Register now to get rid of these ads!

~do not buy last refuge!!!~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OCTANE ORPHAN, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 29paul

29paul

I got a RPU body and bed almost four years ago.Same old shit

2. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

We have delivered over 100 RPUs since then. Many happy customers and a few bitter Hombres here.

3. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Do you think that they might be bitter because you never delivered product as promised and kept their money.
    That would be enough to make anyone bitter.
    At least not all of them have taken you to court-yet.

4. Come on Norb, just send the guy his stuff - problem solved!! Especially if it's paid for in advance. And as an added bonus, one less bitter Hombre!!

5. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

How many tailgates and windshields have you delivered in the last 10 months? How about frames? Here's a hint, if the answer is more than "0" you are doing something wrong. You don't just take someones money and make them wait damn near a YEAR for their order. I own a small business, I sell a product, I know how it goes. Shit happens, I know, but 10 months? That's weak. How about instead of spending your time and money developing a new product, you focus on delivering the product you're been paid for that has yet to be delivered.

6. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

We are just that far behind, I know it sucks and we are making progress everyday to get caught up. Serious mistakes were made and we are climbing out of a deep hole. I am not second guessing my decisions and will live with the results. Believe me we are on a fast track to resolve these problems. You haters need to find some peace, I cant give it to you.

7. You called them (or me) haters because they want what they paid you for in advance? Just ship them what they paid for, problem solved. I was a customer of yours when you first started out and I was disappointed in the quality of the box you sent me. You allowed me to return it for a full refund and I applauded you for that and gave you a positive feedback on Ebay. I think you are trying, but your first priority should be to take care of those paid orders, nothing else!

8. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I WAS looking at ordering a cab from them, thank you guys for shedding light on their shitty ass customer service. WOW! Come on. Give the people what they paid for or refund their money! Sounds like there is alot deeper issue than just being "behind".

9. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Thus post needs to go to sleep

10. agreed

11. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Its just that easy.

12. sigfordjoe

sigfordjoe
    from Michigan

Lets see, order a body, bed, or frame based on advertised promises. Send all the money up front to a PO box, no credit cards please and listen to lie after lie until hopefully you get your order. Please tell me what part of this is the customer's fault?

I happen to be one of those customers, and after nine months of waiting and listening to numerous excuses and thinking I was out five grand, I finally got my parts. I can't complain about the price, the quality is another issue, but if Norb would have been honest from the get go i would have passed.

What Norb needs to know is when people are trusting and they are deceived its hard to except.

13. No, it is best at the top so folks will see how big of loser this guy is.

It is not just the people he has stiffed, it is also about the future customers when talking customer service. One of which I will not be, and I NEED a pickup bed. My money will go elsewhere.

14. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

I agree with Tman. The H.A.M.B. has become a VERY powerful advertising tool (even if it is negative in this case) that warns our brothers and sisters of people and/or companies that don't say or do what they say they will.

15. I need many things for my dads pickup, but NONE of them will come from this guy.... no matter how "good" a deal it seems.

Apparently not everyone got the same "man of your word" lecture my dad gave me.

16. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

how long of a wait is there for this same thing coming from anyone else? just wondering...

17. allengator

allengator
    from Keller, TX

OK... no dog in this fight either...

BUT... You cant handle the work you have, but you have time to R&D a new product??

HONEST ADVICE... hire a business manager...
    Obviously you care about your product and your customers, just are in over your head... hire someone to run the business aspect and then you can do what you do best. It seems your prices are great (by reports here) and could support a SLIGHT increase in order hire the help you need...

18. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

I'm not going anywhere!! I will keep trying to resolve late issues etc. and eventually with Gods help I will figure it out. Dont assume I am happy with being a dissapointment, I have a big hole to climb out of. You can pile on if you want, we can take it.

19. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

That needs to be bigger.

Just think. The way things are going you'll eventually have enough time to do whatever you want. Of course you wont have any customers...

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I'm not involved in this at all just here for the fight. [​IMG]

21. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Cant stand still the only way to survive and fix the problems is to remain strong, A weak company would quit and thats not me.

22. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

I am not fighting , I just care enough about you guys to discuss it with you. The one thing I cant seem to get across is how deep we were in the hole and how much we are doing to getting out. Hurt feelings are hard to cure and I can only hope that getting the orders filled with great product in a timely manner and a great price will eventually cure this situation.

23. Norb,

What would happen if YOUR suppliers delivered 6 - 9 months late for your raw materials?

I worked for my father while he owned and ran a 20-30 person Architecture/Engineering firm for a couple decades. His "policy" was that if he didn't have a timeslot open for the work he didn't take or bid the design contract. To him it was too easy to take in every job that called or walked through the door and bid everything that came along but he knew that would bury the firm, burn his clients and run his talented employees into the ground.

Are you taking new orders? Are you upfront with new customers regarding the delivery dates averaging 6 - 9 months out?

You keep mentioning the "hole" your in, have you put down the shovel yet?

24. sigfordjoe

sigfordjoe
    from Michigan

Norb,

No matter how hard you work at trying to build your business, you will not get there by leaving a pile of unhappy customers in your wake.

25. mj40's

mj40's

Ok, let's try to be honest here! If I were to buy the 40 pickup bed you have on Ebay right now, is it in stock today and how soon would it be at my door step?????
    Your answer will determine if I am a buyer but then again how will I know if you are being up front and honest? It’s your hole not ours to fix for you.

26. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Oh I know, but the thread is deteriorating rapidly

27. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

And then he tells you about all of the new customers he has and the new products he's working on...

he has time for more customers and designing new stuff, and you are an afterthought.

I understand thinking ahead and designing new pieces to keep a fresh product in mind... but making sure previous customers are taken care of is more important IMHO

28. Piewagn

Piewagn

Love this quote!! Can I use it??

29. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

perfect example of the orders being a year late, and all the supplies coming in whenever, and parts going out whenever, or when we have the parts,materials, are there and not laid off, not having problems with suppliers, or government regulations, = the small airplane industry.

30. Have at it! I'm sure when my dad stole it from somewhere before he asked me the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.