Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dmv help needed in pennsylvania

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by emiliedk, Feb 15, 2011.

1. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

I need some help!
    i had a 57 corvette for some years..never drove the car! but i sold it, and realized that the original title is missing! i know i had it, but its gone!
    i do have a nice copy of it, and hoped that the local DMV was okay with that..but no!
    they want the PA Dmv to confirm, that the car actually was sold, and exported.
    the copy shows clearly a stamp, that says exported..but to these people this is not good enough!
    i tried to email several times, but no respons!
    please someone help me out! PM me if you know what to do! if someone spend time in helping me, i will pay them there time!
    thanks
    -Palle

2. noboD

noboD

Are you saying you are the last legal owner of the car? In Pennsylvania or elsewhere? You can get a duplicate title from Pa. if you are the legal owner. Not sure how you are going to explain living in Denmark.And you don't want to admit to PennDOT you sold the car without a title.

3. Sounds like Palle exported the Vette from Denmark to PA. Now the Danish govt want road tax or want him to insure the thing or otherwise he gets fined. Right ?? Same thing happens here regarding road tax and insurance.

4. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

sorry guys! i didnt mention, that the car is exported from PA to Denmark!
    and that it is the PA title, that is stamped exported.
    so all i need is, that someone from the DMV confirm, that the car is exported legally.
    or a duplicate title!
    if you could just help me get in contact with a human being, and not a website..it would be highly appreciated!
    thanks!
    -palle

5. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

can you contact the seller of the car and see if he can work with you on getting a dup title for the car or the correct forms that you need to make it legal.