Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did you abuse your parents cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 15, 2008.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Ha! My father took me out car shopping when I turned 16. The only two cars I can remember looking at were a Ford Pinto (thank god it was smoking like hell when we test drove it) and a gold 79 Concord. I don't remember why we didn't get the Concord but I'm thankful he decided to get a new car and just give me the family handmedown Fiat (I was the 4th member of the family to use the car).

I'd probably hate cars and be into singing shape note music or something if I had one of those two in high school.

2. Paul B

Paul B

My parents had a62 Grand Prix and a63 T-Bird would sneak one out when my mother would take the other. use to wax the shit out of the GP (Blue Coral) Mom wreaked 3 days before i got my Lic. did netural drops with the T-bird. Took my older brothers Austin Healy to school he was married but kept it at our house .found anote on it when i came out, Get this Fking car back!!!!, was showing off banged 2nd gear put the fan thru the radiator. got it home , went to the Junkyard got aused one put back together before anyone knew it. wonder what he say if tell him about it now? LOL

3. I plead the 5th

4. Circle City Kid

Circle City Kid
    from SoCal

5. Circle City Kid

Circle City Kid
    from SoCal

That was a pretty funny story man, you just got to love it when somethin like that happens

6. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

Never abused the parents cars ,but my father was a car salesman in the sixties and he used to bring a lot of neat iron home and I used to drive the s**t out of 'em!

7. Abomination

Abomination

...not if you plink out the speedometer cable before you head out! ;)

~Jason

8. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

got my dads truck stuck alot! blew the tanny in my moms plymouth skamp...also totaled out here toyota.

9. Abuse? Nah i just totaled two of them. :rolleyes:

Rain and trains were the factors.

10. mac762

mac762

I just remembered I borrowed my Dad's 81 El Camino that he had just had a 350/350 put in it with new tires and exhaust. I was messing around with a
    .44 Magnum and shot through the floor, through the exhaust, and blew out the front tire. While I was driving of course.
    My Dad asked me why the car sounded funny and why there was a spare on there. I came clean, and he laughed and said "I bet you won't do that again." He was supper cool about it, and I was more careful with guns after that. From the way he usually was I was expecting an ass whooping. Even though I was 22 or so. I miss him.

11. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Yea, just the rear tires......................:D

12. murfman

murfman

How about this, My parents abused mine!! Lived in Rancho during the mid 80's, had a 69 Coronet 500 with a built 360. My mom borrowed it and took my uncle up to Mt Baldy, rode the brakes all the way down, all 4 drums were blued!! Three weeks later, my dad cruised across Foothill on Archibald, caught air Dukes of Hazzard style, and completely crushed 2 of the header pipes flat when they bottomed out on the landing!

Me I was an angel, and never abused their stuff :D

13. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Na I always wiped the seats off after sex. :)

14. Crease

Crease

My dad lurks so absolutely never with the exception of the 5-10 times I got caught. ;)

15. williebill

williebill

This is one of the funniest threads I've read on the HAMB in a long time...
    I thought I had a couple of good stories to tell,but,damn,not after reading these..
    My stories suck in comparison..
    Do we see a pattern among HAMBers?
    Some funny shit,you hoodlums

16. classicfins

classicfins

Did you know that you can take your mom's '74 Toyota Corrola wagon with automatic tranny up to about 40mph, slip it into reverse and mash the gas to the floor and do wiggly reverse burnouts for about 60 feet before you start going backwards? LOL That lasted about two years and then one day the tranny exploded. LOL Jesus that was a tough little car..

17. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

MANY MANY TIMES
    DOUGHNUTS IN THE SNOW IN MY DADS
    84 CIVIC.. a week later he needed a new E-brake:):)

18. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Nope Never NOT ONE TIME!!!and I'm not just saying that cause my Pops is a Hamber

19. Tall Tom

Tall Tom
    from Austin MN

My dad's first brand new car was a 53 Buick tudor hardtop, tutone blue, straight eight with a stick. I was nine years old when he got it. My job from day one was to wax it. He had it untill 1960 so that's the car I learned to drive with. Well I tried to lay rubber with it several times and it just would not do it; I'd rev it up and dump the clutch..... and not even a squak. Then one time I tried reverse...... wow it really lite em up. :D

20. BuckeyeBorn

BuckeyeBorn

I fucked my rents car up all the time.. It is all I had. Hopped hills. Sped and slid sideways all the time.... gottta love the trust

21. hairypalms

hairypalms

my dad gave me a pink 71 toyota corona station wagon when i was 16. it was already old and rusty, it had chickenwire around the headlights with about four inches of bondo. i really beat the hell out of that car, did burnouts in it, went off roading, crashed it - ripping the sheetmetal open on the rear fender, until it finally died. my dad didn't speak to me for a few weeks after i killed it... i should also say that he traded some very old motorcycle parts of mine for the car, and it pissed me off, as well as selling his old beater 62 VW van that really wanted right before i could drive it. i guess i took my frustration out on that poor toyota. LOL, my step brother got it after i abused it, all duct taped to together , he killed it agian sooner than i did

22. NO ! My dad never let me drive the '69 Gallaxie family ride with the 390 police interceptor. I just drove my '57 with the rebuilt 283, 2 bbl. My dad must of had a fun time when he was young, and he remembered, to keep his sons in his control.

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No, my parents didn't give me a car. I had to earn it, so I appreciated it. HOWEVER, I did participate in the destruction of my cousins first car. Ditches we're our friends. We had many close encounters.;)

24. Let's just say that I made my moms 66 Impala SS FLY:eek::eek::eek: about 3ft off the ground ...joe

25. The look on Dad's face as he is walking under his '73 225 on the lift..."Why are there 1/4" deep gouges in my front cross member?"

"Steven, why are three out of five leaves broken in the rear springs on the wagon?" Pintos will take a beatin'

25 years later, he finally let me drive his car again.

26. In a word, Yes. The worst thing I did was to try and run a '69 Galaxie 500 4dr up the side of s steep, well rutted 4x4 hill. I hit ti hard enough to bend the frame up fron and realign the hood and fender. Very Dukes of Hazard of me.
    I loved that car and hated myself for doing it. The dumb things drunk kids do.

27. Lstude

Lstude

28. bigolds

bigolds

I used to take my Mom's car and drive it to school,,,,,no abuse there, thing was I didn't yet have a license. As I got my balls up I did start beatin the piss out of it, just showin off!!! I didn't get caught until a cop almost rear ended me as I was making a left turn to take my bud home, we went to get senior pictures!!! Oh, the car was a 66 Buick Skylark GS convertible!!!

29. zbuickman

zbuickman

mine had (still have) a 65 GTO Tri-power M-21 four speed posi. Noooo Never:D
    Thing is, mine would blow its doors off so it really wasnt too big a deal.... just raced it a little...;)

30. raceratrod

raceratrod

I looked at it as making the car run better ,(cleaning the carbon out of it )or what parents call it beating the hell out of it. I guess it's all in what age group your in.