Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do ou feel your car "fits" like you want it to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rainh8r, Apr 8, 2011.

1. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

well, while my 61 F-100 is still far from complete, I believe it will fit me just as I have envisioned it will. Since I'm bulding it, it will fit like a custom made suit and I also believe it will reflect my personailty.

2. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

My 57 completely fits me...Im glad ive learned through my brothers mistakes of selling cars that he shouldve kept, ive seen him go through alot of cars and sometimes even the same years and it doesnt feel the same its weird kinda like the cars have their own personality and soul hah...Thats why id never sell my car because i just feel such a weird bond and love for it

3. Well I bought my car a long time ago. It was an old show car. i updated the drive train and suspension as well as the brakes and it became part of me. I rolled it and it almost killed me so it sat tore up in the garage for 24 years. I started to redo it in 05 and yes it fits me !

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've got 3 and two of them fit in every way. The 3rd (my Austin gasser) fits my personality, and I love it, but it's pretty cramped inside for space. Not much I can do about that; it is what it is.

5. reefer

reefer

good post, ...I have a stock 32 roadster and it`s horrible..it is small and cramped and drives like an old cart...I had a `40 coupe a few years back and that car was comfy and handled like a sportscar..more through luck than design..just fitted what parts came to hand....I wish i knew how to upload video, because I have some great footage of it hammering through the country lanes.

6. oldpaint

oldpaint

My 56 has the fit and leg room I like. I have different seats in it that also make it comfortable.

My 40 chevy coupe does'nt have the fit. I have reworked the pedals and they are better, but I need to find a different seat. I am looking for more leg room and the seats are hitting the rear deck of the business coupe.

7. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I got like 6 cars and six personalities. So they all fit at some time or another. If it doesnt fit at least a couple times a year, it should go.

8. SlamIam

SlamIam

Yes, but it took lots of work. The F1 fits comfortably now after rebuilding the stock seat, moving the steering column left 2 inches and flattenening its angle, and moving the brake and accelerator pedals farther apart. Tried lots of seats before I realized I liked the stock one best. The truck has the stance and overall look I want, handles well, and draws lots of positive comments. Just don't see many 51-52 F1's on the road, and the guys driving AD's always give it a real good look. Can't wait to see it painted with the upholstery done.

9. Brandi

Brandi

Yup! First order of business when I got the roadster? Yank that big ole glide barcalounger out of there and build a seat that fits ME. I can ride for hours in my roadster with an issue. This winter I've moved the steering column down and back and it's even more comfy.

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Funny, the car fitting the owner/builder, meaning comfort and placement of controls, doesn't seem to be at the top of the list for many until car #2 or #3 maybe.
    Having a seat that sits right, steering wheel and pedals in comfortable reach and position, combined with a suspension that really works and has shocks makes even the little T buckets driveable for 500 miles a day on a long trip.

11. Gigantor

Gigantor

Because I want my Model A to fit me (and at almost 7 feet tall, that's quite an undertaking) I am in the middle of a serious mental debate on the best way to achieve the most comfortable fit while maintaing those perfect proportions...
    But if I have to drive with my knees around my ears to do it, dammit, I'm gonna do it...

12. WOW ... almost 7 ft tall and Model A in the same sentence, now THAT is unusual. In all seriousness, the only way I can imagine that working is by starting with a Tudor being that you can move the seat way back.

13. Muttley

Muttley

I think most of you guys are missing the point of this thread. The OP wasnt talking about physically fitting in your car but more about do you suffer from car clash.........like a dude in a cowboy hat driving a Civic.

14. badlefihand

badlefihand

Not done.Hope I fit the car. Nothing else did.

15. vegas

vegas

That's funny!! ^^

I guess in that case, my coupe fits me just fine, but physically, it is a bitch to see traffic lights! :D

16. My Tub fits me to a T since I built the seat and interior for me. The car goes and goes much like I do, and it is reliable as one could hope.

My Chevy II is a bit loud and fast. It taps my "other" personality when I drive it because it is kind of racey and I fabbed the seat to fit me even better for smokey burnouts.

In the summer months, my hot rods are my daily drivers and fit more than any other car. No doubt

I change my cars to continue to fit me as I go. Interior work for each is in the works.

17. Now my '33 coupe project fits my Hot Rod personality and desire. I am lucky to have three rides that "fit."

18. Gigantor

Gigantor

Now that Muttley has shown me the light, I totally see the point of the question now...

I think some of it comes down to pure vanity.

I'm a greasy, grimy car guy and I drive a big old rugged and thirsty truck as a daily while I work on my roadster. Since gas went up 80 cents a gallon in the space of a month, I'm coming to realize that if I want to keep pumping money into my car, I have got to slow down on how much money I pump into my truck's tank.

The search for a cheap, gas efficient beater has begun in earnest and as much as a little rice burner that gets 30-40 mpg appeals to the fiscally responsible angel on my shoulder, the bad-ass devil with the sideburns on my other shoulder tells me there's no way in hell he'll be seen rolling in something with 4 lug nuts per wheel and the personality and aesthetic appeal of a soda can.

I suppose that's a case of me not fitting the car... and not the other way around...

... but I imagine leg room will still be an issue! :D:p

19. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

My car fits me just great. It drives awesome with a big old motor in her . Its a work in progress but always puts a smile on anytime I get near her.

20. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I have a bit to go yet.Have alot of mentors .Bud,Paul,Andy etc. Nothing like a a little ride to clear the head.I think this car is me.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, I feel Big Olds "fits" me like no other car possibly could. It's uncanny how I feel like one with that car driving thousands and thousands of miles each summer and yet I still want to spend more time in that car just driving around. I can't get enough.

22. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

my trucks channelled about afoot sets 4 1/2 inches off the ground drags everywhere we go Its loud cramped and about the most fun I've ever had.Yeah I'd say it fits me perfect.

23. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

I aggree with Double Cad all the way. Anytime i drive the cadillac its just perfect, everything looks/sounds/smells right.
    And being that it has a ride quality that is ridiculously good compared to my two other dailys. It feels perfect too.

24. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

my old 52 ford, kinda.. 34 5 window chevy, it was fun, but im 6'3".. 62 galaxie, nice ride, but not my style.. 60 2dr falcon wagon.. fit me great, but my kids are gettin my heigth, so it didnt fit the fam.. The 48 2dr fleetmaster im workin on now fits us great in the garage.. Havent takin her down the road yet, but my gut says she's the one!!!

25. havi

havi

LMAO, well, my KB2 still stands. :D I dare to be different, and like the not so ordinary.

26. roughneck424

roughneck424

Even if they missed the point,it's still a good thread no matter what type of fit were talking about.
    I know I use to fit in a 55 Chevy a lot better. In fact in High School I could get me and 4-5 guys and a case beer in there. Or get in the back seat in a flash when the need arose:)
    Now 30 years of beer drinking and cheese burgers later. I don't fit so well?

27. Weasel

Weasel

I just listen to the voices in my head and they tell me which one to drive....

28. SlamIam

SlamIam

Car Clash? I missed that for sure. My F1 and I were both born the same year, been through many scrapes, picked up lots of dents, are a little ragged around the edges, and look pretty fat in front. In bare metal the truck is also the color of my rapidly thinning hair. Is it a match?

Last week on McKinley near Fresno High I saw a new VW Bug convertible with the top down coming the other way. As it approached I saw the driver was a Nun in full habit, and as she passed I also saw she was smiling, very pretty, and very young. It made quite a picture and would have made a great VW commercial.

29. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Most of my cars fit me, but the '97 Saturn I have seems tailor-made. The other cars and truck are my style, and fit nice. The Saturn I wear like a fine suit.
    I swear, whoever designed the interior was a 6'2" 200lb guy like me.

30. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I suit my T bucket. Just feel at home in it and I cant get the grin off my face when driving it.

My T coupe is different. Has a late 50s early 60s east coast feel to it an I hate it. Had a 70s retro feel to it when I got it (tyres out past the guards etc) and I loved it but couldnt get it legal here in New Zealand.

Every time I drive it I get out and look at it and think I could build a new chassis and make it like the tim Condor built T coupe. Then it would suit me forever.

My 37 Nash project has been on again & off again for 15 years. I guess it doesnt really suit me either or it would be done by now.

And my new FED project will suit me. I sit in the shed and admire it even tho its only a bare chassis so far.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011