Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Do 32-34 Ford Pickups get roof welting or gasket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HardcoreZ28, Jun 26, 2020.

  1. HardcoreZ28
    Joined: Feb 24, 2010
    Posts: 90


    Going to be bolting a new roof onto my 34 soon and I'd assume something needs to go between the roof and rear panel and front posts to seal out water? What did they use originally and is there an even better modern method?

    Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app
  2. Pete Eastwood
    Joined: Jul 27, 2011
    Posts: 913

    Pete Eastwood
    from california

    It's a very , very thin webbing . I think it was more to prevent squeaks .
    Maybe a little silicone .
    I just bolted mine on , there is a an overhang lip that should keep most of the water out .
    HardcoreZ28 and Max Gearhead like this.
  3. Mine had a tar paper like gasket. I used left over windshield setting tape between mine when I put it back together.
    Max Gearhead and HardcoreZ28 like this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

  4. krylon32
    Joined: Jan 29, 2006
    Posts: 6,284

    Alliance Vendor
    from Nebraska

    I've done 4 32/33 pickups and I would describe the material between the roof and body as looking like thick friction tape?
    Max Gearhead, HardcoreZ28 and 56don like this.

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2020 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.