Register now to get rid of these ads!

Discovery Biker Build OFF!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HAAS, Sep 1, 2003.

1. i went to larry`s site and his bike for the show down with billy has billet wheels whats up with that after his big lechture about building spoke wheels??? he was totally cool maybe he is getting soft like perowitz did and Ness

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fritz, I dig the scoot, really. The birdshooters are kool, but I guess the little lady doesn't ride with you, no P-pad even.

Old school kool beats the fat tired, bling-bling bikes of today.

3. Friday's Gurl

Friday's Gurl

I thought this was kinda "weird" too... I mean, even *I* have heard of Indian Larry and *I* am a GIRL!

Becca

[ QUOTE ]
    that yaffe cat has some balls on him. i espically liked his comment that he had never heard of indian larry. WTF? how can you become a motorcycle builder and have no concept of history. i am not building bikes but i know who he is [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

4. magnet

magnet

i think Yaffe may be in for the money... not because he is a biker at heart... did you see his store bought hot rod? heheheh a prowler.

5. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Hey Slazzen, I was there we they picked out those wheeels and the thinking was they resemble an old 5 flat spoke drag wheel , Trust me you gotta see that bike in person , check out the 2 different heads a pan/shovel . I wish they showed that one last night but someone at Discovery was asleep at the switch . Check the discovery site to see when they will air the final build -off . And another ASS KICKING paint job from Robert .

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

So RumblerRock, are you Paul Cox or what? I gotta feeling.

And Fritz stop being a whiny bitch, you get whatever life's got in store for you.
    Yeah yer' an 'ol skool' bitch, but so am I. I done missed every fucking boat that came in, that's why I'm content to be plodding through a fifty acre bog full of shit in my pink galoshes.
    One day you'll be recognized for the 'boy genius' that you are, but it might be long after your dead. And you'd be better be prepared for that possibility you cry baby little child.
    At least you got some recognition, some of us don't even get to wipe the asses of the true geniuses, of which I consider you one.
    Yeah there's a few of us who know what you did, and there's a few of us who also know what some allegedly did but in reality were/are lying outta their purple bungholes.
    Truth is truth, just be happy being who you are. I think your life's been an example to me and some others, so quit yer' bitching.

I didn't watch the show I was drinking Keystone Lite at a friend's house.

7. yeah that is far out the motor is super cool rumbler it was just weird after they made such a big deal about spokes which i thought was way kool cause i have laced up a few wheels my self and they are a bitch that the next bike didnt have spokes they are both bitchen bikes though for sure I just picked up a kool old ribbed tank at the flea mkt for $5 and just found a springer front end for $90 gonna do a yamaha bobber style

8. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Sounds kool , got any pics?

9. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Hey Nads, come on it would be really cheesy for Paul to pimp his own shop Thats my job . Its Rocco . How the hell are you?Did you ever get all that shit home that you bought while you were here?

10. this is the style tank i just got here is the genral idea looking for frames now [​IMG]

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

No Rocco, I didn't. The dude Pat Kelly from Mohegan Lakes is bringing me the stuff in November to Turkey Run. Heck I can wait, I'm in no hurry.
    It was good to see you boys, I wish we could hang out every weekend, but then we'd prolly get on each other's tits.

12. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Yeah we all still have a small case of the post show blues , It was great to finally get to meet a bunch of you guys and spend some time with you , Lookin forward to feburary for your show .

13. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

Nice , kinda ol mustang tank i always called it the ALIEN eye tank , my buddy has one on his pan .

14. TWO

TWO
    from Wisconsin

Yaffe is gayer than Elton John at a giant HOG fest and Perewitz just sucks. Gay biker toys not real motorcycles.

15. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

Fritz, i love it,....and the bike is bitchin too! [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Jimv

Jimv

I don't like the Billet bikes either& I thought Yaffe was a little bitof a grown up"Bevis" But they said he employees 71 people & thats not too shabby!! good to see someone helping out with the economy like that.
    A guy I work withs son works for Yaffe & he says hes a pretty good boss. [​IMG]
    JimV

17. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

UH-HUH UH -HUH BEAVIS , I LOVE IT !

18. Tony

Tony

I ussually don't watch tv too much, but i'm glad i saw some of those programs.
    I enjoyed watching them create what was in their thoughts...
    And, of course, i friggin loved Indian Larry's scoot!!

had to be my fav of all the shows that i saw..
    I also liked his "feelings" behind not only that bike, but the whole lifestyle.
    Back to basics, building because you really love to..

Rat...

19. D Picasso

D Picasso

Larry's quote about leaving the parts out there and obvious so that one could "see the mechanism of the universe" was a good one.

man has soul.

20. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Hey Nads, "ya think im whinein" , Hell thats OK. I thought i was just pokein fun. But I do love the fact that ya were'nt holding back. It makes life more interesting!( for me at least) and belive me for the chump change we got paid at the mag it wasnt worth it. I did it cause it was fun, But feel free to bitch slap me all ya want! keeps us on our toes.

21. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Didnt yaffee say he was a drop out and a drug dealer? maybe that is how he funded the shop or maybe his parents were rich? Looks like he does a lot of manufacturing at that place. I loved Larry;s bike but could have preferred a different tank paint job/graphic...

I can only image how burnt Billy;s Ass was after that long ride on the exhaust....

22. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All I can say about it is..............I WANT A MOTORSICKLE!!!!

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

Its a day ago now and I'm not realy sure it happend...
    Did I realy watch a whole night of kickass TV??

24. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought this was kinda "weird" too... I mean, even *I* have heard of Indian Larry and *I* am a GIRL!

Becca

[/ QUOTE ]

Becca, Didn't you take those Pictures of Big Daddy they used in the Larry segment??? I know I've seen those before!!

25. I just saw Larry's bike out at Milwaukee in the infield of the Milwaukee mile and it was awesome. I'll have to post a pic I took of it (hope it came out). I didn't know it was a Discovery Channel star!

Dennis

26. Spike!

Spike!

I had the great pleasure of meeting Larry at the Rumblers show last year. He was absolutely as nice in person as he appears on TV. wish I could have thought of something to say other than "I really dig what youre doing". I don't ever get star struck. I've had a chance to photograph some of my idols in different genres, but when it came to Larry I was speachless. I just kinda sat there next to him thinking of a million questions to ask. Bikes are very spiritual things. Bikes with no souls do absolutely nothing for me. Billy Lane builds some really bitchin stuff too. I enjoyed those shows.

Spike

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Larry really is a nice guy and he rides his sickles with abandon. He don't give a flying fuck, I'm serious. But the last Gasoline Alley bike that was in Sleazyriders did nuthin' for me, it looked like a kit bike.
    I didn't see the show so hell if I know!