Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do these headers look funny?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Dec 4, 2010.

1. I built a set of headers for my roadster today, but I dunno, I think they look funny. Is it just me or do they actually look weird? Their only tacked right now, so I can easily change them, and I havent started on the other side yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Honestly looks like an altered of gasser type header. Great if your doing a 60's street/strip car...but then again I dought they would run a flathead :D

3. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

The inner pipe was run to clear steering.......it would almost be way gnarly if you could get it and the first to curl around each other a little more and then into the 3rd.

Unless you want to go with something real linear?

4. fuction over form...old way of rodding....but ya gotta like lookin at em...when ya own it....don't look bad from my puter........

5. Sorrym they look too 60s for me.

6. Yea i think their a little too 60's style also.

Originally I was going to run flex pipe, real 40's style, but the pipe wouldn't flex enough to clear the steering box.

Here is another pic

[​IMG]

7. F&J

F&J

Reminds me of fenderwell headers.

You have a lot of cool old parts on that car, so it kinda steals your attention...?

Best I can say.

8. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

The center pipe gets lost and not seen at a few angles .. nothing wrong with it but personally I do not like it.

9. Hack em off a little higher and flow them into one solid pipe that bends right under the cowl and heads strait back next to the frame.

10. 69tincanfairlane

69tincanfairlane
    from UYA

I don't think they look funny...

The length is good and they dump down nice... like fenderwell headers do. Will look better fully welded and coated when finished of course. I could see them coated white... just my opinion.:)

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Maybe a lakes style?

12. Never really liked the look of lakes headers, and their way overdone and sound funny too me. I do like chris's idea though.

13. Yes! Look at Bishops Old Bluey. I think they would work with full sidepipes

14. shop teacher

shop teacher

Kidd- I have to disagree with most, I think that they are perfect for our 35 Ford pickup project.If your not going to use them, maybe we can work out a deal. I am the shop teacher at Bloomington Kennedy High School in Minnesota (by the mall of America) Please email or call me 952-681-5000 (work) 651-458-3151 (home) Thanks, Bill

15. Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

Cut 2 or 3 inches off the end and I think they'd look fine.

16. That's a great looking roadster. I don't think those pipes fit the look for that particular car though. I do like them on their own however.

17. They look great just slash cut the ends parallel with the floor , level both ways and your done. Rob

18. Exactly what I was thinking, they don't suit the car. Well that settles it, tomorrow their getting hacked up haha.

I do like the headers on ol' bluey, but I just hate the echo sound they make.

Well I got all night to think about it.

19. ironpile

ironpile

It`s yours,do what you like, never let anyone judge your tastes. Different is goooooooood.

20. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I don't like uncollected headers unless it on a blown fuel application. Bring them together a little higher, put a collector on and run them along the frame rails with a turnout. Done!!!

Frank

21. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

they are going to blow dirt and dead leaves and junk everywhere including places you dont want dirt

22. Your inquiring suggests..:(
    My 2c?- You gotta nice '40's thing going with that car.

I drew this in response-

Attached Files:

23. F&J

F&J

^ nice design and artwork

24. You drew that just for me? Awwe shucks, you to nice...:D
    I really like it though! I think that will be my plan for tomorrow!

25. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Layout of the headers aside, larger radius bends would be more pleasing to the eye, and couldn't hurt function either.

26. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Not my cup of tea ,But they are ok /They dont look funny .

27. jaxx

jaxx

I like the look - Old skool and not off the shelf

28. flthd

flthd

Yea I like em. I think they look right. Gonna make my own also.

29. brad chevy

brad chevy

Don"t look funny but if you really liked them you wouldn"t be asking,they just don"t look right on the car.