Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did you forget to thank someone that helped with your build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rolf, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Rolf

Rolf

[SIZE=-1]CCT = Conscience Cleansing Thread[/SIZE]​

Did you forget to thank someone that helped with your build?
    I did...​

As I was filling out the spec sheet for the Rod & Custom article on my coupe, I forgot in all the excitement to mentioned our very own OLDBEET that cut the glass for the coupe...so...thanks ! ​

[​IMG]

Also, kudos goes to Keith (k-member) for the initial inspiration. His nasty number 13 coupe was parked outside a tattoo parlor sometime back in 2001 ?, and I walked in and started asking questions about "that thing" outside the store. ​

Even though I was just some smuck off the street, Keith invited me to sit in it, and check it out...
    ...pretty cool. ​

[​IMG]

Keith Hammond (coupeHead) helped me during the chop and other times.​

[​IMG]

Did you forget or want to thank someone for helping / supporting / inspiring you? ​

2. No, but the mag left them out. I was pissed off.

3. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Still building. No help though, just me . My wife has been VERY understanding. She's just happy this workaholic has a hobby.

4. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Yea I need to thank my club members and best bud Sad Fab of Death Trap Hot Rods.

5. I have heard many times at a cruise-in or show,,in some cases,,,"I built it",,,which in translation means,,,I paid someone or a pro to build it.

Other cases,,,"i built it" means he built it with the help of his friends and fellow club members. but will say "WE" ,,,if one of them are there at the time of the conversation.

I on the other hand,,,don't cut glass,,,not a good painter,,but I know friends that do,,,,I try to remember that when ask the question,,,

BTW,,,I do have a good friend,,Dave,,,that can do it all,,,,even the glass,,,,but I help him,,,ya gotta have help sometime. HRP

6. old beet

old beet

ROLF, always a pleasure to help with a REALLY nice car!!!!!!!.....OLDBEET

7. RodLand

RodLand

ROLF, I want to thank you in advance for inspiring me to get my coupe started. I have followed through the HAMB and last night got the new R&C with your car in it.

8. When I watched myself on MFS IV I realized that I did not thank my wife or kids for putting up with me and my obsession.....I also gave credit to club members for turning some parts on a lathe, and it was my dad that did it.......I know what your saying, you really appreciate the efforts of others and you want them to know it and giving them credit. The HAMB also should get credit as without all of you, well, you know.

9. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Me too!
    Rolf, your detailed build instructions and EXCELLENT pictures served as a BIG "guide" in building my Tudor.

When ever I slowed down, BANG; there you were with another chapter.
    There are a LOT of people that have contributed to the build of my car - way too many to list here - and I am deeply in their debt.

But Rolf, you provided the biggest "kick in the pants!!"
    THANKS!
    Dave

P.S. - the R&C coverage was excellent!

10. k-member

k-member

Thanks Rolf. I had to buy a copy just for the center fold that is proudly displayed in the garage!