Register now to get rid of these ads!

Differences between Model A and '32 Lever shocks??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoalTownKid, May 21, 2008.

1. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

What are the differences between the Model A houdaille shocks and the 1932 version houdaille shocks??

Mounting holes versus positioning between frame and axles?...length of arm?....etc??

Thanks in advance as always!

2. jetmek

jetmek

very little...minor difference in the shape of the cover and the arms are thinner on 32 without a flange behind the ball

3. Good ole Jetmek! They are more exspensive!

4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I got mine from a Model A restorer and saved the Deuce surcharge.:D It ain't a "National first" restoration!:D If there aren't exact...oh well.

5. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Not to hijack the thread, but would these Model A shocks be OK on the front end of a fenderless 32 pickup?

I have some later model lever shocks but I like the compact design of what Tommy has in his pictures. I take it that those are the Model A versions correct?

6. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

7. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

29, those are 32 shocks that Tommys showin. They are about a 1/4" taller and the mounting ears are in a different location than the As. A mounting ears are along the center line of the shock, where as 32s are above the center line. The 32s also come in sets, left/front-right/rear and right/front-left/rear. The other ways to tell 32s from As, are a lip around the edge of the top cover, a "clover pattern on the back, and an oval shaped adjustment fitting where the arm mounts on.

8. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

This might help...

Attached Files: