Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I Stutter ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BUICKNAILHEAD, Sep 12, 2005.

1. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Ok so here goes. Dodge 318 running points, Was out racin around in the truck one w/e and it ran fine all day untill I came home. Got in the drive way and it stuttered and stammered. On acceleration (snaps) it's mint. But when you feather it down it stutters. I checked the carb and it was not spraying evenly which led me to believe the accelorator pump was shot. (2 barrel carter) I took my carb back to the parts place and swapped it for a newer rebuild. slapped it on and it does the same thing. Can points or anything electrical make this happen? the stuttering I mean. I am wondring if the newer rebuild suffers from the same accel. pump problem? wondering if fuel pump would do this??? hmmm?

I checked

1) all fuel filters

2) cleaned lines

3) all connections, spark plugs are clean.

4) all wires are clean and grounded properly

It will only stutter on a certain spot in the acceleration. if i quickly snap it its perfect. f'n wierd!

any ideas?

NAILHEAD

2. I find that 90% of the time people think something is wrong with their carb, something else is wrong. Check your cap, rotor, points, vaccuum advance, first. check for vaccuum leaks.

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I agree and to which I will add that over the counter rebuit carbs are junk about 90% of the time.

4. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

Sounds like it is sucking air. Do you have one of those little inline fuel filters?? If so check that also. Along with the cap and rotor and points like moparsled said.....