Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did you abuse your parents cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 15, 2008.

1. GeoZ1

GeoZ1
    BANNED
    from Illinois

Define abuse.

2. TurboX2

TurboX2

Yes sir I did! My dad had an Olds 98 that ran good and I liked to shift it on the go. One day when my car was in the shop he let me use it to go to school. A buddy and I were riding around power breaking and corner busting. So I decided to shift on the fly as I was smoking the tires around a corner when all the sudden I went to far and hit reverse. That thing stoped in it's tracks and died. Started it back up and prayed it would move foward and it did. Two months later my dad and some friends and I were headed to a meeting and we heard a bump knocking sound in the rear of the car and I didn't say a word about what happened!

The car ended up with a new posi rearend because the other one was trashed. No more tire smoking!

3. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

I didn't but my friend Mike sure did:

* 'Popped the pipes' on every car his parents owned. They never understood how the mufflers could keep blowing up.
    * Wide open throttle Neutral drops.
    * Wide open throttle Reverse-to-Drive drops
    * Driving a '77 Marquis four door full throttle down off road trails the 4WD guys were not crazy about taking
    * Driving the '78 Ford F250 with a junk, bare 383 Mopar block loose in the bed for several weeks. The inside of the bed looked like it had been through a shredder.
    * Doing 'Annihilators' which was code for burning off the rear tire until it popped then repeating the process for the other three tires. Bumper jack required.

4. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I abused every car I drove in the 50's and 60's.

5. spot

spot
    from usa

My brother got the 70 electra 225 as his car when he turned 16 and mom got a new one. Only after we had done the following. Power braking was a blast with the 455. Blistered the hides off of it. Drove it through corn fields. Raced everything we could find. One night while power braking the car lost power then picked back up with a mild skip. checked everything, gave it a tune up and still had the skip. Drove it for over a year until dad needed the 70 back to replace his. We decide to put his engine in because it had few miles on it. I tore my brothers 455 down and one of the lifters had exploded, bent the pushrod into an S. little pieces of lifter all over the valley and yet the big 455 still ran pretty strong on 7 cylinders. Best we could figure is the power loss and skip was the lifter and pushrod coming apart. Really never understood how those little pieces never got into anything and caused a catastrophic failure.

6. CruZer

CruZer

Oh yeah !!! When I got my license my father had just paid to have our'56 Chevy 6 rebuilt, I beat the crap out of that car and ended up rolling it on a back road racing.
    He took it in stride and just bought another car. God, I miss him !!!!

7. Beau

Beau

It was only a few light poles, a couple steel gates and some hill climbing at the sand pit....but my Moms van held up just fine. No abuse at all. :)

8. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

Oh yea, there was lots of abuse. Dad said I "had the shit touch", everything I touched turned to shit.

9. arincee

arincee

My mother let me take her car to Niagara Dragway on sundays. I'm sure she thought I was just watching the races and I never told her anything different but that 273 Valiant sure did good in it's class.

10. camcb

camcb

Why no uh what have you heard?

11. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

12. edweird

edweird

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I must be schizophrenic; mom had a black with white/white 1975 Olds Delta 88 convertible which I lovingly cared for versus my dad's 1976 Jeep Wagoneer which I would drive over the high school lawn and up and down this huge hill at a park at night. It was used hard for years through my university years until one day on the way home from work the 360 just finally blew up after 165k miles. The body was really rusty (Maine salts the roads) and she was only just passing inspection anyway, so we junked it. Ironically, it was my dad who proved to be the end of the Olds, winter ice and a guardrail tore the rear axle from her moorings. Dad was fine, I was devastated. They later bought a used Cadillac that I again lovingly cared for and eventually became mine. I had it in NC but the A/C quit and I used that as a reason to buy my first new car. I gave the Caddy to my little brother who proceeded to destroy it within a year, an ignominious end to what was a beautiful car. I've been on both sides of that coin. :rolleyes:

14. Yes and I regret it.

15. me, no.... my dad yep but shortly aftyer i started driving my first car (hand me down) the spider gears in the 10 bolt exploded while i was driving it.......

16. Gman0046

Gman0046

I used to take my Dads 59 Pontiac Catalina 389 to the track. First thing we did was take off the hub caps. Before going home the numbers came off the windows and the caps were put back on. Fortunately that Pontiac never showed any signs of the abuse.

17. yblock292

yblock292

remember when my dad bought a new beautiful 69 tornado, gold with white interior, would just fry the front tires! Didn't get to drive it much, but it was kool!

18. MISCONSTUDE

MISCONSTUDE

Does a frog have a watertight ass?

19. Ricci32

Ricci32

My mom had a 71 mark III lincoln 460 375hp we tried to kill that thing drag raced everyone went parking in the woods took it out on a old military runway taxi way wore the tires round like a dounut my dad a life long mechanic said i never saw tires wear like that untill he put it on the lift and saw the pinch lip on the rockers wore off and the exhaust pipes almost worn through my mom drove tha car for 18 years put 275thousand miles on it.

20. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

cant say as i abused my parents car, however , i did sink the old mans truck in a river. lol

21. Yes.....Every chance I got and proud of it!

22. Gave this girl a ride home from school and got a date with her.:cool: After dropping her off I was so happy I popped the clutch on my parents 60 Chevy Impala and blew the rear!:eek: Well I ended up marrying her!:rolleyes: Been together over 41 years!:D

23. drdoom

drdoom
    from new jersey

hell yes i did

24. boutlaw

boutlaw

Missed a telephone pole about a foot, slid up through Mr. Greens yard in the Olds and back onto the street. Never knew the pole was even there till the next day when I rode by on my bike to see how bad I mangled Mr. G's yard. What a dumbass, not Mr. G!

25. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

Yep .... broke the transmission in my dads cougar doing a burnout.. Moms 64 falcon made it though without missing a beat.

26. no limits

no limits
    from Louisiana

I have to say, YES I DID !!!!!:D

27. rogerfurgason

rogerfurgason
    from britton mi

yup. 64 galaxie, 390

28. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Interesting how many of our moms drove Oldsmobiles.

I did not abuse her Olds as much as I did dads pickup. My brother did T bone a county sheffif in her 74 Delta 88.

29. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

When 16, I had my dads 72 Skylark out with friends on a friday night.
    We were chasing girls, and acting like fools. I was being a tough guy flying down a very curvy gravel road, when I missed a turn and drove about 100 feet into a corn field.
    When the corn was in bloom, 7' tall.:cool:

After getting car out and back into town, I stopped at carwash to make sure car was fine and made it home by midnight.

Saturday morning, my dad comes in and says: Ahh, get dressed and come out back.
    Our garage was 80 feet behind house, and the skylark always sat next to garage.

So as Im getting dressed Im thinking...what did I do? I know the car is fine, I checked it good at the carwash.

So as I come down steps into drive and walk to the back, I see DAD standing about 10' in front of the car.
    As I got close enough, I could see a dozen corn stalks wedged under car..:eek:

Well, busted. So I fessed up and took a 1 month grounding from the car.

Lesson I learned: Look the car over much better NEXT time!...:D

30. yep 62' Buick Wildcat 455 and 66' Tempest 326