would I turn gay if I channeled a 32-3 window?:eek:

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Nice.

And if you steal that idea I told you about, I'll kill you.

13. monsterflake

monsterflake

you're on your way to 'living legend' status...

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

The tires on the Sea Hag are 600-16 Cokers all the way around.

The rears on the Tommi Gunn are Cokers as well, Firestones for Caddy's I believe.

yo baby, the answer to all of your questions is "yes". ha ha ha

Nads, your secret is safe with me, and I ain't gonna do it.

Monsterflake, you know me, it's all about the fame and the accolades! Ha Ha Ha

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

The HAG looks great from the front or rear, good job, great stance.

The bubble top is very cool so far, unlike your sketch though, I hope the rear is a tad higher than the front! S'gonna be BAD! Does Dave know what you're uptuh?!

16. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Hey Plowboy,

Lovin the rides man. Sea Hag looks sweet all low slung like that. But the bubbletop idea is gonna be sweeeet. I love how you take something that someone would leave to rot and turn it into such a sweet ass ride like that Lander was.

17. Plowboy

Plowboy

Jimmy, I want to have about the same stance as the Beatnik Bandit.

You will have to forgive my drawings, the only art class I ever had was for about 9 weeks my 8th grade year. I got a "C" because the art teacher was also the basketball coach. I didn't play basketball so he had to save all of the "A's" for those guys. I gave up on drawing after that. ha ha ha A failed artist at the age of 14!

We had rotating classes every 9 weeks before freshman year. I only had 9 weeks of shop class too. The shop teacher was the football coach....Ha Ha Ha I did make a nifty frog piggy bank in there, it was wood though. I finally got an "A" when we rotated into home economics, that teacher didn't coach any of our athletic teams and I made a killer batch of Chocolate Chip cookies. I spent the rest of my high school days taking Biology, Spanish, and Chemistry classes.

Oh, and Dave knows very well what is going on as I talk to him almost daily, do you think we should have a race? Ha Ha Ha

18. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

We can tell you are moving up the rung of gold chainers when you have a poly mock up motor ;) But seriously why do I envision this one blowing the lunar lander out of the water... said it before, I'll say it again...you've got vision!

Bill

19. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Aaron, I like your style, I like the powder coat on the wheels. What size are the wheels? Your not even gonna show us the finished frame pic?? or the ass crack?

20. The Black Rob Dobbs

The Black Rob Dobbs
    from Alaska

Which one is the sea hag and which one is the tommie gun?

21. Assdragger

Assdragger

I`ll check back in a week or two, I`m sure they`ll all be done by then!

22. synthsis

synthsis

the Tommi Gunn is the Plymouth with no motor and a grille shell.

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I suprised the sketches are as good as they are! Not bad for a corn farmer. ;) hahaha

Looks cool, just like I pictured when you were telling about it.

24. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Can I live with you and be your apprentice? I want to learn how to make cool cars too.

25. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Awesome!!!!
    Those Mopar Butts Just Drive Me Nuts!!!
    Ho Ho Ho!!
    Cody

26. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Fags... buncha damn listless hoodlums.

go find a hobby and stop destroying all this old tin for god sake

27. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

You've got a great eye for a guy with next to no artistic talent!

28. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Hag is looooooooking good. Now, I'd suggest you create a dud next. Why? If you keep up what your doing someone is going to kidnap you and hold you for ransom. No one here is going to pay so you'll be up shit creek. Take my advice and save yourself the grief. Besides,doesn't hogging the limelight get old afterwhile?:rolleyes: ;)

Frank

29. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i'll pay his ransom, but only if i get to play house with him after

:D

in all seriousness Aaron, your vision is simply amazing. watch out, cause the history books are waiting for you man. :cool:

30. arkracing

arkracing

Can't just do 1 @ a time can you.

In all seriousness they both look great.

What is your real day job??? - seriously (no "pole smoker" or whatever crazy idea pops into your brain). How the heck do you have time to do all this? and your wife doesn't care?