Register now to get rid of these ads!

*****Diamondback pie crust style tires*****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

I wonder if these tires are going to be like the all alum flat head V8:rolleyes:

2. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

I hope so. The Aluminum Flathead Mark Kirby and Shadow Rods Prototyped has now advanced to the pre-production phase.

Geoffrey

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

Could you make some phone calls,and get them working on the new 392 Hemi block that was supposed to be out 2 yrs ago...?:D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. airhead

airhead

I just called and they said their prototypes will be in in Jan or Feb. He believes the 15 and 16 inch will come in at the same time and possibly be for sale in 3 or 4 months. Will be put on website when available.

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looking forward to seeing there design.
    Thank you for the update.

6. A Boner

A Boner

Any news.....seems like it is taking forever!

Attached Files:

7. Is it H.D. truck tire? Hope it doesn't ride rock hard like a dump truck.

Looks good though in pictures.

8. A Boner

A Boner

Don't know how they will ride......so far the tire is just a dream.

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

don't hold your breath...there is another thread about them on here I was reading this morning...Diamondback was saying early summer.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. A Boner

A Boner

Summer, but did they say what year?

11. I called about 2 weeks back and they said mid April!

12. C-10 CST

C-10 CST
    from Indy

Coker has had the same tire on their site as coming soon for over a year. It's obvious that they are having problems with them or they would have been selling them last year. I sure wouldn't want to be the Ginny pig that buys the first set.
    There's a few threads on this site about these tires & none of them are worth a damn until someone actually gets a set on their car, puts a few thousand miles on them and reports & back. Just my 2 cents.

13. A Boner

A Boner

I agree, I'll wait to make sure they are round..... As I have had my fill of "drive past the bounce, it will smooth out" tires. Or, "get them road force balanced" tires? Or, "just find a guy that can shave them" tires. Or, "send them back and they will send you a new set"..... All you have to do is pay AGAIN for them to be mounted and balanced, tires.

Till then, I'll run some slightly wider "normal" radial ply tires mounted on aluminum 5 spokes!

14. A Boner

A Boner

Any updates on these new tires???

15. VintageJosh

VintageJosh
    from Mass

I was down at the Charlotte Motor Speedway for the Autofair, I was hoping that Diamond Back would be there like in past years, but only found that Fritz was "representing" the brand for them. He only recently got an Auburn tire for display. All they had was a small tire in a black-wall and I hate to say that I wasn't overly thrilled, the sidewalls look very straight and industrial sort of like what Coker offers now, but I would be willing to give a try if I get a better look at a finished and mounted white wall version. Especially if they are tubeless rather than what Coker offers I will be even more interested. The Coker bias look that I got last year require tubes and a higher pressure so my car seems to ride more like a dump truck. But at least it is a dump truck that goes straight on the highway. ;)